Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Some interesting player/league averages on the Browns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
We gotta see if this youth will ever translate into wins. Our young offensive linemen looked much better today. Hughes played like a beast.

But on the flip side Hagg and Skrine looked pretty poor. This is the second game in a row for Hagg.

Marecic is still dropping everything, which is just seeping with irony.

Never should of let Vickers go. Had better hands even if we never used him and is a way better blocker.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Ether wrote:
We gotta see if this youth will ever translate into wins. Our young offensive linemen looked much better today. Hughes played like a beast.

But on the flip side Hagg and Skrine looked pretty poor. This is the second game in a row for Hagg.

Never should of let Vickers go. Had better hands even if we never used him and is a way better blocker.

Hate to say it, but I agree.

Neither one is much of a receiver, but Vickers is a sledgehammer in the run game.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
Ether wrote:

Hate to say it, but I agree.

Neither one is much of a receiver, but Vickers is a sledgehammer in the run game.

+1

PSN: bench515lbs
Ether

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was already an eyebrow raising move when it was assumed that Marecic would have significantly better hands than Vickers, now that it's apparent he isn't just not significantly better, but likely even worse, it's just a hilarity.

It's not that we need Vickers himself back, great blocking FBs aren't uncommon, it's just that we need to be willing to admit our mistakes and move on from Marecic if he continues to be a non-factor and at times a hindrance.

However in retrospect I definitely find it sad the way they did Vickers. I don't know what type of money he wanted, but it's not like he signed with the Texans for that much, and for some reason I doubt we even talked to him. At least that was the way it seemed.
bulldog

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
It was already an eyebrow raising move when it was assumed that Marecic would have significantly better hands than Vickers, now that it's apparent he isn't just not significantly better, but likely even worse, it's just a hilarity.

It's not that we need Vickers himself back, great blocking FBs aren't uncommon, it's just that we need to be willing to admit our mistakes and move on from Marecic if he continues to be a non-factor and at times a hindrance.

However in retrospect I definitely find it sad the way they did Vickers. I don't know what type of money he wanted, but it's not like he signed with the Texans for that much, and for some reason I doubt we even talked to him. At least that was the way it seemed.

Whats [i]hilarity[/b] is to expect a 4th round pick to play great after 18 games.
Ether

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
Ether wrote:

Whats [i]hilarity[/b] is to expect a 4th round pick to play great after 18 games.

18 games is well long enough to start expecting some signs of life. Marecic has been nothing but garbage. And we're talking about a 4th round pick fullback here, that's extremely high. Don't act like it's an overreaction to be disappointed in what he's done.

Fullback is not a difficult position to transition into the NFL as either, probably one of the easiest actually. Marecic has no excuses.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: