Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Surprised to see the Eagles favored by 2 points over Ravens
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 Eagles fan vs. the entire Ravens fanbase on here...

This is going to end well Cool

Anywho, the Eagles throw the ball 50 times a game and Mike Vick has been turnover prone and injury prone forever now, so obviously that favors us automatically because our offense WILL put up points against the weak Eagles Defense all day long, and from the looks of it, Vick will be forcing passes into coverage and giving us free turnovers.

So, the Ravens win in a laugher 44-3 Laughing

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my roomates is a huge Philly fan. Pretty funny watching him watch the PHI-CLE game last week. Gave up on his team mad early. Hoping (not expecting) for a Ravens samck down this Sunday.

Their pass rush worries me a bit. They seemed like they were able to bottle up Richardson pretty well, but I think they were able to play the run a lot stronger, not respecting Weeden's passing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
One of my roomates is a huge Philly fan. Pretty funny watching him watch the PHI-CLE game last week. Gave up on his team mad early. Hoping (not expecting) for a Ravens samck down this Sunday.

Their pass rush worries me a bit. They seemed like they were able to bottle up Richardson pretty well, but I think they were able to play the run a lot stronger, not respecting Weeden's passing.

Here's what I see in terms of our offense vs their defense:

- Their linebackers and safeties aren't good enough to stay with Pitta and Dickson, so they're going to have to choose between playing nickel or playing base and helping out their linebackers (or just blitzing all game). If they play nickel, Joe needs to be smart enough to run the ball, and if they play base and cover our guys with safeties, we need to get Torrey and Jacoby deep or be creative and run pick routes with Pitta and Dickson.

- Trent Cole is their only pass rusher that scares me. Babin is a straight bull rush guy and to be honest, I think KO and Yanda can handle him. Cole is either going to have a monster game or be completely shut down.

- NONE of their linebackers can keep up with the agility and skillset of Ray Rice in the passing game, so we need to use him early and often to get their linebackers thinking and then take advantage of that.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1 Eagles fan vs. the entire Ravens fanbase on here...

This is going to end well Cool

Anywho, the Eagles throw the ball 50 times a game and Mike Vick has been turnover prone and injury prone forever now, so obviously that favors us automatically because our offense WILL put up points against the weak Eagles Defense all day long, and from the looks of it, Vick will be forcing passes into coverage and giving us free turnovers.

So, the Ravens win in a laugher 44-3 Laughing

Does anyone else feel like there's something off...

Should we contact authorities in Washington?

http://www.wsp.wa.gov/crime/mpu.htm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

Here's what I see in terms of our offense vs their defense:

- Their linebackers and safeties aren't good enough to stay with Pitta and Dickson, so they're going to have to choose between playing nickel or playing base and helping out their linebackers (or just blitzing all game). If they play nickel, Joe needs to be smart enough to run the ball, and if they play base and cover our guys with safeties, we need to get Torrey and Jacoby deep or be creative and run pick routes with Pitta and Dickson.

- Trent Cole is their only pass rusher that scares me. Babin is a straight bull rush guy and to be honest, I think KO and Yanda can handle him. Cole is either going to have a monster game or be completely shut down.

- NONE of their linebackers can keep up with the agility and skillset of Ray Rice in the passing game, so we need to use him early and often to get their linebackers thinking and then take advantage of that.

I would like to see Ray Rice used in the passing game as well. Some screens and splitting Ray Rice out should slow down their LB's and DL pass rush a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping nobody would notice that I kidnapped and murdered the real SnA ExclusiVe and then took over his account, but I guess my optimism and homerism for the Ravens kind of gave it away!

So I'll start over:

My prediction, close game, Ravens lose 2-57 and Flacco throws 10 INT's in his first 4 passing attempts!

BlaqOptic wrote:
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I was hoping nobody would notice that I kidnapped and murdered the real SnA ExclusiVe and then took over his account, but I guess my optimism and homerism for the Ravens kind of gave it away!

So I'll start over:

My prediction, close game, Ravens lose 2-57 and Flacco throws 10 INT's in his first 4 passing attempts!

Haha well played. But the fact that we recorded a safety proves that you're not THAT down on our pass rush. Nice try.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Surprised to see the Eagles favored by 2 points over Rav Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
ceejay wrote:
Actually

We are still going to smash you guys and you're going to be lucky if Vick doesn't get injured within 2 quarters.

But I digress, the line is surprising. No doubt about that

Actually

You know, I was going to be a good sport and wish your team good luck, but apparently the Eagles have no chance in this game. I'm so glad that nearly your entire fan base is modest about this contest on Sunday. Rolling Eyes Should the Eagles even show up to their home opener?

And since I don't see a GDT up yet, and considering that victory is already yours, I guess you guys don't even need to post one. But if any of you want to venture into ours over in the Eagles forum, feel free to do so: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=498790

Been there, it's overrated... Very Happy

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

So I'll start over:

Haha well played. But the fact that we recorded a safety proves that you're not THAT down on our pass rush. Nice try.

We recorded a safety after a Sam Koch BOMB punt, followed by a bad snap and a subsequent safety. We finish the game with 0 sacks.

BlaqOptic wrote:
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

So I'll start over:

We recorded a safety after a Sam Koch BOMB punt, followed by a bad snap and a subsequent safety. We finish the game with 0 sacks.

Touche salesman...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooooooooo....Sig bets?

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

FlaccoForever

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:

You are right about their pass rush but you do have to remember that Richardson is the only real threat on the Browns offense and he's a rookie who was rusty after missing the entire preseason. The Eagles defense will be a big time challenge for the Ravens offense but we have a much better offense than the Browns do. We will be a challenge for them too. It could be a good chess match on Sunday for both teams:

Explosive Eagles offense v.s. Tough Ravens defense

Explosive Ravens offense (still feels weird saying that LOL) v.s. Tough Eagles defense
nevermore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

So I'll start over:

I just figured DTMB got hold of your password.

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

So I'll start over:

I just figured DTMB got hold of your password.

DTMB be rational and positive?...What is this, I don't even...

Very Happy

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys better hope Andy doesn't learn that running the ball can actually be a good thing or Shady will make it a long day for you guys.

That said, you guys SHOULD be the favorites for this game.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: