Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jay Cutler on ESPN 1000
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Jay Cutler on ESPN 1000 Reply with quote

Jay's on his weekly show on ESPN 1000 right now. In a nutshell, here is what he has said in the first five minutes regarding Webb:

*He realized the next morning how big of a deal it had become.
*He doesn't regret pushing Webb, but he admitted he shouldn't have done it and that it's not acceptable behavior.
*He said he doesn't regret yelling at Webb, because he wanted to get him fired up and to get some emotion out of him.
*He said he talked to Webb and the coaching staff in private and that they "put it behind them," but would not say that he apologized to him.

Done deal, time to let it go.
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a pretty good show. I liked how Jay didnt dodge any questions really, he was pretty open and it got kind of contentious between him and Waddle for a minute there, haha.

I plan on tuning in weekly.

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Jay Cutler on ESPN 1000 Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Jay's on his weekly show on ESPN 1000 right now. In a nutshell, here is what he has said in the first five minutes regarding Webb:

*He realized the next morning how big of a deal it had become.
*He doesn't regret pushing Webb, but he admitted he shouldn't have done it and that it's not acceptable behavior.
*He said he doesn't regret yelling at Webb, because he wanted to get him fired up and to get some emotion out of him.
*He said he talked to Webb and the coaching staff in private and that they "put it behind them," but would not say that he apologized to him.

Done deal, time to let it go.
I don't see it as a major problem but we all know it would take a 2x4 across the head to get any reaction from Webb. And no matter how fired up he might become it won't rescue an awful game plan or change Matthews into someone less. We played right into GB's hands.
jspiel24

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone interested;

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/chicago/play?id=8395440

Badger75

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure when it started or why. But sitting in the portable stands in the outfield at Wrigley Field, late 1950's, the old timers grumbled. They had been buying tickets since the 1930's.

"When is Halas going to dump Blanda and put in Brown?"
"No, Bratkowski is better."
"What ever happened to good 'ole George Blanda....the AFL?....No kiddin'"
"We trade Bratkowski to LA for Wade? Whats he gonna do for us?"
"So Brown is now backing up Layne in Pittsburgh? Figures. They never shoulda dumped Layne"
"Bukich is MVP? You kiddin' me?"
"So, Bukich is back, we got Concanon from the Eagles, And who are Rakestraw and Virgil Carter?"
"That right? He told the Old Man it was 'Chicken bleep' and Royko ran it?"
"So 'Chicken Bleep' is in Cincinnati now and he is leading the league in passing?"
"So Bobby Douglass is leading the league....in rushing as a QB?"
"So we have Vince Evans, Mike Phipps and Bob Avellini? And it's still Walter right, Walter left"
"Did you hear Halas wouldn't pay McMahon who almost jumped to the USFL...told yeah....and the other guys are Avellini and Tomczak?"
"McMahon is finished and Harbaugh is in. And Tomczak"
"So wait, your telling me McMahon backed up Favre in Green Bay for a SB ring, Tomczak is playing for the Steelers and Harbaugh almost got the Colts in the SB? Who you kiddin'"
"So Kramer got the Lions in the NFC championship game. Really? So why Mirer, Kreig, Walsh, Willis and Matthews?"
"We drafted McNown and a guy named Miller from Pittsburgh wins 14 games?"
"So McNown is gone, so is Miller and we have Grossman?"
"So Grossman is in DC, Orton is with the Titans and Jay is in?"

I need a B&B, dump it straight in the coffee.....
topwop1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cutler was asked if there was one throw he wished he could take back from his disastrous performance in last Thursday's 23-10 loss to the Green Bay Packers. Cutler's response revealed a capacity for compartmentalizing that should be the envy of anyone with aspirations for emotional and social detachment.

After pausing for a moment, Cutler chose a pass that receiver Brandon Marshall dropped in the end zone early in the third quarter as the Bears trailed 13-0.

"I wish I had that one back," Cutler said. "The picks? You can have those. The one I would take back was the one to Brandon off his hands. I put it up probably just a half count quicker than I wanted to. Felt a little bit of pressure and put it up. 'B' will tell you it was a catchable ball. But I could have made it 10 times easier for him, just putting it up a little to the left and holding him up a little bit. He crushed the guy on his route, and that could have made it easier on him. That could have changed the complexion of the game."

Wait.....whaaaat? So Jay you're telling us that the 4 picks were all just great plays from the defense and not the result or fault of you/other players on the team/but mostly you making poor decisions with the football. And also, the pass to Marshall should have been thrown better?!?d'oh!....sure maybe it could have been thrown slightly better but that is a catch any legit NFL WR should make regardless. Wow I'm slowly losing respect for this guy the more and more he talks.
raq11

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Quote:
Cutler was asked if there was one throw he wished he could take back from his disastrous performance in last Thursday's 23-10 loss to the Green Bay Packers. Cutler's response revealed a capacity for compartmentalizing that should be the envy of anyone with aspirations for emotional and social detachment.

After pausing for a moment, Cutler chose a pass that receiver Brandon Marshall dropped in the end zone early in the third quarter as the Bears trailed 13-0.

