Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft/Free Agency Thread II Sparkly Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Or if we get lucky, Louis Nix III. Though I doubt he declares. Another option is a quarterback to groom for when Romo is gone (Wilson, Barkley)

I don't mind going QB, but only if it's someone you feel confident can become a Franchise QB for the next 10 years. I'm not interested in a Brady Quinn / Matt Leinart

Well I don't think anybody is interested in that kind of player. But let's be honest here, a lot of people did think that they would be franchise quarterbacks.

I still think that Barkley is the best QB in the draft. I know that nobody agrees with me. He obviously needs protection to succeed, but I feel more comfortable about him than any other USC QB in the past.

More than Palmer?

Sig courtesy of mack.
Tha King

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do the draft guys in here think of Tajh Boyd?
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Or if we get lucky, Louis Nix III. Though I doubt he declares. Another option is a quarterback to groom for when Romo is gone (Wilson, Barkley)

I don't mind going QB, but only if it's someone you feel confident can become a Franchise QB for the next 10 years. I'm not interested in a Brady Quinn / Matt Leinart

Well I don't think anybody is interested in that kind of player. But let's be honest here, a lot of people did think that they would be franchise quarterbacks.

I still think that Barkley is the best QB in the draft. I know that nobody agrees with me. He obviously needs protection to succeed, but I feel more comfortable about him than any other USC QB in the past.

More than Palmer?

Meant to write since Palmer. But to be honest, I don't remember how he was as a prospect because he was drafted when I was 10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal Information

Name: Zac Dysert
Position: Quarterback
College: Miami (OH)
Class: Senior (RS)
Height: 6'4*
Weight: 228*

*According to Miami's official website

Position Skills

Technique: Above Average

Displays a smooth, 3/4 release that is compact and quick. Footwork can be a bit shaky in the pocket, but solid on bootlegs and rollouts. Gets his shoulders squared up when moving out of the pocket. Keeps his eyes downfield at all times. But there is room for improvement. Want to see more bounce in his step in the pocket, too flat footed.

Arm Strength: Above Average

Able to make all the necessary throws, but he won't set the world on fire like a Joe Flacco kind of guy. Shows the ability to hit 15 to 20 yard out routes with ease. Generally speaking, he zips the ball and doesn't put any added air underneath it.

Pass Percentage: Above Average

Currently completing about 63% of his passes. Completed about 66% the year before. Not always on the same page as receivers. Additionally, his receivers dropped quite a few passes in the game against Ohio State.

2nd Lives: Great

Very tough to bring down in the pocket. Reminds me a lot of Tony Romo in regards to escaping pressure. Can contort his body and make defenders miss. A good athlete who also played basketball at Eastern Baptist. Can outrun a lot of defensive linemen. But best part to his game is his trickiness in the pocket. Only downside is his inability to recognize pressure at all times ala Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

Accuracy/Short/In Pocket: Above Average

Can pick his spots in the short to intermediate game. Struggles a bit when his footwork gets sloppy, though. When under pressure, he under throws his receivers in the flats. Shows ability to hit receivers in stride on drag and slant routes. Dysert hits more than he misses.

Accuracy/Long/In Pocket: Average

Shows the ability to hit deep back shoulder routes. Airs it out a little too much on deep, deep passes. On go routes, he sometimes gives defensive backs a chance to make up ground and make a play on a ball thrown to the wrong shoulder. Able to hit receivers in stride going long. Beat the defensive backs of Ohio State a couple of times this year. Needs to get more consistent on touch, but the ability is there.

Accuracy/On Move: Great

Dysert is phenomenal on the move. Able to square up shoulders and make accurate throws rolling either way. Very comfortable when moving outside of the pocket. Almost more comfortable throwing on the run than in the pocket. Good footwork when rolling out. One of the stronger aspects of Dysert's game.

Big Play: Average

Due to his lack of elite arm strength, he won't be a huge play threat on every down. He can make plays with his arm or his legs. Able to hit his receivers in stride and allows them to do the rest.

Under Pressure: Below Average/Average

Sometimes tries to do a bit too much when under duress. Footwork becomes an issue when pressured. Often able to escape pressure, but makes poor decisions afterwards. Against Ohio State, took a stupid intentional grounding penalty, and tried to throw the football when wrapped up. Needs to learn to take sacks and be more careful with the football.

Leadership/Poise: Above Average

For the most part, does a good job of controlling his offense. Has a short memory and moves on after making mistakes. Has quite a few miscues with his receivers, so that is cause for concern. From what I have read, he is a good leader. Wants to become a coach one day, so he knows how to handle people.

Reading Defense: Average

Able to point out mismatches and locate blitzers. Changes plays at the line of scrimmage. Makes pre-snap reads, but locks onto his receivers from time to time. Want to see him go through his progressions before deciding on his target. Once play has started, tends to forget about his blindside on occasion.

Errors: Below Average/Average

My main concern with Dysert is that he will not take care of the football. He makes poor decisions and will need to learn that a sack is better than a risky pass. Tries to do everything himself and tries to do too much in general.

[size=18Overview[/size]

Strength:

I will say that Dysert's biggest strength is his ability to move outside of the pocket and extend plays. He is an athletic, tough player who will do anything to win. I also like that he can throw very well on the run. I think he has a lot of potential, as most of his weaknesses are coachable and common problems for young quarterbacks. Dysert could very well end up being the best quarterback from this draft class.

Weakness:

My least favorite part about Dyert's game is his decision making. As a quarterback, he needs to be aware that he needs to protect the ball at all costs. If that means taking a 12 yard sack, then so be it. Additionally, he needs to improve his overall footwork inside the pocket. He is too flat footed, and needs to add some bounce to his step. If he does that, he will be all the more dangerous moving around and out of the pocket.

Overall:

When I look at Dysert, I see a player that is very similar to Tony Romo. He has an above average arm, and will wow you with his ability to move around the pocket and extend plays. Not too much later, he will make you curse our your TV because he makes a stupid mistake. I think that if he can break into the NFL earlier than Romo did, he can have a better career. I think that a lot of his flaws are due to being raw, and he should have time to correct his footwork over time. The only thing that can hold Dysert back is himself.

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tha King wrote:

I try not to think about him because he isn't any good. He can't even stand out as a QB in a pathetic ACC conference, which speaks volumes about how limited his potential is.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Tha King wrote:

I try not to think about him because he isn't any good. He can't even stand out as a QB in a pathetic ACC conference, which speaks volumes about how limited his potential is.

I disagree about the bolded part. I don't think that him not standing out has anything to do with potential. In fact, the only reason he would be highly rated is based on potential. He is raw, but has tools and is athletic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dumb question...how do you pronounce Dysert?

^^^mack
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

DYE-sert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised there is so little talk of signing OC Max Unger.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShineOnStar wrote:

That is because he is signed through 2016

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

DYE-sert

Gotcha.

^^^mack
JWingate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Tha King wrote:

I have not watched Tajh Boyd play but I do like Teddy Bridgewater, which is who I actually thought you were talking about haha. Bridgewater could be more NFL ready than what RGIII is.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
ShineOnStar wrote:

WHY THE WEBBERNET NOT TELL ME THIS
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShineOnStar wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
ShineOnStar wrote:

Hahah, I literally just laughed and my roommate asked what was so funny Laughing

According to this, Unger signed a 5 year, $25M extension this year. Pretty reliable site, I know a lot of people around the forums use it for researching salaries and whatnot. But I agree, I would love to have signed Unger in free agency. Good call on that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
ShineOnStar wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
ShineOnStar wrote:

Hahah, I literally just laughed and my roommate asked what was so funny Laughing

According to this, Unger signed a 5 year, $25M extension this year. Pretty reliable site, I know a lot of people around the forums use it for researching salaries and whatnot. But I agree, I would love to have signed Unger in free agency. Good call on that.

Ok thanks! Id looked into it and had seen plenty of people saying the Cowboys should sign him. Probably done before his extension.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 24 of 57

Jump to: