Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft/Free Agency Thread II Sparkly Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
htfryar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Blogging The Boys ‏@BloggingTheBoys

Quote:
Someone's off. @RobRang says #Cowboys take NCSU QB Mike Glennon in 1st @Drafttek says they take him in the 5th! NFP says Glennon best QB

CBS Sports, which partners with nfldraftscout.com, has Glennon rated as the 5th best QB, the 52nd best overall prospect and a 2nd rounder. Looks like everyone has a different opinion of him. He is either a 1st, 2nd or 5th rounder, depending on which website you like to believe.

I dunno about you, but I'd absolutely invest a 5th round pick in him.

I definitely would take him in the 5th if he was still there. I do not want him in the 1st or 2nd rounds though. There are much bigger needs than QB for this coming draft.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Blogging The Boys ‏@BloggingTheBoys

Quote:
Someone's off. @RobRang says #Cowboys take NCSU QB Mike Glennon in 1st @Drafttek says they take him in the 5th! NFP says Glennon best QB

CBS Sports, which partners with nfldraftscout.com, has Glennon rated as the 5th best QB, the 52nd best overall prospect and a 2nd rounder. Looks like everyone has a different opinion of him. He is either a 1st, 2nd or 5th rounder, depending on which website you like to believe.

I dunno about you, but I'd absolutely invest a 5th round pick in him.

I definitely would take him in the 5th if he was still there. I do not want him in the 1st or 2nd rounds though. There are much bigger needs than QB for this coming draft.

Agreed. And this is a bad QB draft to begin with. QBs who would (and probably should) be drafted in lower rounds in years with better talent at the position will be pulled up to higher rounds due to the lack of other viable candidates at the position. I'd rather not reach on a guy when the value isn't there.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
htfryar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder where Tyler Wilson will go? He has 1st round talent but kinda got screwed in the whole Booby Petrino scandal.

Homer Simpson wrote:
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
I wonder where Tyler Wilson will go? He has 1st round talent but kinda got screwed in the whole Booby Petrino scandal.

I think he goes top 10, to be honest. I can see KC, JAX, and AZ taking good hard looks at him. Heck, if he falls to 18, I'd want us to take a good hard look at him.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
htfryar wrote:

I think he goes top 10, to be honest. I can see KC, JAX, and AZ taking good hard looks at him. Heck, if he falls to 18, I'd want us to take a good hard look at him.

I've been following the draft long enough by now to know that a quarterback's projection in January is completely meaningless. Especially for a guy like Wilson.

We need to wait for the Senior Bowl to have any kind of real gauge about his draft value. A big Senior Bowl and he could skyrocket. If he struggles, he could fall hard.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
htfryar wrote:

I've been following the draft long enough by now to know that a quarterback's projection in January is completely meaningless. Especially for a guy like Wilson.

We need to wait for the Senior Bowl to have any kind of real gauge about his draft value. A big Senior Bowl and he could skyrocket. If he struggles, he could fall hard.

This.

Not to mention we need to see what happens in free agency, If Reid takes Vick to KC, and Tebow ends up in Jacksonville then the entire draft would be shook up. I agree QB isnt the number 1 need for the Cowboys, but we have to draft to our board and if we dont extend Romo and Wilson and G. Smith is on the board at 18, we absolutely have to take every second of that 10 minutes to decide whether or not to take one of those guys, Or if Nassib or Glennon is there when we draft in the 2nd round we have to look at those guys too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we go 4-3 how would this change the draft? Draft more DEs?
htfryar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:

We would need at least 1 DE and 1 or 2 OLB's. Assuming Spencer leaves, we would only have Ware, Albright and Crawford at DE. Assuming Lee and Connor would be the MLB's with Carter at WOLB, that leaves us Kyle Wilber and Victor Butler at SOLB.

I really like Alex Albright and Crawford seems to have a bright future, but I'm not sure I'd want either of them to start at DE opposite Ware. Plus, I'm not at all confident that Wilber or Butler could be a starting caliber SOLB and we'd definitely need someone behind Carter at WOLB.

Homer Simpson wrote:
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
atran35 wrote:

We would need at least 1 DE and 1 or 2 OLB's. Assuming Spencer leaves, we would only have Ware, Albright and Crawford at DE. Assuming Lee and Connor would be the MLB's with Carter at WOLB, that leaves us Kyle Wilber and Victor Butler at SOLB.

I really like Alex Albright and Crawford seems to have a bright future, but I'm not sure I'd want either of them to start at DE opposite Ware. Plus, I'm not at all confident that Wilber or Butler could be a starting caliber SOLB and we'd definitely need someone behind Carter at WOLB.

Butler is a free agent.
htfryar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
htfryar wrote:
atran35 wrote:

Butler is a free agent.

Good. I didn't like him anyway. Now, if we go the 4-3 route, we'd definitely need 2 OLB's and a DE to compete with/backup Crawford.

Homer Simpson wrote:
parker1035

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
htfryar wrote:
atran35 wrote:

Butler is a free agent.

Good. I didn't like him anyway. Now, if we go the 4-3 route, we'd definitely need 2 OLB's and a DE to compete with/backup Crawford.

Assuming Te'o falls hard. He could be our Sam if there is no value for oline or dline.
matt79511

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

parker1035 wrote:
htfryar wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
htfryar wrote:
atran35 wrote:

Butler is a free agent.

Assuming Te'o falls hard. He could be our Sam if there is no value for oline or dline.

It's a pretty poor use of resources to draft a strongside linebacker in the first round, IMO. It's a two-down position that can be filled adequately by any just-a-guy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does the possible switch to a 4-3 increase the likelihood of drafting Sheldon Richardson in the first?

thanks to Joe_is_the_best
Felix=Fast!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J_Rowskee_DC wrote:
So does the possible switch to a 4-3 increase the likelihood of drafting Sheldon Richardson in the first?
I don't think h'll be around and i don't think he is a RKG

Sean Lee leads the NFL in making David Wilson cry.
TVScout

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J_Rowskee_DC wrote:

Oh please not him. Insta-bust just add money.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 54 of 57

Jump to: