Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Seattle Seahawks(27) vs Dallas Cowgirls(7) Postgame
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
klyon7634


Joined: 13 Jul 2007
Posts: 11724
Location: New York
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my favorite play of the game!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a75_2Sg_D_I&feature=share
_________________


Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 4786
Location: Evanston, IL
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good win for you guys in a dominating fashion. Congratulations.

Week three shall provide some great entertainment! Good luck to you guys and let's hope for an injury-free game!
_________________
Simian07:
Quote:
I'd argue Jordy is probably around the 30th-40th best receiver in the NFL, maybe 50th.
Shish wrote:
Hyde just lost his cutlerginity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
klyon7634


Joined: 13 Jul 2007
Posts: 11724
Location: New York
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Good win for you guys in a dominating fashion. Congratulations.

Week three shall provide some great entertainment! Good luck to you guys and let's hope for an injury-free game!


Cant wait!!!

Monday night football!!

Good luck to you guys also
_________________


Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Earl Thomas > Brandon mebane > Richard Sherman > the rest of seattle's defense


i have a weird crush on Chancellor.
every objective person can tell earl is better


Even though Kams numbers are better and he doesn't really have any holes in his game. Alrighty.
What numbers does he have better other than height and weight? Laughing He had more picks last year but half of them were gifts.

Kam is a tremendous in the box safety who's solid and maybe even above average in zone coverage but shouldn't ever play man. He can also jack people up.

Earl Thomas is a much better open field tackler for his size and really isn't that far behind Kam in that area or in blitzing. Kam's only real advantage is his size. Earl is a better ballhawk, better zone defender, and in an entirely different realm in man-to-man situations.

Earl Thomas would look good in any defense. Kam Chancellor shows up most in a D where there's an Thomas/Reed/Collins (poor guy) opposite him.


What? Kam is a MUCH better tackler and is just as good, if not better, of a ballhawk as proven by his turnover production. He can cover the big TEs of todays league extremely well in man and we saw Kam intimidate Witten today. That's valuable. Kam is much better against the run, much more of a mismatch with his size, and much more of an intimidator, that'd I'd much rather have him.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Cicero


Joined: 01 Dec 2006
Posts: 1236
Location: Portland, OR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
my favorite play of the game!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a75_2Sg_D_I&feature=share


I love that the flag on the play wasn't for Helmet-to-Helmet or leading with his Helmet, but rather on Bruce Carter for a phantom call. Brilliant. Tate clearly launched himself at Lee who was defenseless. I actually almost got into a fight when the flag was called on Carter and not Tate by a fan in the stands who threw ice at me and laughed. Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, the Seahawks played a complete game, and the Cowboys came out flat and terrible. There were alot of terrible calls in that game, but nothing that would have changed the outcome or the result. A few of the offensive drives that Seattle had would have stalled and took some points off the board, but we would have lost anyway.

Something needs to change with our OL because it's atrocious and I was really impressed with how Seattle handled the Cowboys pass rush.

Defensively the Cowboys played a good game, holding your offense to under 200 yards passing and only 14 points (surprisingly we couldn't stop the run to save our lives either)...but getting down by 10 early due to terrible Special Teams play by us and Seattle playing great, that and never being able to mount any kind of offense killed us.

Props to Seattle, hope you guys can keep it up!
_________________

Wondering where I can apply for the DCRA?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say this. I had it as the key to this game to keep Murray under 20 carries. The Boys are undefeated when he hits that number, because it essentially means the defense was getting gashed. While we were consistently giving up 3 or 4 yards, we never let him break a big one and the Cowboys were forced to pass over and over again.

Sherman wasn't even targeted in the 1st half of the game. He ended up having another nice day against some strong receivers.

This game could have actually been worse than it was. Brandon Browner could've taken his INT back for a TD if Kam wasn't in his way. KJ Wright should've had that pick 6. That Dez Bryant fumble could've easily been picked up by us. We didn't score a TD off of the fumbled kickoff.

A lot of mistakes on our part but we found a way to win. The biggest difference in the 2nd half, for me, is that we weren't getting driver-killing, momentum-killing penalties. Those really do ruin our whole tempo.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
TheoryofSeahawk


Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 2001
Location: Kosmic Satori
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that is how a team works out the kinks from week 1 to week 2. I will give my game ball to Frank Omiyale. He basically neutralized (and maybe neutered) Demarcus Ware. When I turned the game on and saw Omiyale in there I thought we were in serious trouble, but he played an epic game to keep one the elite pass rushers in the league off Wilsons back. The only play I can recall where he got crushed was when he got bull-rushed back into Wilson and it cost the 'Hawks a long TD pass to Tate. I believe it was the 1st down play after the Browner INT. Anyway, the whole O-line deserves credit for paving the way for Lynch as well. The cohesion they showed this week after looking lost and confused last week was a huge improvement. I will say that Dallas gift wrapped the first quarter for us. They were sloppy and it allowed us to play from ahead for the whole game. The receivers were atrocious, Witten dropped what 4 or 5 passes? Bryant dropped a couple and fumbled a punt. They really killed any momentum that Dallas could've built. And they started to in the 2nd quarter, but the drive Wilson led to get the FG before halftime was crucial. 2nd half was all Seahawks. Whatever PC does at halftime seems to be almost miraculous. Dallas was a ghost team out there. I loved seeing the 2 long drives that just demoralized Dallas. We will need those kind of drives consistently this year to give our D a rest and let them go balls out when they're on the field. Overall a great way to come out for the home opener and a great way to turn around last week's tough loss.

On a side note, now the Arizona pulled an upset over NE combined with SF's 2 wins against playoff teams from last year, and the Rams being a lot more competitive than last year, can I say that the NFC West might be the deepest division in the conference? There is a lot of season to go and the national media will never say this, because they live in the prison of their time honored biases, but at this point the NFC West is on the rise in a major way.
_________________
Consistent application beats complex programming.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
acowboys62


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 10124
Location: NJ/Phila
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game fellas, wooped us something fierce.
_________________
Quote:
"I'm going to demolish him. He understands that."
- Kobe Bean Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheoryofSeahawk


Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 2001
Location: Kosmic Satori
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
I'll say this. I had it as the key to this game to keep Murray under 20 carries. The Boys are undefeated when he hits that number, because it essentially means the defense was getting gashed. While we were consistently giving up 3 or 4 yards, we never let him break a big one and the Cowboys were forced to pass over and over again.

Sherman wasn't even targeted in the 1st half of the game. He ended up having another nice day against some strong receivers.

This game could have actually been worse than it was. Brandon Browner could've taken his INT back for a TD if Kam wasn't in his way. KJ Wright should've had that pick 6. That Dez Bryant fumble could've easily been picked up by us. We didn't score a TD off of the fumbled kickoff.

A lot of mistakes on our part but we found a way to win. The biggest difference in the 2nd half, for me, is that we weren't getting driver-killing, momentum-killing penalties. Those really do ruin our whole tempo.


That was definitely a huge part of the success yesterday. Taking 13 penalties, no matter how bad these replacement refs are, is unacceptable and shows a lack of maturity. Getting that cleaned up was a necessity. Now we just gotta get 3rd down pass D cleaned up. Way to many conversions for Dallas yesterday. I think at one point they were 7/11. That would get you mauled most days. 2nd half was better, but that's mainly cuz we had the ball forever.
_________________
Consistent application beats complex programming.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
JOEJOE


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 695
Location: 'DrunkMode' in Playersville
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
I'll say this. I had it as the key to this game to keep Murray under 20 carries. The Boys are undefeated when he hits that number, because it essentially means the defense was getting gashed. While we were consistently giving up 3 or 4 yards, we never let him break a big one and the Cowboys were forced to pass over and over again.

Sherman wasn't even targeted in the 1st half of the game. He ended up having another nice day against some strong receivers.

This game could have actually been worse than it was. Brandon Browner could've taken his INT back for a TD if Kam wasn't in his way. KJ Wright should've had that pick 6. That Dez Bryant fumble could've easily been picked up by us. We didn't score a TD off of the fumbled kickoff.

A lot of mistakes on our part but we found a way to win. The biggest difference in the 2nd half, for me, is that we weren't getting driver-killing, momentum-killing penalties. Those really do ruin our whole tempo.


That was definitely a huge part of the success yesterday. Taking 13 penalties, no matter how bad these replacement refs are, is unacceptable and shows a lack of maturity. Getting that cleaned up was a necessity. Now we just gotta get 3rd down pass D cleaned up. Way to many conversions for Dallas yesterday. I think at one point they were 7/11. That would get you mauled most days. 2nd half was better, but that's mainly cuz we had the ball forever.


yeah the penalties were a tail of two halves, in the 1st half we had 4/30yd, and in the 2nd half just 1/15yd which was a complete B/S call on Sweezy for an illegal chop-block Rolling Eyes..

But what really won this game was the run game in the second half, our run game looked like it did at the end of last season just dominant, the Cowboys defense couldn't stop it even if they wanted to, they had no answers for it Very Happy , loved it!.


On a different note, Who else thought Sidney Rice was going to be out the rest of the season when he got blown-up on the hit early in the game?, I couldn't believe he got up and played the rest of the game... and Tate showing some swag with that hit on Lee, I think the swagger that our secondary/defense/O-line has is starting to crossover to our WRs, and I like it a bunch..
_________________
Adopt-a-Hawk

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 3997
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did any of you watch Game Day Final? Marshall Falk the Ram's homer said the Cowboys played down to us no respect.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hdshot


Joined: 06 Dec 2011
Posts: 492
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cicero wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
my favorite play of the game!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a75_2Sg_D_I&feature=share


I love that the flag on the play wasn't for Helmet-to-Helmet or leading with his Helmet, but rather on Bruce Carter for a phantom call. Brilliant. Tate clearly launched himself at Lee who was defenseless. I actually almost got into a fight when the flag was called on Carter and not Tate by a fan in the stands who threw ice at me and laughed. Evil or Very Mad


If Tate used his helment to block lee, lee's jaw would of been shattered. Lee's head whipped back due to the whip lash. Wilson was past the LOS which is important because Wilson can't throw a forward pass causing lee not to be defensless. I don't know what the big deal was since lee was playing again and there is a reason for that, Tate went for the numbers not with the crown of his hat or lee's knee.

NFL said this was a good block per the rule. I agree!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJa81h1cato

Look at Tate's block now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgxc0gdlPF4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 38472
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote




You were saying?
_________________

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pie Romania


Joined: 23 Aug 2012
Posts: 1828
Location: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:



You were saying?


Is that all you guys have to complain about? Try focusing on your teams struggles rather than a call that didn't go your way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24982
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:


Is that all you guys have to complain about? Try focusing on your teams struggles rather than a call that didn't go your way.


Laughing Laughing Laughing

You really didn't see the post three above you saying how it was a legal hit?

That play didn't change the outcome of the game. We had our chances and we didn't take advantage - but that was not a legal hit. Old school - sure. But if you change the rules, you need to enforce them.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 25 of 28

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group