Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What can be done about the OL?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: What can be done about the OL? Reply with quote

Tyron Smith is here to stay, along with Livings and probably Doug Free. So that leaves center and our newly signed Mackenzy Bernadeau. What can be done about the OL if it continues to be terribly bad this season?

My choice if it doesn't get better is for Jerry to use a 1ST on the OL. Cook and Costa aren't the answer at C, and I can't believe in this Bernadeau guy.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Ace5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What can be done about the OL? Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
Tyron Smith is here to stay, along with Livings and probably Doug Free. So that leaves center and our newly signed Mackenzy Bernadeau. What can be done about the OL if it continues to be terribly bad this season?

My choice if it doesn't get better is for Jerry to use a 1ST on the OL. Cook and Costa aren't the answer at C, and I can't believe in this Bernadeau guy.

Most people can see this. Many sheeple can see this. Can Jerry/will Jerry? Can Stephen convince him to shoot a papa john's commercial on draft day? Will Stephen choose an O-lineman? Can they even actually pick O-linemen or do they just pick up a draft mag and read the descriptions?

I think the solution lies in finding a way to play without OL at this point. Mass confusion jailbreak style plays.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What can be done about the OL? Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:

DCOA, I've got this for you...

Tony7188, it's time to get off suicide watch. The OL is fine. Perhaps you haven't heard but Bill Callahan is the OL coach and he will fix it. And, Nate Livings, Costa/Cook, and Burninduece are the real thing. They're legit.

So, this is what we are going to do... This upcoming offseason, all of us will do mock drafts where all of us play lip service to improving the OL. But, when Jerry or Jason or Stephen completely ignore the OL once again, we will quickly revert back to saying that the OL was really fine and shame on the people who said otherwise... they're not real cowboys fans.

Same with the DL.

Tony7188

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: What can be done about the OL? Reply with quote

Ace5 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

Most people can see this. Many sheeple can see this. Can Jerry/will Jerry? Can Stephen convince him to shoot a papa john's commercial on draft day? Will Stephen choose an O-lineman? Can they even actually pick O-linemen or do they just pick up a draft mag and read the descriptions?

I think the solution lies in finding a way to play without OL at this point. Mass confusion jailbreak style plays.

I was on my cell phone so I wasn't quite able to go into detail, what I wanted to add was:

It has to be OL. Hopefully they all can see this. I know 3 out of the 5 positions is basically filled. I don't know if most people see it as the biggest need. I know that we need a pass rusher, another NT and probably a safety but this team can't put it off any longer with getting a talented center but let me focus on the entire OL. What's scary to me is that in the back of my head, I don't think there's nothing that can be done. They believe Bernadeau is starting material (probably won't bail on him after giving him a contract in FA), and I don't know if his struggles are effecting Free but it's clear Doug Free isn't playing at the level he's capable of playing... creating another problem at RT

Then you have Tyron growing through pains of his first year at LT with the best pass rushers in the game.

ware94 wrote:
buckwild

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What can be done about the OL? Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

Tony7188, it's time to get off suicide watch. The OL is fine. Perhaps you haven't heard but Bill Callahan is the OL coach and he will fix it. And, Nate Livings, Costa/Cook, and Burninduece are the real thing. They're legit.

So, this is what we are going to do... This upcoming offseason, all of us will do mock drafts where all of us play lip service to improving the OL. But, when Jerry or Jason or Stephen completely ignore the OL once again, we will quickly revert back to saying that the OL was really fine and shame on the people who said otherwise... they're not real cowboys fans.

Same with the DL.

Couldn't have put it better, and actually shocked the DL performance is being overlooked. And 3-4 DE can create pressure on the QB despite what people say at Valley Ranch. They are not just in there to stop the run.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy fix. Draft a couple of mid to late round projects and problem solved. Sit back and watch it happen.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: What can be done about the OL? Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

Same with the DL.

Hilarious. Being apart of the DCRA and it's sarcasm is truly one of a kind Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

ware94 wrote:
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: What can be done about the OL? Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

Same with the DL.

Couldn't have put it better, and actually shocked the DL performance is being overlooked. And 3-4 DE can create pressure on the QB despite what people say at Valley Ranch. They are not just in there to stop the run.

Why do you always show face when the Cowboys lose, but never when they win?

ware94 wrote:
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Easy fix. Draft a couple of mid to late round projects and problem solved. Sit back and watch it happen.

Ugh, everytime I think about that I think of Robert BREWWSTER smh

that pick was so bad I laughed constantly

ware94 wrote:
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Oline gave up 2 sacks, one of which was the end of game in which the obvious passing plays appeared. The rushing avg was aroung 4. They were not the problem. The problem was special teams and careless mistakes. The 5 passes dropped. You cant go to Seattle spot the team 10 pts with Marshawn Lynch. It handicaps you. You're playing into their hands.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
The Oline gave up 2 sacks, one of which was the end of game in which the obvious passing plays appeared. The rushing avg was aroung 4. They were not the problem. The problem was special teams and careless mistakes. The 5 passes dropped. You cant go to Seattle spot the team 10 pts with Marshawn Lynch. It handicaps you. You're playing into their hands.

2 sacks but constant pressure. 3.1 YPC. And let's not forget that Romos int came as he was in the process of being sacked.

But, yeah, not a problem at all.

WareWolf94

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:

2 sacks but constant pressure. 3.1 YPC. And let's not forget that Romos int came as he was in the process of being sacked.

I didnt say it wasnt a problem, I said it wasnt today's problem. The loss is not on them. Its on ST and concentration mistakes. The drops the blown coverages, the turnovers. They dug a hole too deep. And Romo couldnt throw out of it. This wasnt a cupcake assignment for these guys. The loudest stadium in the league with a solid pass rush. The odds were stacked against them since literally the kick of the ball. And if you are going to say Oline is the problem I would refer you to a model franchise who never has an above average OL: The Steelers.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
atran35

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing we can do about the OLINE currently. There are no free agents available that we can pick up. Maybe Montrae Holland but no centers that I've seen...Gurode?

This lost was special teams who gave up 10 points and passes to Witten and Dez which were dropped. No excuses...Seattle was better in all phases today.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:

I didnt say it wasnt a problem, I said it wasnt today's problem. The loss is not on them. Its on ST and concentration mistakes. The drops the blown coverages, the turnovers. They dug a hole too deep. And Romo couldnt throw out of it. This wasnt a cupcake assignment for these guys. The loudest stadium in the league with a solid pass rush. The odds were stacked against them since literally the kick of the ball. And if you are going to say Oline is the problem I would refer you to a model franchise who never has an above average OL: The Steelers.

You mean the franchise with great ownership and great coaching?

So, a team that is disciplined from the top of the organization, to the coaching staff and the players they draft can overcome bad OL play. I wish we had some of that in Dallas. Unfortunately, we have a team that's has mental lapses and concentration mistakes AND a bad OL.

textaz03

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can't be done now, it's to late in the ball game for that.

But it's going to take a better than average Center and a better than average Guard in this next draft! We need to stop trying to fix problems in free agency! You fix problems through the draft and supplement them through free agency!

#BuildThoughTheDraft !

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: