Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Guys Who Need to be Replaced
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
False again. It was clear as day for some of us that Charles Grant for Mark Anderson was obviously unbelievably stupid.

Well it should be clear to a superstar GM like yourself.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
False again. It was clear as day for some of us that Charles Grant for Mark Anderson was obviously unbelievably stupid.

It was.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn I missed this argument....although I guess I was part of the last one we had Laughing

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Damn I missed this argument....although I guess I was part of the last one we had Laughing
Laughing
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I know everyone is mad and people want Lovie Smith fired, but the truth is that Lovie is a good coach and that it is going to take time to dig our way out of the Jerry Angelo hole. However good a coach Lovie is in the other phases of the job the fact is he is a terrible game day coach. One of the worst I have ever seen coaching the Bears. And this one from the beginning with the deference was particularly bad. I knew they would lose when he did that. HOWEVER, no one is saying fire him now there is no point to that. I expect us to be 8-8 or 9-7 so the time to can him is after the season.
Angelo is not at issue here but it is hard to quickly get an offense firing on all cylinders.

Did Lovie and more importantly Mike Tice get out coached last night, YES.

But the simple fact remains that this team is still, even with a great offseason from Phil Emery, less talented than the elite teams like the Packers and the 49ers. This is true which makes coaching doubly important. I never go into a game where I believe we have the best coach.

Jerry Angelo dug this team into a deep hole on offense by depleting the talent level and not replacing key positions, like LT, with legitimate starters. Last season we were a joke of an offense if you really look at it and we cannot expect to climb out in 1 offseason and 2 games. It is rather ironic that one of Angelo's choices, Cedric Benson, gave a huge contribution to GB's victory last night. I tried to warn everyone he would help them and just received jeers and laughs for it.

Phil Emery made some sensational moves to improve the offense [Marshall, Jeffery, Rodriguez, Bush, Campbell] but there were still so many holes to fill. I do not blame him for not having the money and picks to invest in the OL that is on the guy before who wasted 11 years of picks and money when it came to the offense. You have to have luck to be a good GM, Angelo had NONE but bad. But he was still more successful than most.

This reclimation project is going to take a little more time before we can say that we are in the same talent level as the Packers and the 49ers.

If you want someone to blame look here,

The Goddess Fortuna is more to blame than Angelo.

I agree that Lovie is not a strong game day coach, but he has won a lot of games with a less talented team.

He took a seriously flawed team to the NFC Championship game.

Don't get me wrong I will not cry of Lovie goes, but there are talent issues on this team left by Angelo.

There is no excuse that I will accept for the state our offense was in when he was fired.
When everything falls into place and the game plan is working Smith seems to be fine. But Championships are won by the coaches who can adapt on the fly when the game plan does NOT work. You and I both know that luck was more important than coaching the last playoff season. You could hardly ask for more luck than we had that year.
And GB could not have had much worse luck but their coach adapted to it.

Once our game plan runs aground we are sunk.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
The stench of Jerry Angelo is going to take more than a year to wash off.

I expect Emery will fix the OL next year like he did the WR group this year.
Our WRs played as badly as Webb last night, if not worse.

They did, but Marshall and Bennett have a resume and reputation for being good.

Webb has not reputation or resume to fall back on. This is more than a bad game every once in awhile.
Actually, it isn't. Webb has trouble against the best pass rushers but so does the rest of the NFL. Did it look to you like the game plan was designed to counter Matthews? Take him out and GB isn't much. Is that too much to ask from a coach?
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
Al, you actually are pointing to Benson and saying "I told you so"??? Benson did absolutely zero that was special. Any second rate running back can do what he did. The fact that you want to take credit for that is hilarious! Laughing
Benson played a key role in our defeat. whether you admit it or not. He has been a thousand yard back each of the last three years. This is something GB has been missing.

As I said Benson will help GB and he did Thursday night.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
way too early to say who needs to replaced windy, davis did have a toucdown catch last night but the packers had him covered like a blanket. and yes webb and spencer had a bad game but look who webb had to block every play. clay matthews. clay is primed to have a monster year. he had multiple sacks and made plays against the 49ers and they have a pretty good oline, but nobody is screaming about having their left taackle replaced

Thats the point he cant take on some of these beasts in the league. Its going to be the same story every week. It won't be the same story if they start out running the ball at him. If freeney didnt go out with the ankle injury we would of had the same story. Probably not true since we were running the ball that game. We have Matthews twice we have Avril twice and we have J Allen twice. Something needs to change can it be any worse with Williams or moving Carimi over and putting Williams or scott at RT
What needs to change is implementing an INTELLIGENT game plan rather than that ridiculous piece of crap we saw Thursday.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
Ignorance is bliss...I guess. I always said I would be a better one than JA. So no, wrong again. But, if you want to do this, ok. I COULD be an NFL GM. Some of you are completely fooling yourselves thinking it is the hardest job ever. Coveted doesn't mean impossible. Secondly, I don't try hard to do anything like not giving people credit. Just because Webb won like 3 plays against Freeney doesn't mean he dominated him at all. Need we go back in the day when you claimed over and over and over again that Tommie Harris was looking like a juggernaut in training camp even though I told everyone here he was awful? I don't expect you to understand this at all though.
Anybody could be a NFL GM. But only a few are good ones. If Obama can be president, you definitely could be a GM.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
Ignorance is bliss...I guess. I always said I would be a better one than JA. So no, wrong again. But, if you want to do this, ok. I COULD be an NFL GM. Some of you are completely fooling yourselves thinking it is the hardest job ever. Coveted doesn't mean impossible. Secondly, I don't try hard to do anything like not giving people credit. Just because Webb won like 3 plays against Freeney doesn't mean he dominated him at all. Need we go back in the day when you claimed over and over and over again that Tommie Harris was looking like a juggernaut in training camp even though I told everyone here he was awful? I don't expect you to understand this at all though.
Anybody could be a NFL GM. But only a few are good ones. If Obama can be president, you definitely could be a GM.
I have absolutely zero problem with that statement.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
I have absolutely zero problem with that statement.
I have some advice. Marry the Boss's daughter.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:

It was.

Yeah it’s always a great idea to not even try to improve your team & stick with a guy who clearly isn’t getting the job done…I’m sure a franchise will be on the phone to you soon looking for your “expertise”
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:

What an asinine statement.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:

What an asinine statement.

Agreed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: