Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft/Free Agency Thread II Sparkly Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Calvert28


Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 16734
Location: Adopt a Player: McGee
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically players with rare ability don't usually work as hard as others because their mediocre effort is better then most players perfect play. And so that's what they stick with, and they just settle and in doing so they plant the seed of mediocre effort and it grows. And after a few years, it becomes habit. And bad habits are extremely hard to break. So when they go to the combine, and try outs they perform well. H/e usually come out with a self entitled attitude. Then when they step onto the NFL field, reality hits them in the form of 300 pound behemoth named Joe Thomas or a 340 pound Ngata and suddenly they find they have to actually work.

And then they get discouraged, or stick to their self entitled thinking that their mediocre effort and a little more effort in the weightroom that will get them by. Think Jamarcus Russell, then slowly and more often have extra pressure put on them because of media and fans and then stress starts to set in. And more often then not, they decide not to try anymore instead of rising to the expectations. Because they don't know how to work that hard, so they don't do it.

So players like this scares me, and I find that sticking to that type of idea until they prove otherwise is a sure way to help with your scouting.
_________________

Sciz wrote:
The sarcastic comments are getting old. We already dislike you. Don't make it worse.
LIES!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6440
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
Typically players with rare ability don't usually work as hard as others because their mediocre effort is better then most players perfect play. And so that's what they stick with, and they just settle and in doing so they plant the seed of mediocre effort and it grows. And after a few years, it becomes habit. And bad habits are extremely hard to break. So when they go to the combine, and try outs they perform well. H/e usually come out with a self entitled attitude. Then when they step onto the NFL field, reality hits them in the form of 300 pound behemoth named Joe Thomas or a 340 pound Ngata and suddenly they find they have to actually work.

And then they get discouraged, or stick to their self entitled thinking that their mediocre effort and a little more effort in the weightroom that will get them by. Think Jamarcus Russell, then slowly and more often have extra pressure put on them because of media and fans and then stress starts to set in. And more often then not, they decide not to try anymore instead of rising to the expectations. Because they don't know how to work that hard, so they don't do it.

So players like this scares me, and I find that sticking to that type of idea until they prove otherwise is a sure way to help with your scouting.


And what if he is like Julius Peppers? Dedicated to his craft and helping his football team win? I just think its unfair to him to label him as a guy who doesn't care or is lazy just because he is so dominant athletically.
_________________


Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calvert28


Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 16734
Location: Adopt a Player: McGee
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Calvert28 wrote:
Typically players with rare ability don't usually work as hard as others because their mediocre effort is better then most players perfect play. And so that's what they stick with, and they just settle and in doing so they plant the seed of mediocre effort and it grows. And after a few years, it becomes habit. And bad habits are extremely hard to break. So when they go to the combine, and try outs they perform well. H/e usually come out with a self entitled attitude. Then when they step onto the NFL field, reality hits them in the form of 300 pound behemoth named Joe Thomas or a 340 pound Ngata and suddenly they find they have to actually work.

And then they get discouraged, or stick to their self entitled thinking that their mediocre effort and a little more effort in the weightroom that will get them by. Think Jamarcus Russell, then slowly and more often have extra pressure put on them because of media and fans and then stress starts to set in. And more often then not, they decide not to try anymore instead of rising to the expectations. Because they don't know how to work that hard, so they don't do it.

So players like this scares me, and I find that sticking to that type of idea until they prove otherwise is a sure way to help with your scouting.


And what if he is like Julius Peppers? Dedicated to his craft and helping his football team win? I just think its unfair to him to label him as a guy who doesn't care or is lazy just because he is so dominant athletically.


When did I say it was because of his athletic ability? I said it was because he has shown little to no improvement since last year in his playstyle. Where I see plenty of room for improvement.

Also JP was not that hard of a worker, he has had several question marks regarding his questionable work ethic and more spoken on, his motor during game time.
_________________

Sciz wrote:
The sarcastic comments are getting old. We already dislike you. Don't make it worse.
LIES!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6440
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Calvert28 wrote:
Typically players with rare ability don't usually work as hard as others because their mediocre effort is better then most players perfect play. And so that's what they stick with, and they just settle and in doing so they plant the seed of mediocre effort and it grows. And after a few years, it becomes habit. And bad habits are extremely hard to break. So when they go to the combine, and try outs they perform well. H/e usually come out with a self entitled attitude. Then when they step onto the NFL field, reality hits them in the form of 300 pound behemoth named Joe Thomas or a 340 pound Ngata and suddenly they find they have to actually work.

And then they get discouraged, or stick to their self entitled thinking that their mediocre effort and a little more effort in the weightroom that will get them by. Think Jamarcus Russell, then slowly and more often have extra pressure put on them because of media and fans and then stress starts to set in. And more often then not, they decide not to try anymore instead of rising to the expectations. Because they don't know how to work that hard, so they don't do it.

So players like this scares me, and I find that sticking to that type of idea until they prove otherwise is a sure way to help with your scouting.


And what if he is like Julius Peppers? Dedicated to his craft and helping his football team win? I just think its unfair to him to label him as a guy who doesn't care or is lazy just because he is so dominant athletically.


When did I say it was because of his athletic ability? I said it was because he has shown little to no improvement since last year in his playstyle. Where I see plenty of room for improvement.

Also JP was not that hard of a worker, he has had several question marks regarding his questionable work ethic and more spoken on, his motor during game time.


Ok, now I see where you are coming from. I have seen one clip of him from freshman year, so I can't really talk about improvement or whatever. All I know is that Clowney can flat out play. And he has a funky name.
_________________


Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CowboysTilIDie


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3485
Location: Amarillo, TX
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Don't know if anyone is watching the Tech-WVU game, but Jace Amaro is a guy to keep on the radar, not this year as he is only a sophomore, but next year. He's in the Jimmy Graham type mold. Not a great blocker, but can catch and run like a mofro.


How is he in the Jimmy Graham mold? Do you know any info on him


Physically, they are both tall and lean (although Graham is 6'7'' to Amaro's 6'5''). They can both run REALLY well for their size and are merely adequate blockers at best. Amaro is only a true sophomore and was the top ranked TE coming out of high school in his class. Why he chose TTU, I have no idea. They are both extremely athletic and able to go up and get the ball. Just watch out for him.
_________________

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6440
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Don't know if anyone is watching the Tech-WVU game, but Jace Amaro is a guy to keep on the radar, not this year as he is only a sophomore, but next year. He's in the Jimmy Graham type mold. Not a great blocker, but can catch and run like a mofro.


How is he in the Jimmy Graham mold? Do you know any info on him


Physically, they are both tall and lean (although Graham is 6'7'' to Amaro's 6'5''). They can both run REALLY well for their size and are merely adequate blockers at best. Amaro is only a true sophomore and was the top ranked TE coming out of high school in his class. Why he chose TTU, I have no idea. They are both extremely athletic and able to go up and get the ball. Just watch out for him.


Top TE? You sure? Wasn't that the year with Nick O'Leary and Austin Seferian-Jenkins?
_________________


Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CowboysTilIDie


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3485
Location: Amarillo, TX
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Don't know if anyone is watching the Tech-WVU game, but Jace Amaro is a guy to keep on the radar, not this year as he is only a sophomore, but next year. He's in the Jimmy Graham type mold. Not a great blocker, but can catch and run like a mofro.


How is he in the Jimmy Graham mold? Do you know any info on him


Physically, they are both tall and lean (although Graham is 6'7'' to Amaro's 6'5''). They can both run REALLY well for their size and are merely adequate blockers at best. Amaro is only a true sophomore and was the top ranked TE coming out of high school in his class. Why he chose TTU, I have no idea. They are both extremely athletic and able to go up and get the ball. Just watch out for him.


Top TE? You sure? Wasn't that the year with Nick O'Leary and Austin Seferian-Jenkins?


You are indeed correct sir. My mistake. He was the #3 overall and the #1 in the state of Texas.

EDIT: Also, Rivals.com had him rated as the Tight End with the best hands of the class and as the 2nd fastest TE of the class.
_________________

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6440
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



Personal Information

Name: Dion Jordan
Position: Defensive End
College: Oregon
Class: Senior
Height: 6'7
Weight: 243

Position Skills

Read/React: Average

Jordan is not a naturally instinctive player, and he sometimes breaks into the backfield without locating the ball first. Is still very raw. A quick twitch athlete, but needs to work more on locating the ball and reading plays.

Initial Quickness: Great

One of Jordan's strong suits is that he is an exceptional athlete. Has a quick first step, and can easily gain the edge against athletic tackles. Will be interesting to see if he can add 10-20 pounds without losing any quickness.

Strength: Average

Despite his lean frame, Jordan possesses natural strength and pad level. Has the frame that can add strength. Needs to get stronger in his lower body, so he can get low and add a bull rush. Converts speed to power.

Use of Hands: Below Average/Average

Still raw and hasn't really learned how to use his hands properly yet. However, he does flash active, quick, and violent hands. More experience needed, and needs to learn better hand placement.

Block Shedding: Above Average

Jordan does a good job of using his long arms to his advantage. Locks out his arms to gain separation and shed blocks against the run. Able to disengage from blockers and make plays in the backfield.

Strength Vs. Run: Average

Plays with good leverage against the run, but will not hold up at the next level if he does not add more muscle to his fairly lean frame. Sets the edge by utilizing a quick, explosive first step. If he gets a little to upright, he is easy to knock off balance.

Pursuit/Range: Great

A great athlete, Jordan is great pursuing the ball carrier. Possesses a good motor and, combined with his natural athleticism, can track down ball carriers thirty yards downfield. Very, very gifted in this department.

Tackling: Above Average

Nothing special, but he is a solid wrap up tackler. Not a freight train by any means. Possesses good range, closing speed, and focuses on wrapping up more than taking someone's head off. Reliable enough in open space.

Closing Burst: Above Average

Jordan has very long arms, which help him close in on quarterbacks. Able to get his outside arm free and is strong enough to bring the quarterback with him as he comes around. Good athlete plus motor and long arms equals good closing burst. Very close to a "great" rating.

Zone Coverage: Above Average

Jordan has plenty of experience playing in a two point stance at Oregon. Athletic enough to drop into coverage and has plenty of experience. Able to get into passing lanes and shadow running backs in the flats. Long arms and height can give quarterbacks problems.

Man Coverage: Average

Able to hang around with tight ends and running backs. A quick twitch athlete with fluid hips. Can turn and run with guys, and his long arms help him a lot in this department. Better suited for zone coverage, however. Technique still needs work, and can't get by on athleticism alone at the next level.

Power Rush: Average

Jordan has the ability to convert his speed into power. Plays with pretty good leverage, and can occasionally knock opposing linemen off balance. Would like to see him establish a good bull rush, which could be deadly given his ability to get low and throw his long arms up into you. Tons of potential.

Speed Rush: Above Average

Right now, Jordan's speed rush ability is slightly above average. But he has potential to be one of the best if he learns from the right people. Uses his arms to set up an outside rush. Usually able to fly by tackles. But the sky is the limit for Jordan as a speed rusher.

Errors: Great

As far as I know, doesn't commit too many stupid penalties. Has his head on straight, but isn't afraid to get into it. Could be a little more careful about jumping offsides.

Overview

Strength:

Jordan's biggest strength right now is his athleticism and his potential. He is very versatile, and can play outside in a 3-4, or with his hand in the dirt in a 4-3. He is athletic enough and confident enough to play both positions well. Potential is through the roof with Jordan, which could really elevate his draft stock.

Weakness:

I want to see Jordan gain 20 pounds of muscle without losing any athleticism. He needs to get stronger and more experienced. Read and react is another issue for Jordan, but hopefully, he improves with more experience. His biggest issue as a pass rusher is hand usage. His hands are active, but he needs to learn what he is doing with them.

Overall:

Dion Jordan is a player that I would love to grab in the second round if he is available. He has so much potential. I would love to see him learning from Demarcus Ware and Rob Ryan. If we were to lose Anthony Spencer in free agency, Jordan could come in and make sure we don't feel the loss in coverage or the running game. While he is no stud against the run, he can for sure hold his own.
_________________


Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 23844
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DO YOU SEE WHY I WANT Sharrif Floyd?! ST play AND a penetrating DL?!
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
textaz03


Moderator
Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Posts: 11131
Location: Land of the Jersey Devil!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you done a profile on Ziggy Ansah of BYU?

Watching the BYU / Notre Dame game, he looks to be a very good edge rusher. Mayock is very high on him and he even mentioned during the game that he profiled him to 3 NFL teams today who called about him.

Looks to be a 2nd round prospect maybe a late first if he continues well.
_________________




"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Calvert28


Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 16734
Location: Adopt a Player: McGee
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Have you done a profile on Ziggy Ansah of BYU?

Watching the BYU / Notre Dame game, he looks to be a very good edge rusher. Mayock is very high on him and he even mentioned during the game that he profiled him to 3 NFL teams today who called about him.

Looks to be a 2nd round prospect maybe a late first if he continues well.


I think he's too raw to be 2nd rounder. But who knows, teams may be willing to take that chance. I said this in another thread. But if he were to bulk up, he reminds me of a Watt type player 34 end. Or a one gap tackle. I think he is more valuable and better in those positions then as a 43 End.
_________________

Sciz wrote:
The sarcastic comments are getting old. We already dislike you. Don't make it worse.
LIES!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 23844
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His throwing motion is awful - but I def want Collin Klein on this team.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6440
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Have you done a profile on Ziggy Ansah of BYU?

Watching the BYU / Notre Dame game, he looks to be a very good edge rusher. Mayock is very high on him and he even mentioned during the game that he profiled him to 3 NFL teams today who called about him.

Looks to be a 2nd round prospect maybe a late first if he continues well.


He goes to BYU, so is he like 26 years old?
_________________


Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JWingate


Moderator
Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 4731
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



Personal Information

Name: Ware, DeMarcus
Position: Outside Linebacker
College: Troy
Age: 30 (7/31/82)
Height: 64
Weight: 254 lbs

Scouting Ratings

- Rare Qualities (few reach this aspect outside of size) (9)
- Great (few reach outside of size) (8.5)
- Exceptional (8]
- Excellent (7.5)
- Outstanding (7)
- Very Good (6.5)
- Good/Solid (6)
- Very Inconsistent (has ability to be good) (5.5)
- Adequate (5)
- Marginal (4 - 4.9)
- Poor (3 - 3.9)
- Very Poor (2 - 2.9)
- Not Good Enough For NFL Considerations (0 - 1.9)

Position Skills

Read/React: Very Good

Lets be honest, Ware knows what is happening before the Offensive Coordinator does. This guy is very good at pre-reading offenses but also is very good at reading the play as it plays out. For example, he will be in a full on pass rush then see a HB going into the flats he will break his rush to cover the HB.

Initial Quickness: Exceptional

We have all seen it, he gets off the snap literally at the snap of the ball and he gets called for off-sides, that is how great of a first step he has. If you slow down the tape he is perfect with the snap of the ball.

Strength: Outstanding

This guy is stronger than a lot of Offensive Lineman. I consider leverage as strength as well.

Tackling: Very Good

You don't break a tackle against DeMarcus Ware, plain and simple.

Block Shedding: Outstanding

Ware, sheds blocks like Matts throws midgets.

Strength vs Run: Outstanding

Is very strong against the run, I would argue the best in the NFL at his position.

Pursuit/Range: Very Good

Is a sideline to sideline player who takes very good angles to make plays.

Closing Burst: Excellent

Closes on a player on a dime

Zone Coverage: Very Good

Very good in zone coverage, normally a QB will look the other way when he is in coverage

Man Coverage: Good/Solid

Good, but more likely get thrown on while in man-to-man coverage.

Power Rush: Outstanding

Makes a man look like a girl their first time ice skating when bull rushing.

Speed Rush: Outstanding

Mostly this is how he is able to get his sacks by running around the LT/RT and a quick bend of the hips to get the to QB.

Errors: Very Good

Does not make errors.

Overview

Strength:

DeMarcus Ware has multiple strengths. He is great against the run, he is also very good Pass rusher and cover LBer. I can recall seeing him bend in such a way that he was able to turn 90 degrees to get away from the OT then sack the QB. This guy is ridiculous and is going to go down as one of the best OLBers to ever play the game along with pass rusher, if not the greatest.

Weakness

I would say he has 1 weakness which would be man coverage while he is still excellent in it he doesn't excel in it like his other attributes.

Overall:

This guy is a BEAST. Like I have said before, he will go down as one of the greatest if not greatest OLBers and pass rushers of all time. He is a 1st ballot hall of famer and is such a great character guy on and off the field. Everyone should appreciate the talent we have in him as he is 1 in a million.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JWingate


Moderator
Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 4731
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
His throwing motion is awful - but I def want Collin Klein on this team.

His throwing motion is quick and compact, even though it is a little quirky like say Philip Rivers, it won't cause him to not translate into a NFL quality QB. The biggest thing he needs to work on is being a passer first.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 14 of 57

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group