Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Question About Knowshon Moreno

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oland11

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Question About Knowshon Moreno Reply with quote

What is Knoshone Moreno (I think thats how you spell it) doing nowadays? I saw he got a TD in the last game but thats all I saw on TV. Whats going on with him and his chances of like making the team next year as of right now.

Thanks guys. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Question. Reply with quote

Knowshon was way down on the depth chart during camp, but was bumped up to 2nd string at the last minute because he apparently showed good blocking ability in the preseason. IMO he's gonna have to be a total stud this year for Denver to brink him back. Historically, he hasn't been able to stay healthy long enough to count on him as a no 1 back, and he's just never showed the playmaking ability that he had at Georgia. He has great lateral quickness and runs really hard, but he has poor vision and poor top end speed for a back his size. I've always been puzzled by this. Lateral quickness/athleticism requires a lot of fast twitch muscle fibers. Typically, fast twitch guys have at least some speed to match their quick feet. Knowshon is the exception. When he plants his foot and accelerates, you swear he's gonna blow the doors off the entire stadium. And then......he doesn't. Instead, he runs slow and flat footed, and doesn't appear much faster than the D-linemen once he's up to speed. Very strange to watch.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with what 1234567 said.

If you're asking for fantasy purposes, I'll advise you to not waste a roster spot on Moreno. He gets injured easily, fumbles frequently and it's anyone's guess as to how much and in what capacity he is going to be used on a week-to-week basis.

As far as the football player himself, he's lucky to have a job. John Fox, unsurprisingly, opted to keep the more-experienced Moreno on the roster rather than the lesser well-known, young players like Jeremiah Johnson and Xavier Omon. Moreno had to fight like hell to keep his job in the presesaon and training camp. If Ronnie Hilliman had been able to stay healthy for more than one practice, he would be the #2 RB rather than the #4; he would have been able to develop a rapport with Manning and had an opportunity to prove to the coaching staff whether he can be the dynamic play-maker he was drafted to be.

Knowshon Moreno is not a good player. He missed a block last week that could have resulted in Peyton getting injured, thankfully Manning's pocket presence avoided what could have been a devastating hit. Moreno ran to the wrong side on a running play that, only because of dumb luck, Peyton was able to scramble 7 yards for a first down on 3rd & 6; that was a busted play that Manning made work positively and that the inept NBC commentators failed to recognize. He has no vision or instincts as a runner. More often than not hits the wrong hole and then can't find running lanes. And I said before he fumbles frequently and is easily injured. And, according to some reports, he's not a positive presence in the locker room.

FYI, oland11, I would advise you to put a more descriptive title when creating a thread. "Question." is not really a good title and I've amended it as such, I hope you don't mind. I'm certain you'll get more replies with this title than you would have to your previous one.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
oland11

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This wasn't really a fantasy question, I just wanted to see how he was doing. And to think, The Broncos could of drafted Lesean McCoy instead. But thanks anyways for all the input and fixing. Very Happy
dbronx42

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
This wasn't really a fantasy question, I just wanted to see how he was doing. And to think, The Broncos could of drafted Lesean McCoy instead. But thanks anyways for all the input and fixing. Very Happy

We also could have drafted Clay Matthews > Robert Ayers. You do know that happens to every franchise right? Including your Eagles? LeSean's stellar season didn't help Philly get to the playoffs did it?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Question About Knowshon Moreno Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
What is Knoshone Moreno (I think thats how you spell it) doing nowadays? I saw he got a TD in the last game but thats all I saw on TV. Whats going on with him and his chances of like making the team next year as of right now.

Thanks guys. Very Happy

Moreno is a lot better football player than many around here give him credit for. He has been inconsistent and has not been able to stay healthy. But he has shown flashes both as a runner and receiver. He just needs for everything to come together for him. Consistent playing time minus injury plus opportunity.

This is the type of guy that will benefit immensely from a change of scenery. I predict he will still be a very good RB in this league. I think he can certainly be on the level of Willis Mcgahee. I just hope he plays well and shows enough this season for us to keep him. Dont want to see him leave and begin to put up numbers elsewhere that I know he is capable of. Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Moreno ran to the wrong side on a running play that, only because of dumb luck, Peyton was able to scramble 7 yards for a first down on 3rd & 6; that was a busted play that Manning made work positively and that the inept NBC commentators failed to recognize.

Speaking of, did anybody else notice how surprisingly quick PM looked when he ran on that play? Obviously, he's no Mike Vick, but he's a lot faster than I would have ever expected.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: