Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft/Free Agency Thread II Sparkly Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GeneralDissaray


Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 5357
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
James Hanna is going to be our #2 TE...don't see the need in drafting or signing another top-notch TE


Why because we drafted him in the 6th round, or his impressive 1 catch for the season that guarantees he's the #2 TE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 27406
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
James Hanna is going to be our #2 TE...don't see the need in drafting or signing another top-notch TE


Why because we drafted him in the 6th round, or his impressive 1 catch for the season that guarantees he's the #2 TE?


Because I like him damnit, don't question me Laughing
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6494
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, we cannot have Danny McCray back at safety. Nor can we have Doug Free at RT. I am okay with Livings right now, but we still need to upgrade C, RG, and RT
_________________


Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24009
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random Question, do any of you have ESPN Insider?
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JWingate


Moderator
Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 4745
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Random Question, do any of you have ESPN Insider?

I am ESPN insider..
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24009
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Random Question, do any of you have ESPN Insider?

I am ESPN insider..


Sweet. I will be harassing you about something in the next coming day or two. Expect a PM.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JWingate


Moderator
Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 4745
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
JWingate wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Random Question, do any of you have ESPN Insider?

I am ESPN insider..


Sweet. I will be harassing you about something in the next coming day or two. Expect a PM.

Oh...I don't have it, just simply stating facts..
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6494
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Random Question, do any of you have ESPN Insider?


Yeah, I got you TO7
_________________


Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeneralDissaray


Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 5357
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
James Hanna is going to be our #2 TE...don't see the need in drafting or signing another top-notch TE


Why because we drafted him in the 6th round, or his impressive 1 catch for the season that guarantees he's the #2 TE?


Because I like him damnit, don't question me Laughing


I like having him in Madden. I run a heavy set with 3 TE, and Murray at back. Block on the left with Phillips. Block with Murray. Do an out for Witten, and send Hanna on a go. Usually get a MLB on him, and he beats em. Only problem is he only catches it about 50% of the time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
atran35


Joined: 22 Dec 2007
Posts: 2857
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutting DOUG FREE would result in 13 million dead money???????? We need to move him to GUARD and draft a Tackle in the 1st round.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6494
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
Cutting DOUG FREE would result in 13 million dead money???????? We need to move him to GUARD and draft a Tackle in the 1st round.


Where did you read that?
_________________


Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
atran35


Joined: 22 Dec 2007
Posts: 2857
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
atran35 wrote:
Cutting DOUG FREE would result in 13 million dead money???????? We need to move him to GUARD and draft a Tackle in the 1st round.


Where did you read that?



Free is supposed to be a pillar and instead, Romo is just celebrating that Free is no longer on his blindside. At least he can now see the danger that is headed his way with Free at right tackle. He has regressed to a point where keeping him around to see years 3 and 4 of his 4-year contract signed last July seems to be a bit of a stretch - although the cap hit to releasing him this spring would be nearly $13m in dead money, making that a bit of a hard pill to swallow, too.

Source: http://sturminator.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6494
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
atran35 wrote:
Cutting DOUG FREE would result in 13 million dead money???????? We need to move him to GUARD and draft a Tackle in the 1st round.


Where did you read that?



Free is supposed to be a pillar and instead, Romo is just celebrating that Free is no longer on his blindside. At least he can now see the danger that is headed his way with Free at right tackle. He has regressed to a point where keeping him around to see years 3 and 4 of his 4-year contract signed last July seems to be a bit of a stretch - although the cap hit to releasing him this spring would be nearly $13m in dead money, making that a bit of a hard pill to swallow, too.

Source: http://sturminator.blogspot.com/


Hmm...interesting. Didn't know about the dead money thing. What I found sort of upsetting is that Bryan Broaddus was tweeting about how he didn't think Free could play inside
_________________


Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tha King


Joined: 23 Feb 2011
Posts: 4082
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need power to be a Guard,Free has none.
_________________
Quote:
Uguu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DKDALfan


Joined: 18 Mar 2011
Posts: 2410
Location: Denmark
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
Cutting DOUG FREE would result in 13 million dead money???????? We need to move him to GUARD and draft a Tackle in the 1st round.


I don't think that Free suites at guard at all. Not as much strength as you would like, too tall which could cause him A LOT of trouble with bull rushes and he doesnt have experience from playing that position.

Would much rather keep him on RT and see if he can bounce back, as we all know he has the talent to do. If he continues to play improved, then good.. that was servicable what he did the 2nd half. If he starts sucking constantly again, then bench him somewhere during the last game to let him know "hey, you better get your act together for next season, or else.."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 33 of 57

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group