Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game Day Thread- Week 2: Ravens vs. Eagles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many T/Os will Vick have...
3+
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
None
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 21

coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are some of the big things I will be watching in this game:

BAL OL vs. PHI DL - I think this is the most obvious match-up in this game. Oher and Osemele played very well last week but they have a much tougher assignment this week. I would say it's the toughest of the year but when the Ravens face the likes of Pierre-Paul/Tuck/Umenyiora, Dumervil/Miller, Hali/Houston, Ware/Spencer, and Harrison/Woodley later in the season it's hard to peg who is really the best out of that group. I'm not worried as much as I am excited to see how well the Ravens OTs can hold up against quality pass-rushers. The interior of the Eagles line worries me a bit more. Yanda will be fine but the true weakness up front is Harewood and Birk and it will be interesting to see how the Eagles attack those two. I think the key to the Ravens winning this game is the running game and their OL should be able to get a consistent push against the Eagles DL.

BAl Passing Game vs. PHI Secondary - Like the OL Flacco will be getting a true test this week. The Eagles probably have the best combination of pass-rushing and coverage the Ravens will see all season so we'll really see how much the passing game has progressed. I'm particularly interested in seeing who Asomugha lines up against the most. Dickson and Pitta should get a lot of looks and they have the better match-ups against the Eagles LBs/Ss than Boldin, Smith, and Jones do against their DBs.

BAL Front 7 vs. PHI OL - Both the pass-rush and run-defense of the Ravens will be under scrutiny this week. Physical RBs who don't move around much laterally usually have better luck against the Ravens defense than the shiftier RBs but not with the consistent success the Bengals had. Like I mentioned in the other thread I think the ILBs playing quite a ways back from the LOS had something to do with it but it was sub-par regardless. McCoy is one of the best RBs in the league and although the defense has had success against guys in his mold before this is a different Ravens run-defense and this could be where they really feel the loss of Suggs and Johnson setting the edge. Upshaw could provide a lot of help here if he gets on the field more. The Ravens pass-rush looked ineffective whenever they didn't blitz. This has been a concern ever since Suggs went down and it has to be better for Baltimore to be a an elite team this season. Kruger needs to play the RUSH more, McClellan is not a starter in this league and Upshaw isn't the ideal guy you want rushing the passer every play either.

BAL Secondary vs. PHI Passing Game - Vick is the big wildcard in my opinion. If he tries to force things like he has a tendency to do then I like the Ravens chances. If not then this will be a tough one. Even if Jackson and Maclin play (and I'm pretty sure they will) they won't be at their best so that helps too. I think Maclin is the guy they have to focus on but we all know Jackson can make a big play at any time too. Reed should play a big role in this game as I don't see Vick shying away from throwing the deep bombs and that's always a good thing for the Ravens.

So yeah pretty much everything is a point of interest but that's why I think this is going to be an awesome game to watch. As always I'll predict a Ravens win but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they lost. It should be a close game barring a lot of turnovers from one side so my guess is that the score will be 23-20 in favor of Baltimore.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
RUN THE BALL, please. I don't see the fancy no-huddle passing attack being nearly as effective this week.

I disagree. I think this is the perfect game for the no-huddle. The Eagles have one of the deepest defensive lines in the national football league. Against the Browns, I heard it said that they had a 10-man rotation... just for the DL.

So with that said, I think our best bet offensively is to keep the same defensive lineman on the field for as long as possible to give our offensive line an advantage... as opposed to having to consistently battle fresh explosive legs at the POA throughout the game. We need to focus on trying to wear the Eagles DL down and THEN trying to use that to exploit them in the intermediate passing game.

My strategy, come out in a double TE set with Pitta/Dickson.. that way we can balance between running and passing. With both guys out there we can split out either TE to either side as receivers- and not many LBers are going to be able to cover their size + WR skills. Run the ball right at that DL to wear them down, keep them out on the field via the no-huddle for as long as possible, switching between running Rice and taking advantage of the TEs. That should get us a scoring drive.

Next drive go 3 WRs, 1 TE, rinse and repeat. Of course we'll likely have to huddle a couple times during a drive and with that you throw Leach out there and just go smashmouth football for a few plays a drive.

So while I agree we should definitely utilize the running game a lot, I think it'll be important to be able to run out of those single back sets, so that we can keep running the no-huddle offense all-the-while. It's our best chance to get the defense playing on OUR terms and not us playing on theirs.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonu62882 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I really really really really hope the Eagles try to run Shady McCoy at us like 35 times because it's going to be funny watching that little stick figure try to be physical with our defense!

And when our offense quickly puts up 14 points, they have to go back to throwing the ball 50 times with Michael "I throw more INT's than Jay Cutler" Vick, which is going to be fun to watch!

You sure about that, bruh? It's not Shady's physicality that makes him dangerous...

Ray Lewis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> *can't stress this enough* Brian Urlacher.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
nevermore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
jonu62882 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I really really really really hope the Eagles try to run Shady McCoy at us like 35 times because it's going to be funny watching that little stick figure try to be physical with our defense!

And when our offense quickly puts up 14 points, they have to go back to throwing the ball 50 times with Michael "I throw more INT's than Jay Cutler" Vick, which is going to be fun to watch!

You sure about that, bruh? It's not Shady's physicality that makes him dangerous...

I'm just gonna post it before an Eagles fan does:

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
jonu62882 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I'm just gonna post it before an Eagles fan does:

Ah.

*hangs head*

DAMN YOUUUUUU RAY!!!!!

*insert post about how Ray has dropped 20 lbs and is now quicker and more agile and thus won't have my ankles broke by Shady*

BlaqOptic wrote:
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still say that's much more of a fail by Johnson than Lewis. He only looked so bad because Johnson came flying in right in front of him. If Johnson kept contain to the outside instead of going for the big hit that's an easy tackle stop by either player.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not get carried away, they are both REALLY bad but if we wanna debate which is worse, Ray knew JJ had the outside of Marshawn so he was playing inside the whole way, and then JJ failed.

Urlacher straight up got smoked one on one.

BlaqOptic wrote:
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Eagles posters are so touchy. You guys should really get in on this. It's not every week we get GDT's like these. Don't let them go to waste. Laughing

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

drd23

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Some Eagles posters are so touchy. You guys should really get in on this. It's not every week we get GDT's like these. Don't let them go to waste. Laughing

What are you doing?

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:

What are you doing?

Just talking a bit of "smack", if you can even call it that.

I said Vick is a poor man's Tyrod, and said I was trolling. Someone still got offended by it and went off, asking me for facts/evidence etc...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=498790&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=165

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

drd23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
drd23 wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:

What are you doing?

I said Vick is a poor man's Tyrod, and said I was trolling. Someone still got offended by it and went off, asking me for facts/evidence etc...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=498790&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=165

After reading some of their GDT, I really do not understand them.

You've got that one guy that has taken every single thing you've said literally.

You've got people making outlandish predictions that kinda imply that they think they'll win easily, but then you get one come over here and make a big deal out of what ceejay has to say.

Some say they want a "rowdy" GDT and then people call you a troll or cocky for playing along.

Boy am I glad we only need to deal with them once every 4 years

I would have loved to have seen what would have happened if ceejay or DTMB had gone over there and done their thing Laughing

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
drd23 wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:

What are you doing?

After reading some of their GDT, I really do not understand them.

You've got that one guy that has taken every single thing you've said literally.

You've got people making outlandish predictions that kinda imply that they think they'll win easily, but then you get one come over here and make a big deal out of what ceejay has to say.

Some say they want a "rowdy" GDT and then people call you a troll or cocky for playing along.

Boy am I glad we only need to deal with them once every 4 years

I would have loved to have seen what would have happened if ceejay or DTMB had gone over there and done their thing Laughing

I like most of them, they're pretty funny for the most part. And yeah, I don't get some saying they want a rowdy GDT then others getting all PO'd. TBH, I was kinda hoping DTMB or ceejay would have been there by now. Even said something alon the lines of, "If you get this upset with me being "cocky" just be glad it wasn't some other Ravens posters".

I'm pretty sure the majority of them know what's going on though, at least the ones who post in TAST regularly. And the ones that are taking me serious....Laughing

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

AlexM23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys no matter what happens tomorrow can you please remember not to blame the refs or use any other excuses after we're finished smashing you? Just take your beat down like men... albeit men who wear purple.

Kiltman on the sig
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexM23 wrote:
Guys no matter what happens tomorrow can you please remember not to blame the refs or use any other excuses after we're finished smashing you? Just take your beat down like men... albeit men who wear purple.

As long as you promise to do the same.

Unrelated: Our QB doesn't need a flak jacket.
Also, inb4hewillwhentheEaglesawesomefront7isdonewithhim

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

AlexM23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
AlexM23 wrote:

As long as you promise to do the same.

Unrelated: Our QB doesn't need a flak jacket.
Also, inb4hewillwhentheEaglesawesomefront7isdonewithhim

But does your QB have a Soulja Boy song dedicated to him?

Didn't think so

Kiltman on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 2 of 45

Jump to: