Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft/Free Agency Thread II Sparkly Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
parker1035 wrote:
htfryar wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
htfryar wrote:
atran35 wrote:
If we go 4-3 how would this change the draft? Draft more DEs?

We would need at least 1 DE and 1 or 2 OLB's. Assuming Spencer leaves, we would only have Ware, Albright and Crawford at DE. Assuming Lee and Connor would be the MLB's with Carter at WOLB, that leaves us Kyle Wilber and Victor Butler at SOLB.

I really like Alex Albright and Crawford seems to have a bright future, but I'm not sure I'd want either of them to start at DE opposite Ware. Plus, I'm not at all confident that Wilber or Butler could be a starting caliber SOLB and we'd definitely need someone behind Carter at WOLB.

Butler is a free agent.

Good. I didn't like him anyway. Now, if we go the 4-3 route, we'd definitely need 2 OLB's and a DE to compete with/backup Crawford.

Assuming Te'o falls hard. He could be our Sam if there is no value for oline or dline.

It's a pretty poor use of resources to draft a strongside linebacker in the first round, IMO. It's a two-down position that can be filled adequately by any just-a-guy.

Stick to the board... If he's BPA at a position of need then take him. If we switch to a 4-3 SOLB will be a need and he could be BPA. Teo would give us the best young LB crew in the league, when healthy. Also, with the uncertainty of Lee and Carter's ability to play a full season another stud LB wouldn't hurt. I think that all three would be interchangeable so Teo wouldn't need to come off the field every 3rd down.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
htfryar wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Blogging The Boys ‏@BloggingTheBoys

Quote:
Someone's off. @RobRang says #Cowboys take NCSU QB Mike Glennon in 1st @Drafttek says they take him in the 5th! NFP says Glennon best QB

CBS Sports, which partners with nfldraftscout.com, has Glennon rated as the 5th best QB, the 52nd best overall prospect and a 2nd rounder. Looks like everyone has a different opinion of him. He is either a 1st, 2nd or 5th rounder, depending on which website you like to believe.

I dunno about you, but I'd absolutely invest a 5th round pick in him.

I definitely would take him in the 5th if he was still there. I do not want him in the 1st or 2nd rounds though. There are much bigger needs than QB for this coming draft.

Agreed. And this is a bad QB draft to begin with. QBs who would (and probably should) be drafted in lower rounds in years with better talent at the position will be pulled up to higher rounds due to the lack of other viable candidates at the position. I'd rather not reach on a guy when the value isn't there.

Plan this draft is better for qb's than what is being projected over the next couple of years. Only Bridgewater right now is considered a big time prospect. If Mettenberger takes the next step he too will have a chance to rise. With Bray coming out this makes it one of the better drafts at the qb position. I just don't think you will see the instant success of rookie qb's that you saw this year.

Does any these names excite you ?

Mettenberger
McCarron
Bo Wallace
Tyler Russell ( I think he actually has a chance to be very good)
Driskell
Murray
Mariota
Tahj Boyd
Carr

Bryn Renner may be the safest pick of all the qb's if Bridgewater doesn't come out next year.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
matt79511 wrote:
parker1035 wrote:
htfryar wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
htfryar wrote:
atran35 wrote:

We would need at least 1 DE and 1 or 2 OLB's. Assuming Spencer leaves, we would only have Ware, Albright and Crawford at DE. Assuming Lee and Connor would be the MLB's with Carter at WOLB, that leaves us Kyle Wilber and Victor Butler at SOLB.

I really like Alex Albright and Crawford seems to have a bright future, but I'm not sure I'd want either of them to start at DE opposite Ware. Plus, I'm not at all confident that Wilber or Butler could be a starting caliber SOLB and we'd definitely need someone behind Carter at WOLB.

Butler is a free agent.

Good. I didn't like him anyway. Now, if we go the 4-3 route, we'd definitely need 2 OLB's and a DE to compete with/backup Crawford.

Assuming Te'o falls hard. He could be our Sam if there is no value for oline or dline.

It's a pretty poor use of resources to draft a strongside linebacker in the first round, IMO. It's a two-down position that can be filled adequately by any just-a-guy.

Stick to the board... If he's BPA at a position of need then take him. If we switch to a 4-3 SOLB will be a need and he could be BPA. Teo would give us the best young LB crew in the league, when healthy. Also, with the uncertainty of Lee and Carter's ability to play a full season another stud LB wouldn't hurt. I think that all three would be interchangeable so Teo wouldn't need to come off the field every 3rd down.

Minter is better than Teo. Go watch LSU vs Bama and rewatch Notre Dame vs Bama. Minter is a much better lb. It's not really even close.
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
matt79511 wrote:
parker1035 wrote:
htfryar wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
htfryar wrote:
atran35 wrote:

Butler is a free agent.

Minter is better than Teo. Go watch LSU vs Bama and rewatch Notre Dame vs Bama. Minter is a much better lb. It's not really even close.

Am I picking up a hint of homerism here

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Does any these names excite you ?

Mettenberger - No
McCarron - No
Bo Wallace - No
Tyler Russell - No
Driskell - No
Murray - He has potential
Mariota - No
Tahj Boyd - No
Carr - No

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT
Am I picking up a hint of homerism here[/quote]

Nope. Mosely is better than Teo also but he isn't coming out.
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
CT

I do like Mosely. I havnt watched Minter enough to have an opinion on him. Do either Mosely oor Minter fit the RKG thing we have been trying here?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT Cowboy Fan wrote:

I don't think you understand, SOLB is easily the least valuable position in a base 4-3 defense. It'd be like drafting a nickel corner or slot receiver in the 1st. Teo doesn't strike me as a 2-down, dirty-work type of player, anyway.

If we're doubting Lee and Carter's ability to be healthy then that's another thing, but for now, they're two of the five best assets for the future of this team, and if we're looking for insurance it best not be in the form of a first round draft pick.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
CT Cowboy Fan wrote:

I don't think you understand, SOLB is easily the least valuable position in a base 4-3 defense. It'd be like drafting a nickel corner or slot receiver in the 1st. Teo doesn't strike me as a 2-down, dirty-work type of player, anyway.

If we're doubting Lee and Carter's ability to be healthy then that's another thing, but for now they're two of the five best assets for the future of this team and if we're looking for insurance it best not be in the form of a first round draft pick.

No I totally understand. What I was getting at was that we could play any of our LBs on 3rd down. A simple nickel rotation, Teo might come out this series, then Lee thee next an so on. And if Lee or Carter couldn't make it through another season Teo would be a 3 down player anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
CT

I do like Mosely. I havnt watched Minter enough to have an opinion on him. Do either Mosely oor Minter fit the RKG thing we have been trying here?

CT both of those guys fit in the rkg mantra. I will admit CT I am not a big rkg kind of guy. I think it's over played.

If Mosely came out I thinkhe would have been the first ilb chosen.
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By no means am I saying I want Teo either. He would be a luxury we couldn't afford. I'm all in for Warmack/Cooper & Floyd movement that's going on around here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so a month or two ago BTB had a post on what games our scouts had gone to and I have been looking for the post for almost an hour now and its driving me insane. Does anyone know what I am referring to or does anyone have all the games the cowboys scouts have attended this year?? PLEASE HELP

ZAX
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emmittsmith22 wrote:
Ok so a month or two ago BTB had a post on what games our scouts had gone to and I have been looking for the post for almost an hour now and its driving me insane. Does anyone know what I am referring to or does anyone have all the games the cowboys scouts have attended this year?? PLEASE HELP

It was posted here some time ago. I have no idea what page though. Laughing

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Tha King

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emmittsmith22 wrote:

Not sure if this was what your talking about.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/12/15/3770342/2012-dallas-scout-tracker
emmittsmith22

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tha King wrote:
emmittsmith22 wrote:

Not sure if this was what your talking about.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/12/15/3770342/2012-dallas-scout-tracker

YES THANK YOU!!!

ZAX

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 55 of 57

Jump to: