Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can the Vikings win 10 games?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baconrad3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
lionslicer wrote:
They'll only win 9 games, but win the super bowl.

People will complain thats not good enough. Laughing

Everyone just expects at the end of the year we will just let Greenbay, Chicago, St. Louis and Houston to just walk all over us. Seems like things haven't changed in the opinion of the many.

I won't guarentee anything, because I'm taking it one game at a time, but I do feel like we can play with any team in this league. Everyone seems to think we'll just get stomped.

Oh well. Hopefully the vikings get win #4 this week.

Go Vikings!

Yeah because everyone just hates the Vikings so much!! Rabble rabble rabble!!

Wow I've never seen someone cry so much about people "hating" on their team...

Nobody is hating on the Vikings. They're off to a good start at 3-1...but sorry if we're not all sold on them as being a legit team. They won 3 games last year....Yes they have won 3 games this year...but the first one you barely escaped the lowly Jags, then lost to the Colts, then beat the 49ers, then beat a pretty bad Detroit team. Your only impressive win has come against San Fran....

As Mossburg said, that SF game looks like an outlier game as of now. The Vikings, in that game, played as well as any team I've seen this year. That happens with teams all the time...good or bad.

Obviously this team is not BAD. But we don't know if it is a legitimately good team yet. This team has been pretty tough to assess so far.

I think that the Vikings are a 6-8 win team that clearly overachieved against the 49ers.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Kellerman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
lionslicer wrote:
They'll only win 9 games, but win the super bowl.

People will complain thats not good enough. Laughing

Everyone just expects at the end of the year we will just let Greenbay, Chicago, St. Louis and Houston to just walk all over us. Seems like things haven't changed in the opinion of the many.

I won't guarentee anything, because I'm taking it one game at a time, but I do feel like we can play with any team in this league. Everyone seems to think we'll just get stomped.

Oh well. Hopefully the vikings get win #4 this week.

Go Vikings!

I think that the Vikings are a 6-8 win team that clearly overachieved against the 49ers.

This. We have a long ways to go yet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:

I think the Vikings are a pretty good matchup for the 49ers, but there was definitely a little overachieving going on.

95% of us Vikings fans agree with you. This is the same team that lost to the Colts (seriously?) and barely beat the Jags. They are young and athletic, but they have a long way to go before they convince anyone they are a 10 win team. Hopefully this is a big 4th win, and the young players continue to gel, especially those in the secondary.

Lil Uno with the sig.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

I think the Vikings are a pretty good matchup for the 49ers, but there was definitely a little overachieving going on.

95% of us Vikings fans agree with you. This is the same team that lost to the Colts (seriously?) and barely beat the Jags. They are young and athletic, but they have a long way to go before they convince anyone they are a 10 win team. Hopefully this is a big 4th win, and the young players continue to gel, especially those in the secondary.

I think the Colts are going to be a lot better this year than most anticipate. I think Luck is legit and sure they will go through there growing pains, but I see Indy as a team that will either play great one week or terrible the next. I dont think they are as bad as they are being made out to be. They arent a bottom 5 team at this point. Talent wise, they arent good on paper but I fully believe in Luck and the Colts will go where he takes them. That game was bizarre anyway, the Vikes had like 8 or 9 penalties and consistently shot themselves in the foot in that one.

The offense is largely a work in progress, but I have complete faith in the run game and defense so they have those two elements to lean on until the passing game gets up to speed. The Vikings face some pretty bad defenses coming up, hopefully they can turn it around.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:

I'm with you on this, for sure. Intense homerism is really unnecessary and unappealing.

Peppers90 on the sig.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

I'm with you on this, for sure. Intense homerism is really unnecessary and unappealing.

how about if we discuss football instead of fans?

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Everyone just expects at the end of the year we will just let Greenbay, Chicago, St. Louis and Houston to just walk all over us.

you know, you write this a lot in lots of threads, but i don't see the people saying it that you say are.

most everyone has a generally cautious attitude about the Vikes, and needs to see further games to assess how good or mediocre we are. but the way you write, you have everyone else throwing us under the bus, when they're not.

SteelKing728 wrote:
Everyone just expects...

it's really not a true statement, what you attribute to others.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
how about if we discuss football instead of fans?

vike daddy wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Everyone just expects at the end of the year we will just let Greenbay, Chicago, St. Louis and Houston to just walk all over us.

you know, you write this a lot in lots of threads, but i don't see the people saying it that you say are.

most everyone has a generally cautious attitude about the Vikes, and needs to see further games to assess how good or mediocre we are. but the way you write, you have everyone else throwing us under the bus, when they're not.

SteelKing728 wrote:
Everyone just expects...

vd, seriously? Read this back to yourself. You are doing literally what you asked me not to do. Please. This is what I was talking about.

Peppers90 on the sig.
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the Vikes would be about a 6 win team this season, and they could have been 4-0 right now looking at 5-0 so far they have definitely exceeded my expectations.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

SteelKing728 wrote:
Everyone just expects...

Why don't you then just look at what everyone projected in the offseason, as writing this team off as a 2-14 to 3-13 club once again? Its not just posters, Its analyst, its oddsmakers, writers etc.

We were very highly doubted to do anything significant this year. People seem to ignore the few changes we've made this offseason, which are paying off quite nicely so far. We didn't sign that bigtime FA, or that superstar Draftee. People just assumed we didn't make any attempt to improve.

I'll calm down about this. We are only 4 weeks into the season, and clearly have some issues to work out, but I won't write this team off this season. I just hope we go out there and have a stellar season.

(It is also important to note that every other 4 years, dating back to 1996, meaning 96, 00, 04 and 08 the Vikings have made the playoffs. Maybe History is on our side this year! lol)

down but not out. I still believe!
Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[REMOVED BY MOD]

Two things:

- We don't allow links to "pay for" sites such as ESPNInsider.
- When linking an article, don't just cut and paste the entire article; That is a form of plagiarism. Next time, take 2-3 lines, add your own commentary, and provide a link to the article in its entirety (but no "pay for" sites, please).

Thanks.

- ET

yupyup

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing the reason the pass D is doing well is because a struggling Stafford is the only good QB they have faced so far.

Aaron Rodgers becomes a top 10 QB again [X]
USC looks like a top 15 team []
Todd Gurley becomes a household name []
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yupyup wrote:
I'm guessing the reason the pass D is doing well is because a struggling Stafford is the only good QB they have faced so far.

You can only play who is on your schedule. Really, the only QBs anyone consider good-great on the Vikes schedule this year are Rodgers (x2), Cutler (x2), Stafford (x2) and Schaub.

Alex Smith was a very good QB last year and was off to a great start prior to the Vikes game. I am not sure why he still gets as little respect as he does. I think he showed in the playoffs that he is more than just a game manager.

Blaine Gabbert has looked pretty good too this year, he has a solid TD:INT ratio and has a decent amount of yards, granted his completion % is still bad. Andrew Luck is also a very highly regarded rookie and he appears to be pushing that 4000 yard mark as a rookie.

Upcoming QBs he Vikes will face include: Hasselbeck, RGIII, Kolb, Freeman, Wilson, Stafford.

So, MN still has a lot of mediocre to poor QBs upcoming on the schedule, so i expect the pass defense to be strong for awhile. They wont really be tested until the Lions game at home and then the Bears-Packers three game stretch after the bye week. Kevin Kolb is looking pretty good though, but a lot can change over the next month. Certainly with the Vikes as well.

For now, you have to acknowledge that the Vikings defense is playing strong, regardless of who they have faced.
yupyup

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
yupyup wrote:

You can only play who is on your schedule. Really, the only QBs anyone consider good-great on the Vikes schedule this year are Rodgers (x2), Cutler (x2), Stafford (x2) and Schaub.

Alex Smith was a very good QB last year and was off to a great start prior to the Vikes game. I am not sure why he still gets as little respect as he does. I think he showed in the playoffs that he is more than just a game manager.

Blaine Gabbert has looked pretty good too this year, he has a solid TD:INT ratio and has a decent amount of yards, granted his completion % is still bad. Andrew Luck is also a very highly regarded rookie and he appears to be pushing that 4000 yard mark as a rookie.

Upcoming QBs he Vikes will face include: Hasselbeck, RGIII, Kolb, Freeman, Wilson, Stafford.

So, MN still has a lot of mediocre to poor QBs upcoming on the schedule, so i expect the pass defense to be strong for awhile. They wont really be tested until the Lions game at home and then the Bears-Packers three game stretch after the bye week. Kevin Kolb is looking pretty good though, but a lot can change over the next month. Certainly with the Vikes as well.

For now, you have to acknowledge that the Vikings defense is playing strong, regardless of who they have faced.

I'm just saying it should be obvious why the YPA is going to be low when they face a rookie, Gabbert, Alex Smith and a struggling Stafford. I mean obviously it's better to play well against bad QB's then poorly, but I want to see how thye handle a top-notch guy who isn't playing like crap.

Aaron Rodgers becomes a top 10 QB again [X]
USC looks like a top 15 team []
Todd Gurley becomes a household name []
Nbanflguy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yupyup wrote:

That definatly has to play into it a little bit, but there is no doubt our pass d is much better than previous years. We still havent learned that it is ok to catch the QB's pass even if your not on his team though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 23 of 31

Jump to: