Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game Day Thread- Week 2: Ravens vs. Eagles
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many T/Os will Vick have...
3+
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
None
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 21

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Game Day Thread- Week 2: Ravens vs. Eagles Reply with quote

Baltimore Ravens

VS

Philadelphia Eagles

Where: Lincoln Financial Field
When: September 16, 2012- 1:00 PM EST
TV: CBS and DIRECTV- 712
Weather: 77- Perfect Football weather is perfect.

Quote:
Stat Report (OFFENSE):
BAL Ravens
Total - 430 yds (4th), 7.4 yds/play (2nd); 44 PPG (2nd)
Passing- 308 yds (3rd); 2 TDs (T-6th); 0 INT (T-1st)
Rusing - 5.3 ypc (4th); 2 TDs (T-2nd); Att- 23 (T-19th)

PHI Eagles
Total - 456 yds (2nd), 5.2 yds/play (16th); 17 PPG (T-23rd)
Passing- 306 yds; 2 TDs (T-6th); 4 INTs (T-31st)
Rushing- 5.0 ypc (5th), 0 TDs (T-18th), Att- 30 (10th)

Quote:
Stat Report (DEFENSE):
BAL Ravens
Total: 322 yds (14th); Yds/Play- 4.7 (T-8th);
Breakdown: 13 PPG (3rd); 6.0 Yds/Pass (T-5th); 4.6 ypc (24th)
Impact: 4 sacks (T-2nd); 1 INT (10th); 1 FUM (6th)
TDs Scored: 1 FUM/INT (1st)

PHI Eagles
Total: 210 yds (1st); Yds/Play- 3.6 (T-1st)
Breakdown: 16 PPG (6th); 3.4 Yds/Pass (1st); 4.5 ypc (23rd)
Impact: 2 sacks (T-15th); 4 INTs (1st); 1 FUM (6th)
TDs Scored: 0 FUM/INT (T-8th)

ESPN Picks:
12-2, BAL RAVENS

Quote:
Purple Keys to the Game:
1. Avoid Throwing It Away- Flacco history shows that he's usually good with not turning the ball over, but he also doesn't tend to face playmaking outside corners like Aso and DRC. He'll need to make sure only his receivers can get to his passes. Targeting the TEs might be the best strategy.

2. Ray Rice Running for the Ravens... From Ruckers- Quite simple. The Eagles pass defense is going to be really stout and we can assume that after this past week's performance against Cincy that they'll play us to stop the pass. So with that being said, we'll have to make sure that we can run the football to open things up for our passing attack.

3. Generate a Good Pass Rush- Michael Vick is very good with his feet, we know this. When Mike Vick has time in the pocket, he has the arm to pick you apart. We know this. But Mike Vick is only Mike Vick, so we need to play him like he is Mike Vick and put pressure on him. When Mike Vick is put in pressure situations, more often then not Mike Vick will make bad decisions and possibly turn the ball over.

Quote:
Jedi Knights of the day: (Mace Windu)
1. Ray Rice- Rice should be a big part of the gameplan. If Rice is able to effectively run the football, he'll make the entire offense better.
2. Lardarius Webb- Webb is an adept pass rusher off the edge as a nickel. Vick has shown before that he doesn't always make the right reads pre-snap. Webb should be able to impact the game defensively with pressure off the edge as well as with his ability to generate INTs through the air. Along with his return ability... he could be in-store for a big game.
3. Haloti Ngata- Ngata is the one man on the defense most likely to generate pressure. Pressure up the middle is also the type that most impacts QBs, if Ngata can consistently collapse the pocket, then Vick is becomes less pocket pass and more athlete.

Sith Lord's to Avoid:
1. Shady McCoy- The Ravens showed an apparent weakness against the run when facing the Bengals. BJGE has been a back that has given us fits when we've played him. But the holes the defense gave were too large to not be cause for concern. The Ravens will need to limit McCoy's overall dynamic impact on the game. With the strong possibility of the Eagles receivers being limited (Maclin hip pointer and Jackson hamstring).

2. Nnamdi Asomugha- A year ago Aso was considered the 1b corner in the league. He's not someone that you want to make it your mission to exploit. He'll likely draw a matchup on Boldin and Boldin's biggest strengths (physicality and experience) will greatly be neutralized by Scrabble.

3. Jason Babin- The Eagles probably have the deepest front 7 in the NFL, so why Babin as opposed to any other number of guys? Well Babin is a premier pass rusher in the Eagles system. Babin will be covered by a rookie RT, Kelechi Osemele... of the Eagles pass rushers, he has to be given the edge for that reason. If KO struggles it means we have to assist him with TE help and therefore keep one of our playmaking options from impacting the passing attack.

Quote:
Injury Report:
BAL RAVENS
DID NOT PRACTICE
Wednesday
C Matt Birk (thigh), LB Paul Kruger (back), DE Pernell McPhee (knee), T Jah Reid (calf)

Thursday
LB Paul Kruger (back), DE Pernell McPhee (knee), T Jah Reid (calf)

LIMITED PRACTICE
Wednesday
S Ed Reed (thigh)

Thursday
C Matt Birk (thigh), S Ed Reed (thigh)

PHI EAGLES
DID NOT PRACTICE
Wednesday
WR Jeremy Maclin (hip)

Thursday
WR Riley Cooper (collarbone), WR DeSean Jackson (hamstring), WR Jeremy Maclin (hip)

LIMITED PRACTICE
Wednesday
S Kurt Coleman (facial lacerations), WR Riley Cooper (collarbone), CB Curtis Marsh (hamstring)

Thursday
CB Curtis Marsh (hamstring)

FULL PRACTICE
Wednesday
S Colt Anderson (knee), WR Jason Avant (wrist)

Thursday
S Colt Anderson (knee), WR Jason Avant (wrist), S Kurt Coleman (facial lacerations)

Game time is approaching... Discuss.

Last edited by diamondbull424 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really really really really hope the Eagles try to run Shady McCoy at us like 35 times because it's going to be funny watching that little stick figure try to be physical with our defense!

And when our offense quickly puts up 14 points, they have to go back to throwing the ball 50 times with Michael "I throw more INT's than Jay Cutler" Vick, which is going to be fun to watch!

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel confident about the game, but honestly, Shady McCoy scares me. Our run defense didn't look that good last week, but then again, we typically don't against bruiser type backs. I think we have to force Vick to throw and essentially just contain both him and McCoy. If we do that, he's prone to making bad decisions and with our opportunistic secondary, I think we can force a few turnovers.

Offensively, we need to continue with the no huddle. It will minimize their pass rush which is what they rely on, and force them to stay in a certain alignment and we can take advantage as needed. I think if we force them into nickel with a 3 WR set, we can exploit them via the run game/TE game. Their LBs/Safeties are a weak spot, minus Ryans, and I think that'll be the key to our success. I think we'll see a big day from Rice/Pitta/Dickson.

My weekly predictions:

Flacco: 24/33, 286 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT
Rice: 14 rushes, 65 yards, TD; 6 catches, 47 yards
Boldin: 4 catches, 49 yards
Smith: 3 catches, 67 yards, TD
Pitta: 6 catches, 66 yards, TD
Dickson: 4 catches, 37 yards

Ngata: 1 sack, 1 FF
Reed: 1 INT
Webb: 1 INT
McPhee: 1.5 sacks
Upshaw: .5 sacks

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx
jonu62882

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I really really really really hope the Eagles try to run Shady McCoy at us like 35 times because it's going to be funny watching that little stick figure try to be physical with our defense!

And when our offense quickly puts up 14 points, they have to go back to throwing the ball 50 times with Michael "I throw more INT's than Jay Cutler" Vick, which is going to be fun to watch!

You sure about that, bruh? It's not Shady's physicality that makes him dangerous...

ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonu62882 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

You sure about that, bruh? It's not Shady's physicality that makes him dangerous...

I don't believe Shady has had a proper introduction from this man though...

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I might enjoy playing the NFCE this year. We haven't had this much trash talking in the Ravens forum for quite some time... It's not exactly my style, but call me crazy... But all this rowdiness is getting me pretty amped for this game.

... And I can't way to see one of my favorite prospects from 2012, Mychal Kendricks, go out and compete.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
I think I might enjoy playing the NFCE this year. We haven't had this much trash talking in the Ravens forum for quite some time... It's not exactly my style, but call me crazy... But all this rowdiness is getting me pretty amped for this game.

... And I can't way to see one of my favorite prospects from 2012, Mychal Kendricks, go out and compete.

I think it's just Eagles posters, they bring "it" out of everyone.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Like Philly's defense. I think they could cause some problems for our O Line. Can't see Vick doing anything against our D. And if Maclin and Jackson are both out or not 100% forget about it.

Ravens 20, Eagles 17

Free Ray Rice
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

I don't know. I remember a few years back the Giants GDT seemed to be pretty good. And then you figure with the Skins' being a competent team the beltway "rivalry" might actually draw some extra energy... And then everyone hates Cowboys fans, plus we closed them out of their former stadium. I expect that GDT to be exciting also. Plus the stakes for all teams involved will be pretty high this year.. Only making things more rowdy.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I Like Philly's defense. I think they could cause some problems for our O Line. Can't see Vick doing anything against our D. And if Maclin and Jackson are both out or not 100% forget about it.

Ravens 20, Eagles 17

Agreed. Fletcher Cox up the middle against Birk could be ugly. And then KO will be battling one of the better pass rushing LEs in the NFL... That's a tough task for any veteran to handle, let alone a rookie playing in his 2nd regular season game.. His first on the road with a loud crowd making it difficult to hear Flacco's adjustments. And then last but not least you've got Oher matching up against their most complete defensive lineman in Trent Cole... Oh and we have an inexperienced Harewood in there as well. Their DL + our OL + their secondary = Flacco is going to have his hands full.

We're going to have to run the ball and get those guys playing on their heels. This year the line looks more physical in the run game FTMP. So I'd like to keep them aggressive.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

They tend to be an angry and defensive bunch of people in my limited experience of them when it comes to their team

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

They tend to be an angry and defensive bunch of people in my limited experience of them when it comes to their team

Which is funny because in real life every Eagles fan I know is just about the most impatient group of fans. It's like they somehow combine a powerful loyalty to their team with a rabid hate for how ever their team operates. They could win a Super Bowl and find a way to criticize their team with how they won it. People like to make it out like New York is bad, but Philly fans are just about the least satisfied fans their are. If I were an athlete I'd pick New York over Philly any day. New York has "media scrutiny", but Philly has media scrutiny plus the most critical fanbase I've come across.

... Though I guess they do love their teams.. In their own way.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

I'd be angry too if I had to go through what they did. 4 straight NFCCG with 1 win then a subsequent loss in the SB where their QB couldn't handle the pressure so much that he Willy Beamon'd the 4th Q. I guess we're kinda spoiled being 1/1 in Super Bowls, although we are only 1/3 in AFCCGs. Still though, we got dat raaaaang.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RUN THE BALL, please. I don't see the fancy no-huddle passing attack being nearly as effective this week.
mddeckie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel confident for this game. IDK why but I think the ravens will contain vick and be forced to run the ball. I see shady have a big day. maybe over 100 yds but I dont think itl be enough. Expect to see a lot of rice and a lot of pitta/dickson with Torrey getting a long bomb to seal the deal in the 4th qtr Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 1 of 45

Jump to: