Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3 positives and 3 negatives from Week 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark sanchez

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: 3 positives and 3 negatives from Week 1 Reply with quote

Self-explanatory, I'm trying to get a feel for the goods and bads of all the teams so far.
baysik

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good:

1. Alex is improving, not in meteoric spikes or anything, but it's steady and it's showing.

2. Alex Boone (RG) had a great first outing, hopefully he continues in this form - we know he'll be tested against Suh

3. Defense has not regressed.

---

bad:

1. Alex is improving, but not in the meteoric spikes we all want. he missed one visible deep ball opportunity, but then again - in a game that went this well, it's hard to be a complainer.

2. special teams misses Blake Costanzo and Cory Nelms, we've given up 2 TD's on special teams now if you include preseason.

3. Delanie is night and day with his pass catching ability. In week 1, we got night. aka; massive stonehands.
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My good:

1. Alex is in control of the offense. The offense doesn't want him to throw the ball for 350 yards a game, so he's not going to put up the stats, but the bottom line is he's becoming a good qb and definitely one of the more efficient ones. He struggled on the road a bit last year, so for him to go into a hostile environment like that, week 1, and put up those numbers, that's a big plus.

2. The defense can be scary good sometimes.

3. Special teams is still pretty beastly.

4. offensive options. Hopefully this trend will continue through tougher defenses, but so far, i have to think that it's working out just like harbaugh and baalke wanted it to. they may not have a guy who catches 100 passes or 1200 yards, but on any play alex has several legitimate options for the first time in his career. it's exciting.

the bad:

1. 3rd down conversions. Long been a struggle here. sometimes the line struggles on third and short, and when we are in 3rd and medium (say Cool, we have a tendency to throw 5 yard passes. I hate it.

2. Offensive line. joe staley got abused several times last week, and he's our best pass protector. the niners are going to give up sacks, which is problematic when you don't really have a longball game and alex has a bit of a history of getting hurt. I will say though that alex has done a fantastic job the last year and a half of not fumbling even when taking a blind side hit.

those are the biggest two for right now. I'm sure there are several more little tweaks that could be put in here, but those are the two that immediately spring to mind.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
struby3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baysik wrote:

2. special teams misses Blake Costanzo and Cory Nelms, we've given up 2 TD's on special teams now if you include preseason.

Do you mean Colin Jones?
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

struby3 wrote:
baysik wrote:

Do you mean Colin Jones?

I will answer for him and say yes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: