Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Remember what week it is....
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Remember what week it is.... Reply with quote

Week 2.

The season is young and so is this team's identity. Its important not to make a permanent decision on what this 53 is based on 2 games. This is not any other Cowboys team.

We ran into a buzzsaw. That is the fact of the matter. Place the blame anywhere you want, any time you gift wrap 10 points to a team at home, and you'll find it to be hard to get anything going. Now, when that team plays at Century Field, you destroy all your chances.

Call it a rally cry, say I'm making an excuse....Im not ready to pack it in on this team 2 weeks in...Its not fair to them and its not fair to ourselves.

The Patriots dropped their Home opener to the Cardinals today. The first Home Opener loss in Brady's career. Are they packing it in? Yet we are both 1-1. Where is the belief?

We have Tampa and Chicago up next and I see a team who will want to repair the mistakes from this week and redeem themselves. Why? Because I'm giving them a chance, because a lot of you wont even begin to give them that chance.

"Same old Cowboys" My pale white [inappropriate/removed]....

Same old Cowboys Fans more like it.

Start acting like a bunch of Champions who believe and maybe the team will do something special.

Its Week 2.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is post of the month type of quality.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember what week it is.... Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
Week 2.

The season is young and so is this team's identity. Its important not to make a permanent decision on what this 53 is based on 2 games. This is not any other Cowboys team.

We ran into a buzzsaw. That is the fact of the matter. Place the blame anywhere you want, any time you gift wrap 10 points to a team at home, and you'll find it to be hard to get anything going. Now, when that team plays at Century Field, you destroy all your chances.

Call it a rally cry, say I'm making an excuse....Im not ready to pack it in on this team 2 weeks in...Its not fair to them and its not fair to ourselves.

The Patriots dropped their Home opener to the Cardinals today. The first Home Opener loss in Brady's career. Are they packing it in? Yet we are both 1-1. Where is the belief?

We have Tampa and Chicago up next and I see a team who will want to repair the mistakes from this week and redeem themselves. Why? Because I'm giving them a chance, because a lot of you wont even begin to give them that chance.

Start acting like a bunch of Champions who believe and maybe the team will do something special.

Its Week 2.

If the team's performance is based upon the fans attitude, that's pretty pathetic. Didn't overreact to the win week 1, and I won't panic about losing to a team that has an excellent d and a good run game. Our schedule is very difficult this year. Best thing about it though, is that the rest of the division has the same difficult schedule.

On another note, did Mike Jenkins play?
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember what week it is.... Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:
Week 2.

Its Week 2.

If the team's performance is based upon the fans attitude, that's pretty pathetic. Didn't overreact to the win week 1, and I won't panic about losing to a team that has an excellent d and a good run game. Our schedule is very difficult this year. Best thing about it though, is that the rest of the division has the same difficult schedule.

On another note, did Mike Jenkins play?

My point was that it cant be easy playing for fans who KNOW something bad will happen. Its not fair to them or ourselves.

I noticed Jenkins played on ST, but didnt see alot of him on defense. I think they are trying to get his conditioning back. Itll be nice to get him back.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:

Shouldn't even be compared to the Cowboys. The Pats have been revelant and have been very competitive in the playoffs. Brady has SB's and even more then that, we aren't the Patriots.

WareWolf94 wrote:

Agreed but the team looked completely different after a 10 day layoff between games. Century Field is one of the loudest stadiums to play in but it would have been nice to see this team at least be competitive.

WareWolf94 wrote:

This team has let us fans down so many times (not this game in particular but in the past) that they have to go out there and prove that they are different.

WareWolf94 wrote:
Week 2.

Its Week 2

I do agree with this though. It's Week 2 and anything still could happen. The team can come together, get hot and have a Packer/Cardinals like run in the playoffs. The first two weeks does not make a entire NFL season.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Northland

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get too high or low with the Cowboys. I have mellowed with age and when I analyze this team with my head vs. my heart I see a team that is suspect in the trenches. And it is that reason why I just don't see them being successful this year.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
I don't get too high or low with the Cowboys. I have mellowed with age and when I analyze this team with my head vs. my heart I see a team that is suspect in the trenches. And it is that reason why I just don't see them being successful this year.

The offensive line was doing well early in the game. I promise you, if you erase the drops that our receivers had today (namely Witten and Bryant), and things swung in our favor today you would have seen a completely different game.

The fact is, the team did not execute against a good Seattle team on the road. They were able to dictate the game and therefore we struggled. It happens. I don't know why so many are so quick to throw in the towel on the coach, the team and the season just two games into the year.

Last week, we completely dominated the defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants. This week, while on the road, we made some correctable mistakes while playing at Seattle in one of the toughest stadiums for an opposing team to play in. The team played a bad game, it happens, even to eventual Super Bowl winning teams.

We are currently the only team in the division to play a divisional opponent, and as of right now we are 1-0 in that category. After spending the first two weeks of the season on the road, the Cowboys will finally get to play at home next week against Tampa.

Hopefully with more time with the team, we'll see LeQuan Lewis back returning kicks instead of Felix Jones. Hopefully, we'll see the mental lapses from players who normally don't make them disappear. I just hope the injuries to our safeties are nothing serious and both can return at full strength next week. I don't trust Danny McCray starting at safety.

^^^mack
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Northland wrote:

Hopefully with more time with the team, we'll see LeQuan Lewis back returning kicks instead of Felix Jones. Hopefully, we'll see the mental lapses from players who normally don't make them disappear. I just hope the injuries to our safeties are nothing serious and both can return at full strength next week. I don't trust Danny McCray starting at safety.

Me neither. Hopefully Barry Church can play, or maybe RR will try Jenkins which I am uneasy on.

As for LeQuan Lewis, why not Lance Dunbar?

ware94 wrote:
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Northland wrote:

Me neither. Hopefully Barry Church can play, or maybe RR will try Jenkins which I am uneasy on.

I really don't care who...so long as it's anyone but Felix. I don't know why we always seem to wait a year too late to release guys who are clearly not worth keeping on the team anymore.

^^^mack
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Northland wrote:

I really don't care who...so long as it's anyone but Felix. I don't know why we always seem to wait a year too late to release guys who are clearly not worth keeping on the team anymore.

That's what is frustrating me also. We saw Felix Jones decline last couple of years and saw that he wasn't the same back he used to be. We can't ever seem to accept that the guy has lost it in time and release or trade him for a pick

ware94 wrote:
Northland

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will agree somewhat with those who say we can't blame the OL for this loss. After all they were not responsible for the opening kickoff fumble or the special teams blocked punt.

The Cowboys trailed by 6 points at the half. We were in the game. So we come out fired up and have what 3 first downs in the second half? Did the O Line play a role in that? Romo rarely had time to set up and throw. He was constantly scrambling. We had very little push in the run game. What role, if any did the offensive line have in that reality? Is there any truth to the notion that a team's defense will wear down if their offense is consistently going three and out?
buckwild

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a total team loss, and it does no good to point fingers at OL, DL, or any part of the team.

Dont overreact to this loss the same way we shouldn't have overreacted to the win week 1.

I think getting the team to gel before the start of November when the games start to be more crucial is more important to me.

Its week 2 and this is the 1st week OL has actually played together. Chill, people.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
matt79511

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really care if it's Week Two, or who the opponent was, or where the game was played. I can't overlook a game in which practically the entire team just doesn't show up to play.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
I don't really care if it's Week Two, or who the opponent was, or where the game was played. I can't overlook a game in which practically the entire team just doesn't show up to play.

And no one is asking you to.

The problem with this form is that there is no moderation (no, that is not a pun attack on TSSS, Tex, and LR). Everyone is so quick to freak out. Blame Jerry. Blame Redball. Blame everyone. And lose all hope.

This game sucked. We got punched in the mouth and didn't respond. That should frustrate us all. That does not mean we will end up with a top 5 pick. So why freak out like that? [Not saying you are, but some people I have called their mothers to make sure they are not taking a bath with a very sharp blade today]

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

We are currently the only team in the division to play a divisional opponent,

That my friend..... is impossible

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: