Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mikell Leshoure

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
McGahee


Joined: 29 Nov 2005
Posts: 1256
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Mikell Leshoure Reply with quote

Hey guys, is Leshoure going to be the starting RB once he comes back in week 3?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 18222
Location: Rock City, Arkansas
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not. Kevin Smith is just playing too good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8933
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Mikell Leshoure Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
Hey guys, is Leshoure going to be the starting RB once he comes back in week 3?


Probably not right away unless Smith gets injured between now and then.
_________________
FootballPhreak wrote:
I would absolutely take Stafford over Rivers


Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 26835
Location: #JDI
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll be the starter unless Smith keeps up the play and stays healthy.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 18222
Location: Rock City, Arkansas
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
He'll be the starter unless Smith keeps up the play and stays healthy.


I don't believe that one bit. Eventually, yeah. But nit the first couple weeks he's back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19350
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Smith is the starter, but Leshoure is going to get reps. Smith had a good first game, but it wasn't spectacular. He didn't break any big runs, he was explosive.... He did enough, but Leshoure offers more upside than that and he will have plenty of opportunities to win the job.
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Jrugges


Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 9066
Location: White Lake, Mi.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leshoure just looked good in preseason. If he comes back an puts that kind of impact into our run game right away again... Then yeah he'll start soon, prolly not his 1st week back because he hasn't "earned" it really but come week four, I kind of expect him and Kevin Smith to be our man runners. Kevin Smith is still a very good 3rd down back able to block, run, and catch outta the backfield and I think he's earned himself playing time too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25839
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
I think Smith is the starter, but Leshoure is going to get reps. Smith had a good first game, but it wasn't spectacular. He didn't break any big runs, he was explosive.... He did enough, but Leshoure offers more upside than that and he will have plenty of opportunities to win the job.

I was going to say this.

Smith will start, but Leshoure will see plenty of carries. (That goal line carry by Bell last week? That'll go to Leshoure.)

I expect it to start somewhere around 65/35, then move closer to 50/50. (Assuming both stay healthy.)
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cibowilson


Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Posts: 2042
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
I think Smith is the starter, but Leshoure is going to get reps. Smith had a good first game, but it wasn't spectacular. He didn't break any big runs, he was explosive.... He did enough, but Leshoure offers more upside than that and he will have plenty of opportunities to win the job.

I was going to say this.

Smith will start, but Leshoure will see plenty of carries. (That goal line carry by Bell last week? That'll go to Leshoure.)

I expect it to start somewhere around 65/35, then move closer to 50/50. (Assuming both stay healthy.)


You're probably right but I don't know why Smith doesn't get more chances at it. He is really good at finding the endzone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25839
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cibowilson wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
I think Smith is the starter, but Leshoure is going to get reps. Smith had a good first game, but it wasn't spectacular. He didn't break any big runs, he was explosive.... He did enough, but Leshoure offers more upside than that and he will have plenty of opportunities to win the job.

I was going to say this.

Smith will start, but Leshoure will see plenty of carries. (That goal line carry by Bell last week? That'll go to Leshoure.)

I expect it to start somewhere around 65/35, then move closer to 50/50. (Assuming both stay healthy.)


You're probably right but I don't know why Smith doesn't get more chances at it. He is really good at finding the endzone.

I can't say he's better at it than Leshoure. If he proves to have that knack, the snaps will likely reflect it.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35493
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how either plan to get carries with Joique Bell on the roster.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 18222
Location: Rock City, Arkansas
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
I don't see how either plan to get carries with Joique Bell on the roster.


Lol

For real though... i wish they would give that man more carries. If there's one person on our team that has something to prove, it's him and his swagger amd hard running shows that. I feel bad for him actually.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25839
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
I don't see how either plan to get carries with Joique Bell on the roster.


Lol

For real though... i wish they would give that man more carries. If there's one person on our team that has something to prove, it's him and his swagger amd hard running shows that. I feel bad for him actually.

The guy runs hard. It's a shame: we've got Leshoure returning next week, Keiland Williams, Kevin Smith, Jahvid Best (someday, maybe). It's a crowded situation.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group