"I wish I had that one back," Cutler said. "The picks? You can have those. The one I would take back was the one to Brandon off his hands. I put it up probably just a half count quicker than I wanted to. Felt a little bit of pressure and put it up. 'B' will tell you it was a catchable ball. But I could have made it 10 times easier for him, just putting it up a little to the left and holding him up a little bit. He crushed the guy on his route, and that could have made it easier on him. That could have changed the complexion of the game."

Wait.....whaaaat? So Jay you're telling us that the 4 picks were all just great plays from the defense and not the result or fault of you/other players on the team/but mostly you making poor decisions with the football. And also, the pass to Marshall should have been thrown better?!?d'oh!....sure maybe it could have been thrown slightly better but that is a catch any legit NFL WR should make regardless. Wow I'm slowly losing respect for this guy the more and more he talks.

Hitting Marshall puts us at 7-13 halfway into the 3rd with our defense playing well. I fail to see your point, at all. At that point he had 1 pick. It was right before his pick to Bennett who sad there waiting for a few hours for the ball to come. Well before his desperation heave to Marshall. And way before his "interception" to end the game.

This all ignoring the fact that his first pick his the ground as it was being caught.

Losing respect for him? Give me a break
Timothy67

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed listening to it.

One thing that this reinforced in my mind is that Silvie is little more than the Jerry "The King" Lawler on their radio show. He is the color commentator whose job it is to irritate and offend in an attempt to entertain. I could seriously do without him on ESPN 1000. He reminds me of another commentator on AM670 I believe who has a habit of calling the commissioner Roger GODdel and calls the replacement refs "scabs" to show his blue color low brow mentality.

As for Jay he was good. He made the point that he was not going to throw anyone under the bus no matter how much he was enticed to.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed where he laid into Silvy for speculating what he was thinking on the sidelines right after Silvy said something about not liking the whole practice of interpreting Jay's body language, essentially calling out all media and how they make these ridiculous stories and referring to one headline talking about what he was thinking and he said "That's not my headline". So true.

Also, with regard to the whole Webb "shove", can we look back at it with some perspective at this point? It was no more than a strong pat on the shoulder, yet to hear it talked about the past 5 days you'd think he took off his helmet and hit him with it or gave him a two- handed shove into a giant pit and yelled "THIS IS SPARTA!" Talk about a mountain from a mole hill.

Also, all of the talking heads have been saying he needs to acknowledge that he made some bad throws on Thursday and that he went too far with Webb and he did both today. I wonder if any of these same talking heads will acknowledge that like the big boy journalists they'd have us believe they are.

/cranky over it rant

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Pool

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Jay but he really came across as an arrogant jerk in that interview. I lost some respect for him when he was talking to Waddle like he was a moron when he questioned him about not running the ball to beat the two high etc. To say he is abrasive is putting it mildly.
Timothy67

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pool wrote:
I like Jay but he really came across as an arrogant jerk in that interview. I lost some respect for him when he was talking to Waddle like he was a moron when he questioned him about not running the ball to beat the two high etc. To say he is abrasive is putting it mildly.

Jay might have been a bit rude to Waddle but after dealing with Silvie who was basically being Captain [inappropriate/removed] I can see that Cutler was probably short on patience.

Besides, Waddle basically wanted Cutler to throw Tice under the bus and Jay refused. How is that Jay being rude to Waddle?
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Quote:

How do you think a first-ballot hall of fame QB like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady reacts to an interception? Do you think they lament over every pick they throw, or do you think they would have rather converted some easy opportunities that were missed?
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timothy67 wrote:
Pool wrote:

Jay might have been a bit rude to Waddle but after dealing with Silvie who was basically being Captain [inappropriate/removed] I can see that Cutler was probably short on patience.

Besides, Waddle basically wanted Cutler to throw Tice under the bus and Jay refused. How is that Jay being rude to Waddle?

I agree - I thought Waddle was trying to get him to say he shouldn't say, and if I recall correctly he said to Waddle that it's easy to judge what happened after the fact. For a guy who is apparently a "bad teammate" he did everything he could today to not throw his teammates under the bus.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:

I agree - I thought Waddle was trying to get him to say he shouldn't say, and if I recall correctly he said to Waddle that it's easy to judge what happened after the fact. For a guy who is apparently a "bad teammate" he did everything he could today to not throw his teammates under the bus.

I think he also did a fantastic job of presenting the player's perspective on a tough loss.

We get so caught up in the fan perspective every week, and the media drags us into it as well. As fans, your team is only as good as their past game. But as a player, your team is only as good as their next game.

I think we can all be better fans if we stop and think about this every now and then, especially after a tough loss on a long week.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

I think he also did a fantastic job of presenting the player's perspective on a tough loss.

We get so caught up in the fan perspective every week, and the media drags us into it as well. As fans, your team is only as good as their past game. But as a player, your team is only as good as their next game.

I think we can all be better fans if we stop and think about this every now and then, especially after a tough loss on a long week.

Sunday can't come soon enough to get some new football fresh in our minds.

GRRLacher wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: