Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 2: Broncos [1-0] @ Falcons [1-0] MNF!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRebar913

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone see roddy white boasting how easy its going to be for atlanta's offense? that worked out so well for jay cutler tonight against green bay after his comments earlier this week.

demaryious thomas is on the injury report, shoulder type of injury after the unnecessary failed attempt to break it by troy polomalu.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/09/13/demaryius-thomas-appears-broncos-injury-report/15662/
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd put Champ on Julio Jones and Porter on Roddy White. People also overrate how bad of a tackler Porter really is.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:
The problem is I don't think Tracy porter or champ can handle either of the falcon WRs. I can already see Tracy's pathetic tackling will cost us a lot of yards and point. Julio Jones beasts Tracy porter with 100 YAC and 2 TDs.

Champ can definitely, definitely handle Roddy White.

Maybe, but I don't see how we can contain both of them if the plays get extended. I have absolutely no faith in our safeties. Unless our front 7 get to Ryan on a consistent basis I dont see us pulling it off.
AussieBronco66

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon Miller and Dumervil will cause enough issues that eventual we'll get to Ryan and just disrupt their offence enough to win

mess with him at your peril
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
It's gonna be a close game for sure. Atlanta's WR weapons will be a great barometer for where this team really is so far. I think Chris Harris will play, from what it sounds like, his treatment is more preventative than anything.

I'm worried about Tony Gonzalez this game. Probably even more than I'm worried about their WRs. Heath Miller had a fairly good game, and our LBs struggle in coverage. I envision him getting a lot of short yardage gains to move the sticks.

That being said, our performance against the run was encouraging week one, but remember, it was against Steelers backups, and Dwyer actually played very well against us. I don't think Turner is a huge threat, however. He's an overrated RB in my book. Jacquizz Rodgers will be an interesting matchup though, because they like to use him the way we thought we would be using Hillman.

ATL not having Grimes is big. I agree with lomax about Dunta. He's just not very good. We should better be able to attack in the passing game knowing this, and it just so happens Manning looks on point. I think we'll shore up some of our defensive woes this time.

DEN 30
ATL 24

Can I ask why you are where a sig I made w/ "^^steferfootballd. Dirty" underneath?

My bad BP, I changed it, completely forgot I had that under there.

Thanks, Tzimisce
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
I was given two tickets to this game, but am going to Miami to watch Oakland.

Any Bronco fans in the ATL area? I have 2 tickets behind the Denver bench.

Dude just convert, you know you want to, its why you spend so much time in here.

Call the Broncos owner and tell them to stop STOP wearing those insanely hideous orange uniforms at home and get back to me.

Seriously? Do fans like those? My uncle is the biggest Bronco fan I know and he just hates them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the orange uniforms...I hate the logo on the helmet...

Then again, I really have bad taste when it comes to fashion. To me, the uglier the better. I would be in favor of the Broncos wearing those gold and brown uniforms they wore a few years ago. I freaking loved those.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
I was given two tickets to this game, but am going to Miami to watch Oakland.

Any Bronco fans in the ATL area? I have 2 tickets behind the Denver bench.

Dude just convert, you know you want to, its why you spend so much time in here.

Call the Broncos owner and tell them to stop STOP wearing those insanely hideous orange uniforms at home and get back to me.

Seriously? Do fans like those? My uncle is the biggest Bronco fan I know and he just hates them.

I didn't dig the Reebok ones but the Nike home jerseys are awesome. The orange is a lot brighter. White helmets would be the iceing on the cake.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orange Jersey is the best.

Matches my car really well.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
I would be in favor of the Broncos wearing those gold and brown uniforms they wore a few years ago. I freaking loved those.

You're not alone my man. I freaking loved those too. I even have a Knowshon jersey with that style.

My favorite was Jabar Gaffneys socks and how he spun them so it looked like a spiral. Awesomeness.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
I would be in favor of the Broncos wearing those gold and brown uniforms they wore a few years ago. I freaking loved those.

You're not alone my man. I freaking loved those too. I even have a Knowshon jersey with that style.

My favorite was Jabar Gaffneys socks and how he spun them so it looked like a spiral. Awesomeness.

Haha...that is awesome. I figure, your a football team....uglier the uniforms...the better.
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright my dudes I finally got the Falcons thread up so feel free to stop by and tell us how much you think you will lose by. Wink

Out of curiosity how did your o line play week 1? If they did good, I don't see the Falcons being able to do anything against Manning.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow
PredomntlyOrnge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how Porter matched up with Roddy White when Porter was with New Orleans?? I feel like Champ will be on Jones - so curious what Porter's track record with Roddy White is.
elliot878

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me the jerseys don't really matter. There's nothing worse in peoples personal wardrobes than jerseys. Maybe an nba jersey in the summer time because its a tank top. But jerseys altogether in every sport just aren't wearable unless you're a kid, or going to a game.

My favorite broncos jerseys since the new logo were the blue pants and blue tops. The orange is obnoxious, its completely unwearable to fans if you're going anywhere but to a game, but the overhead shot of a stadium filled with bright orange would definitely be cool.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgoldiscool wrote:
Out of curiosity how did your o line play week 1? If they did good, I don't see the Falcons being able to do anything against Manning.

They actually did pretty good against an average DL really. Woodley is obviously a talent and he got by Orlando Franklin (our RT) a couple of times, but outside of that they played well. Manning compensates for an OL with his protection calls and sliding in the pocket anyway, so I don't think that will be the decider.

I just got done watching our Steelers game in All 22, and for those that care - on the one play Chris Harris missed, Tony Carter played RCB and Tracy Porter went into the slot ... Now, this may well have been because Sanders lined up outside and Antonio Brown went into the slot, but we didn't do any shadowing all game so that could be something to look at for.

Tony Carter on Julio Jones Confused

MUFC OK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 3 of 30

Jump to: