Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Surprised to see the Eagles favored by 2 points over Ravens
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NFLFan76

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Surprised to see the Eagles favored by 2 points over Ravens Reply with quote

This is the same team who could not score more than 17 pts against the Browns and gave up 10 pts to a weak browns offense. So just because they are home they all of a sudden are the favorite? I believe that Vick will still be starting at QB which is enough reason to laugh at Eagles being favored.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, doesn't really make sense...

Oh well, go place your bets because the Ravens are going to win. Bank on it.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
NFLFan76

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Yeah, doesn't really make sense...

Oh well, go place your bets because the Ravens are going to win. Bank on it.

I won money last week taking the browns who covered-lol And that team had no QB
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally when the home team is favored by less than 3 points it's a good sign for the away team. I'd be very surprised if most of the bets weren't for the Ravens.
NFLFan76

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Generally when the home team is favored by less than 3 points it's a good sign for the away team. I'd be very surprised if most of the bets weren't for the Ravens.

I think it started at 1 point and moved up to 2.5
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Surprised to see the Eagles favored by 2 points over Rav Reply with quote

NFLFan76 wrote:
This is the same team who ... gave up 10 pts to a weak browns offense.

Actually, the Eagles gave up 9 points on three FGs to the Browns offense, but all 3 of those FGs happened directly after a TO (giving the Browns field position past the 40 yard line each time). They got to 16 on a pick-6 by D'Q Jackson.

But I digress. Yes, this line is surprising. No doubt about that.
ceejay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Surprised to see the Eagles favored by 2 points over Rav Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
NFLFan76 wrote:

Actually, the Eagles gave up 9 points on three FGs to the Browns offense, but all 3 of those FGs happened directly after a TO (giving the Browns field position past the 40 yard line each time). They got to 16 on a pick-6 by D'Q Jackson.

Actually

We are still going to smash you guys and you're going to be lucky if Vick doesn't get injured within 2 quarters.

But I digress, the line is surprising. No doubt about that

Actually

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just quoting here:

letdown (blowout win in divisional game on national tv)
sandwich (patriots revenge game on deck)
short week (!)
home/road splits (ravens 15-1 at home; 9-7 away), eagles home opener, etc.

Basically Vegas expects a repeat of last season (Titans, Seattle).
And I've heard there's a lot of "smart money" on the Eagles -2.5.

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
AlexM23

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Surprised to see the Eagles favored by 2 points over Rav Reply with quote

ceejay wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
NFLFan76 wrote:

Actually

We are still going to smash you guys and you're going to be lucky if Vick doesn't get injured within 2 quarters.

Actually

Good one!

You guys might as well not show up. This one is going to be over by half-time.

Kiltman on the sig
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Surprised to see the Eagles favored by 2 points over Rav Reply with quote

ceejay wrote:
Actually

Actually

You know, I was going to be a good sport and wish your team good luck, but apparently the Eagles have no chance in this game. I'm so glad that nearly your entire fan base is modest about this contest on Sunday. Rolling Eyes Should the Eagles even show up to their home opener?

And since I don't see a GDT up yet, and considering that victory is already yours, I guess you guys don't even need to post one. But if any of you want to venture into ours over in the Eagles forum, feel free to do so: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=498790
ceejay

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Surprised to see the Eagles favored by 2 points over Rav Reply with quote

Yeah like the last time we faced you? We got your starting QB benched and almost got that whale of a coach fired? You can sit here with your false hopes becausse Philly fans are as blinde as fat chicks with money, dating guys with no jobs. They just keep believing until he takes everything then leaves. Like Philly took your spirtis last year "Dream Team" what was your final record? 8-8?

I'm actually hoping Vick doesn't get injured because I want Ed Reed to get some more INT return yards. Not to mention, Foles is probably the best QB on the team.

In life, sometimes you have to accept things you can't control. So get used to the fact that thing that Philly does best, is losing. Enjoy Sunday buddy because it's going to be a joy to Vicks post game interview about how "the team was doubting him"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Surprised to see the Eagles favored by 2 points over Rav Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
ceejay wrote:
Actually

Actually

You know, I was going to be a good sport and wish your team good luck, but apparently the Eagles have no chance in this game. I'm so glad that nearly your entire fan base is modest about this contest on Sunday. Rolling Eyes Should the Eagles even show up to their home opener?

And since I don't see a GDT up yet, and considering that victory is already yours, I guess you guys don't even need to post one. But if any of you want to venture into ours over in the Eagles forum, feel free to do so: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=498790

Oh I'll be there trust me, A lot of out fan base on here are smart, intelligent and very nice people. I am a little different, I enjoy trash talking. I would enjoy if Vick was injured come this Sunday, not because of his past troubles. But because he is just a dork who is overrated like your team.

So when you come in here with your "actuallys" you are just asking for it you girl. So get your panties in a bunch all you want. Accept the fact that this is going to be a physical game and that's the last thing your team is.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Surprised to see the Eagles favored by 2 points over Rav Reply with quote

ceejay wrote:
I'm actually hoping Vick doesn't get injured
ceejay wrote:
I would enjoy if Vick was injured come this Sunday

Whoa there bro, which is it? Having trouble making up your mind?

Quote:
A lot of out fan base on here are smart, intelligent and very nice people.
Quote:
So when you come in here with your "actuallys" you are just asking for it you girl. So get your panties in a bunch all you want.

Wow! Did you really have to stoop to that level? Right after you get done mentioning how smart and intelligent your fan base is, you follow it up with that extremely mature comment. Bravo big guy. You do realize that there is a more classy way to trash talk, right?
ceejay

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Surprised to see the Eagles favored by 2 points over Rav Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
ceejay wrote:
I'm actually hoping Vick doesn't get injured
ceejay wrote:
I would enjoy if Vick was injured come this Sunday

Whoa there bro, which is it? Having trouble making up your mind?

Quote:
Quote:
So when you come in here with your "actuallys" you are just asking for it you girl. So get your panties in a bunch all you want.

Wow! Did you really have to stoop to that level? Right after you get done mentioning how smart and intelligent your fan base is, you follow it up with that extremely mature comment. Bravo big guy. You do realize that there is a more classy way to trash talk, right?

See that's your problem. You put the other posters in the same category as me. I act how I want to act in this forum, it has no effect on who I am outside of it. I can trash talk all I want, so don't put other people in the same category as me because that would be stupid.

Now if you want to stick around here go for it, because now that I see calling you a girl gets under your skin, I may start with a little more degrading comments. Don't worry I will come to your GDT, you should come to ours. We got a guy here who is amazing and entertaining with his GDT's.

Happy trails little lady

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Surprised to see the Eagles favored by 2 points over Rav Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Lawlz, did you read the next part where he said, "A lot of our fan base on here are smart, intelligent, and nice people... I'm a little different."

ceejay is the drunk uncle of the Ravens forum. There may be some unsavory things about him, but in the end he's family and we love him just the way he is. And perhaps just as important, we know he's not going to change.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: