Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can we stop babying our WRs
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tone


Joined: 03 Jan 2011
Posts: 57
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Can we stop babying our WRs Reply with quote

Although I like what I seen out of Gibson amendola and smith.
I would like to see our 6'4 220lbs 2nd round pick Wide out. If we didn't feel like he was ready in my opinion he should have took that many more reps in the offseason and preseason. I would also like to see quick throwing to a little mor often. Take the diapers off and let them play.especially when you have WRs drafted after quick making plays Hill-jets Jeffery-bears Wright-titans.
Now I know it's only week 1 by no way am I saying there going to have better careers . Im just saying can we see the kids PLAY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RamRod


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 9421
Location: Virginia
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kendall Wright was drafted before Quick and their draft position is irrelevant to me. And I kind of don't understand what you're getting at. You say to stop "babying" them but you say you like what you see out of Gibson, Smith, and Amendola. The only one you mentioned was Quick. Just because he didn't play and have an awesome debut like Hill or Jeffery doesn't mean he sucks or he's gonna bust, or this or that. He'll be fine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
chris00cm


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 17074
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are one game into the season.

I feel like that is all that needs to be said.
_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 47787
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: Can we stop babying our WRs Reply with quote

tone wrote:
Although I like what I seen out of Gibson amendola and smith.
I would like to see our 6'4 220lbs 2nd round pick Wide out. If we didn't feel like he was ready in my opinion he should have took that many more reps in the offseason and preseason. I would also like to see quick throwing to a little mor often. Take the diapers off and let them play.especially when you have WRs drafted after quick making plays Hill-jets Jeffery-bears Wright-titans.
Now I know it's only week 1 by no way am I saying there going to have better careers . Im just saying can we see the kids PLAY


That's not a smart approach. My assumption would be that Quick isn't playing yet because he's not up to speed. Putting him out there only hangs Sam out to dry.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NVRamsFan


Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Posts: 2873
Location: Reno, NV
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Fishers Monday news conference and he was asked about the progress of the two rookie wr's. His only comments were that they were each out there for a few plays and when they were out there they were in the right places. He seems to be giving them small roles in games to see if they know what they're doing. He's bringing them along slowly and is focusing on them doing their jobs properly before he includes them more in the offense.
_________________


titan on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cover2man_flats


Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Posts: 465
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally like what Fisher is doing with bringing Quick and Givens along.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maladeen3917


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 3134
Location: NWK NJ
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
I watched Fishers Monday news conference and he was asked about the progress of the two rookie wr's. His only comments were that they were each out there for a few plays and when they were out there they were in the right places. He seems to be giving them small roles in games to see if they know what they're doing. He's bringing them along slowly and is focusing on them doing their jobs properly before he includes them more in the offense.


my gripe with that is can we as the rams truly do this? With such little talent at the skill positions already can afford to have two potentially dynamic role players at this point not assist? Givens speed and Quick's size could be quite valuable for this offense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
S-jax39


Joined: 23 Aug 2010
Posts: 6696
Location: [D]MV
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see both sides of the argument. On one hand if they arent ready maybe they shouldnt be out there. On the other hand, other Wrs out there werent making an impact so why not let them be out there? Sometimes you need to be out there to learn. They certainly do it with qbs all the time. Theres really no real negative to having them out there. Lets gibson and Amendola be out there then throw quick and givens in at times.
_________________
Welp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3893
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have horrible pass catching options on this team (I've been arguing that on this forum since 2007). Gibson should be a reserve player, Amendola is nice piece but he is limited physically, Givens and Quick are raw and no one can be sure how they may perform.

It is going to be at least another year before our offense is respectable. The lions just shut us down without 2 starters in their secondary, and this is the unit that allowed Matt freaking Flynn to throw for 6 touchdowns with the season on the line last year.

There's no point in discussing our offense this year. We lack play makers and our offensive line is a wet paper bag. Enough said.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NVRamsFan


Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Posts: 2873
Location: Reno, NV
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maladeen3917 wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
I watched Fishers Monday news conference and he was asked about the progress of the two rookie wr's. His only comments were that they were each out there for a few plays and when they were out there they were in the right places. He seems to be giving them small roles in games to see if they know what they're doing. He's bringing them along slowly and is focusing on them doing their jobs properly before he includes them more in the offense.


my gripe with that is can we as the rams truly do this? With such little talent at the skill positions already can afford to have two potentially dynamic role players at this point not assist? Givens speed and Quick's size could be quite valuable for this offense.


Not disagreeing with you at all. Just was pointing out what Fish looks for in them right now. I think we need to turn them loose more, we'll see what happens with the line the way it is.
_________________


titan on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 44540
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The word you are looking for is developed?
_________________

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 47787
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
I can see both sides of the argument. On one hand if they arent ready maybe they shouldnt be out there. On the other hand, other Wrs out there werent making an impact so why not let them be out there? Sometimes you need to be out there to learn. They certainly do it with qbs all the time. Theres really no real negative to having them out there. Lets gibson and Amendola be out there then throw quick and givens in at times.


There is a negative. If they aren't running the right routes and aren't on the same page as Sam, they're going to hang him out to dry.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
S-jax39


Joined: 23 Aug 2010
Posts: 6696
Location: [D]MV
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
I can see both sides of the argument. On one hand if they arent ready maybe they shouldnt be out there. On the other hand, other Wrs out there werent making an impact so why not let them be out there? Sometimes you need to be out there to learn. They certainly do it with qbs all the time. Theres really no real negative to having them out there. Lets gibson and Amendola be out there then throw quick and givens in at times.


There is a negative. If they aren't running the right routes and aren't on the same page as Sam, they're going to hang him out to dry.


And if others are out there and having zero impact is that any better? I trust fisher though, so I wont complain too much. Cant wait to see what we do against the skins.

It just sucks so much to be so close to a win you can taste it. Laughing Im going to be salty for awhile.
_________________
Welp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wr80


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 492
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Floyd had 0 receptions, Blackmon had a few. Rookie WRs aren't getting as much time first game as people think they would
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bzane


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 565
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Can we stop babying our WRs Reply with quote

tone wrote:
Although I like what I seen out of Gibson amendola and smith.
I would like to see our 6'4 220lbs 2nd round pick Wide out. If we didn't feel like he was ready in my opinion he should have took that many more reps in the offseason and preseason. I would also like to see quick throwing to a little mor often. Take the diapers off and let them play.especially when you have WRs drafted after quick making plays Hill-jets Jeffery-bears Wright-titans.
Now I know it's only week 1 by no way am I saying there going to have better careers . Im just saying can we see the kids PLAY


Can I ask how Steve Smith is looking?

A few years ago he had that tremendous season for the Giants- setting their all-time record for receptions in one year, and getting named to the Pro Bowl; and then he suffered that terrible injury. The Giants thought he wouldn't be ready for at least a year, and didn't match the free agent contract that the Eagles offered. Smith went off to be part of the "Dream Team", and had a nothing- much season in Philadelphia (11 catches). The Eagles let him go, and he signed with the Rams. Is Steve Smith getting back to what he was, or is he still hampered by his injury? He was a great possession receiver for a couple of years and would be a big help to Sam Bradford- if he were back to his original form.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group