Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft/Free Agency Thread II Sparkly Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you think Johnathan Hankins will be taken? seen some guys mocking him to us when picking in the 9-10 range.. Personally, I doubt he will last longer then somewhere in between 6-8 and he could go a bit earlier. I think Letoulelei should be a lock to be taken in the top 3.

And what about Marcus Lattimore? Personally, the earliest I could see him be taken is the 4th round but more likely in the 5th-early 7th range. Those injuries simply just worries me. His lack of breakaway speed does that I don't think that teams sees him as a prospect that you simply have to gamble on in the 3rd. especially with the value HB's has gotten in the draft lately..
I would love if we could get this guy. He will be a great weapon when controling the clock when in the lead and dangerous in short yardage situations. He will also take a lot of Murrays carries away and prevent him from having a Marion Barber type of career.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
Where do you think Johnathan Hankins will be taken? seen some guys mocking him to us when picking in the 9-10 range.. Personally, I doubt he will last longer then somewhere in between 6-8 and he could go a bit earlier. I think Letoulelei should be a lock to be taken in the top 3.

And what about Marcus Lattimore? Personally, the earliest I could see him be taken is the 4th round but more likely in the 5th-early 7th range. Those injuries simply just worries me. His lack of breakaway speed does that I don't think that teams sees him as a prospect that you simply have to gamble on in the 3rd. especially with the value HB's has gotten in the draft lately..
I would love if we could get this guy. He will be a great weapon when controling the clock when in the lead and dangerous in short yardage situations. He will also take a lot of Murrays carries away and prevent him from having a Marion Barber type of career.

Depends on who else declares for Hankins. If the class is really deep, he could slip because teams won't mind waiting a round to pick up a slightly lesser player if they can get someone else at another position

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:

Depends on who else declares for Hankins. If the class is really deep, he could slip because teams won't mind waiting a round to pick up a slightly lesser player if they can get someone else at another position

This is pretty much my view. I use Mark Barron as an example. Great player - who would have in no way shape nor form gone in the top 10 had he declared in this class. But low talent in a position forces a player up. Whereas if there is a wealth of talent in a position, ones individual value isn't bumped up.

I honestly don't know if Lattimore will ever be the same. I would look at him in rounds 5-7 - much like you. But if I was drafting he would be a 7th rounder.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:

Hankins is really more of a 4-3 DT, though. John Jenkins is the only high round 3-4 NT worth selecting.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:

Hankins is really more of a 4-3 DT, though. John Jenkins is the only high round 3-4 NT worth selecting.

We disagree. I think Nix would be a fantastic NT in the 3-4.

In Redball I Trust!
TVScout

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the DL it might be a better idea to wait and pick Abry Jones in the 3rd.
JWingate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal Information

Name: Cooper, Jonathan
Position: Offensive Guard
College: North Carolina
Class: Senior
Height: 6'3
Weight: 295

Position Skills

Footwork: Above Average

He has very good footwork, with the ability to get into his stance quite quickly.

Initial Quickness: Great

This guy has quickness to burn, everything about him is quick. I just feel bad for his lady.

Strength: Average

Just what it says, he has average strength for the position. He is no JWingate when it comes to strength.

Run Block/In-Line: Average

He isn't a bad run blocker, but I wouldn't say he excels in it either.

Run Block/Space: Average

He isn't a bad run blocker, but I wouldn't say he excels in it either.

Pass Protection: Great

He is very good in Pass Pro, I don't believe I saw him allow someone past him. He is much more polished than most NFL prospects, even more so than David DeCastro.

Punch/Hand Use: Great

Uses his hands and punch very well, has vines for arms.

Vs Power Rush: Above Average

Mostly what he sees being a offensive guard and he takes care of it well, especially in the passing game.

Vs Speed Rush: Above Average

More of a guess because of his athletic ability.

Errors: Average

Not perfect, but doesn't make too many mistakes.

Overview

Strength:

Jonathan Cooper is a very special athlete, he is very athletic especially for the position he plays. Cooper has good hand use, once he gets his jungle arms on you, he doesn't let go and you wonít go anywhere. Very good in pass protection, doesn't allow anyone pass him in the passing game. The one problem I found was he got off the ball late, but it seemed to be a miss-communication through the center and the QB because the rest of the OL got off late as well, but he was able to handle his man regardless of the initial push back. He also has a tenacity when blocking.

Weakness:

The only weakness I find in Cooper is that he isn't very stout in the run game, he walls off defenders instead of powering through his blocks. That style of blocking I personally am not a fan of but if it works it works. With this style he whiffs more than necessary, but with adequate teaching I am sure his problems could be fixed.

Overall:

I think this guy is going to be very special. I wouldn't put him on the same page as other OGís that I like because he isn't the complete package, but for the system the Cowboys are shifting towards I would say he fits best. Imagine Tyron Smith but at Offensive Guard, there you go, you have Jonathan Cooper. The man is going to fit in very well in the ZBS with some team and I truly hope that it is the Dallas Cowboys since we are moving in that direction. I wish, I could compare him to another offensive guard but I canít. This guy could be our next Larry Allen, no he isn't the same overall package but I could see this guy being able to play every position on the OL at and NFL caliber. I wish I could put Barrett Jones and Jonathan Cooper on the same offensive line, because that line would be deadly.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:

Overall:

I think this guy is going to be very special. I wouldn't put him on the same page as other OGís that I like because he isn't the complete package, but for the system the Cowboys are shifting towards I would say he fits best. Imagine Tyron Smith but at Offensive Guard, there you go, you have Jonathan Cooper. The man is going to fit in very well in the ZBS with some team and I truly hope that it is the Dallas Cowboys since we are moving in that direction. I wish, I could compare him to another offensive guard but I canít. This guy could be our next Larry Allen, no he isn't the same overall package but I could see this guy being able to play every position on the OL at and NFL caliber. I wish I could put Barrett Jones and Jonathan Cooper on the same offensive line, because that line would be deadly.

This is pretty much my view. I don't think he is the best OG prospect. I think he is the best OG prospect for us. Imagine the athleticism of the left side with Smith and Cooper. Wow.

I also disagree with you in terms of run blocking in space. I tend to think he does a very good job in getting to the second level and creating a hole. I do agree with the criticism of strength and his is not a mauler like the 90's line was.

In Redball I Trust!
JWingate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Overall:

This is pretty much my view. I don't think he is the best OG prospect. I think he is the best OG prospect for us. Imagine the athleticism of the left side with Smith and Cooper. Wow.

I also disagree with you in terms of run blocking in space. I tend to think he does a very good job in getting to the second level and creating a hole. I do agree with the criticism of strength and his is not a mauler like the 90's line was.

He is either good or bad. He will lunge in space to make plays on the defender at times and not even effect the man. I know he has the ability to be a very good run blocker, he just isn't consistent enough more me to give him the grade as of now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:

He is more of a 4-3 DT, but he has played 5-tech and 0-tech successfully in some of the YouTube videos I have seen of him. That is about as good as I get in terms of tape Laughing

As TO7 mentioned, Louis Nix is a fantastic player too, who I happen to think is better than Jenkins (though not by much) should he declare

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

General drafting questions.

Would you take a project player with a premium pick?

Would you take a player who you know - do to illness or injury concerns - will have a very limited playing career (say under 5 years) but will be an exceptional player during that time, with a premium pick?

In Redball I Trust!
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Would you take a player who you know - do to illness or injury concerns - will have a very limited playing career (say under 5 years) but will be an exceptional player during that time, with a premium pick?

I'd say no to both

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

I wouldn't

^^^mack
StarStillWining

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want the whole Alabama o line they remind me of 90s cowboys line dominance!
NYDC4life

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to thank all of you guys who give an old guys like me, a clue on prospects in the NFL drafts.

My two prospects as of right now, I would love is.

1. Sheldon Richardson
2. Barrett Jones

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 31 of 57

Jump to: