Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Healing Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: The Healing Mock Draft Reply with quote

I know this is stupid and a waste of time, but to heal I need to look to the future and not think about what happened last night.

Free Agency

OG Andre Smith [Cincinnati] 4 years 24 million/10 guaranteed

A disappointment as the 6th pick he has turned into a solid RT, but I think with his size and power he is best suited at LG.

Draft

1[25] OT Brennan Williams [North Carolina] 6'7" 325lbs.

Williams is an under the radar draft prospect that carries a 2nd round grade because he plays RT at North Carolina. But Williams is an elite athlete and has the size, length and movement skills to be a LT for the Bears. With how bad J'Marcus Webb has been the Bears need to find someone who can become their LT.

2[57] LB Nico Johnson [Alabama] 6'2" 245lbs.

If LT was not such a huge need I would suggest taking a LB in the 1st round, but that is a luxury the Bears cannot afford. Johnson is a Nick Saban LB which means he is disciplined and pro ready. Johnson has the size to hold up inside and the speed to drop into the middle coverage that he needs to in our defense.

3. Traded for Brandon Marshall

4. TE Joseph Fauria [UCLA] 6'6" 255lbs.

Kellen Davis is brutal and Kyle Adams may never be able to block. Fauria has the size to be a relevant blocker and the hands to be a threat in the passing game. He is not an elite athlete like the Gronks and Grahams but he will represent an upgrade.

5. CB Nigel Malone [Kansas St] 6' 190lbs.

The Bears continue to develop CB talent for the future, but at this point their vets a re playing well and do not immediate return from these young guys.

6. LB Kenny Tate [Maryland] 6'4" 220lbs.

A converted safety that is stuck between positions he may be an ideal fit in the Cover 2 as he is long and he can cover. He has the physical tools to warrant development behind Briggs.

7. Traded for Brian Price
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brennan Williams is not an elite athlete. I highly doubt he'll be considered a potential LT.

Edit: I may have to take that back. He looks pretty fluid here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMDy1lNAUqA

I wasn't impressed with him before.

lol Yeesh finishing the second half of the video. There's the very sluggish lateral movement I saw.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft anybody Bama. Especially Warmack/Jones. ROLL TIDE!
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Draft anybody Bama. Especially Warmack/Jones. ROLL TIDE!

Taking positional value out of the equation there isn’t a better offensive lineman in all of college football than Chance Warmack IMO…

As for the mock…Williams is an interesting guy who plays with power but his foot speed isn’t great…in certain schemes he could play LT…just not sure about us tho since Carimi never got a shot to play LT for us…Johnson isn’t a fit as a LB in our scheme…he lacks true sideline to sideline speed…C.J Mosley is the Alabama LB who fits what we do…I wouldn’t take a single skill position player in this draft…TE is an issue right now but we have way bigger needs and I don’t rate Fauria highly…the last two picks would struggle to make the team…I think spending money & or 1st round pick on the Oline what take away too many resources from the D…we have to add some youth & speed to the D.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: