Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Railgating?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Railgating? Reply with quote

Beginning with the Minnesota Vikings' Sept. 23 home game against the San Francisco 49ers, the city of Minneapolis wants to allow nearly two dozen food trucks and a beer stand with Minneapolis brews to set up on two blocks of 5th Street along the Hiawatha light-rail line between Park and 5th Avenues.

The idea is part of an experiment by Mayor R.T. Rybak and other city officials to create a more vibrant downtown game-day experience in anticipation of the opening of a new Vikings stadium in 2016.

Rybak: "We're not going to wait until the stadium opens to have a more exciting game-day experience. Doing it now allows us to experiment a little bit. Let's jump in and let's have some fun and see what happens."

http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/169709126.html?refer=y

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
since72

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when they set up the party next to the Mississippi River to handle people arriving by boat, would that be Watergating?
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

since72 wrote:
So when they set up the party next to the Mississippi River to handle people arriving by boat, would that be Watergating?

I understand the reference...but that would actually be more like Sailgating. Laughing

Thx to Uncle Buck!
The Gnat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea, not the watergating but the railgating, fun idea. Makes me want to go up there just for the food.

Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really have any interest in going to the dome to watch the game because honestly NFL games in person are pretty boring. I would however be all over doing some railgating outside and watching it on a big screen TV.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
I don't really have any interest in going to the dome to watch the game because honestly NFL games in person are pretty boring. I would however be all over doing some railgating outside and watching it on a big screen TV.

Go railgating and then when the game starts hop into a bar and drink and watch the game, does sound better then going to the actual game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: