Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Another new Thread Yippie
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Another new Thread Yippie Reply with quote

Look we are basically discussing the same topic over like 5 threads. Its either Palmer or Knapp in every single thread. Cant we just discuss this in one thread. Two Pryor threads in the top 5 on the first page and we only 2 games in that is silly. Im not going to call out names but when he post just dont respond, let his threads go to the bottom of the page and on to the next.

But now to the Raiders. This is going to sound crazy but Reggie IMO has to be tanking the season without actually looking like tanking the season. The reason I say this is because I have faith in Reggie. Look he cant just cut all the players and trade every bad contract in a blink of an eye. He has to rebuild but fans thought we were close so he had to be competitive to. It wasnt for Allen to save his job, it was just for fans.

No way Reggie hires Knapp who runs a ZBS, and like his QBs to do bootlegs and move their feet. He knew with a 32 year old QB on a bum knee, a RB who has never looked good behind ZBS and two offensive lineman in Barnes and Cooper who cant move their feet. No way you implement this system, from an offense that was pretty good doing something else the year before.

Im not saying that I think Knapp can run a successful offensive even worth the right personnal to run it, cause I seriously have my doubts, but I did know he couldnt run our team successfully. But now we are losing and look bad Reggie can start trying to trade over the the top and overpaid players without fans going crazy about. He also can start to build up his draft picks portfolio, with higher draft picks from losing and from trades. I dont like losing, I hate but if this is Reggie's plan I can see why he went this route.
daineraider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you made a new thread to complain about to many threads.

Sigged by Jamison
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:

Yup and you made my point. If Threads are dumb, stop responding to them. King Money just made one of the dumbest threads Ive seen and it has 6 replies and is at the top of the page.
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie wants a zone blocking scheme long term. That's what he'll stick with. People really need to understand that this is a re-build we are going through, those things do get changed or fixed straight away and players don't learn and pick them up straight away either. Short term pain for long term gain.
daineraider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
daineraider wrote:

Yup and you made my point. If Threads are dumb, stop responding to them. King Money just made one of the dumbest threads Ive seen and it has 6 replies and is at the top of the page.

I was just messing with you. I understand what your doing. The problem is we are imploding and so its impossible to not have new threads even if they are extremely similar to other ones. We didnt expect to look this awful and until the front office does something about it, people will be on here giving their opinion on what they think should happen.

Sigged by Jamison
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Reggie wants a zone blocking scheme long term. That's what he'll stick with. People really need to understand that this is a re-build we are going through, those things do get changed or fixed straight away and players don't learn and pick them up straight away either. Short term pain for long term gain.

I have no problem with anything you said. Like I said i dont mind it being here to stay, I just dont want Knapp running it. I dont want to see Cooper and Barnes in it either. No doubt Reggie will slowly get the personnal in here to run it.
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Another new Thread Yippie Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Look we are basically discussing the same topic over like 5 threads. Its either Palmer or Knapp in every single thread. Cant we just discuss this in one thread. Two Pryor threads in the top 5 on the first page and we only 2 games in that is silly. Im not going to call out names but when he post just dont respond, let his threads go to the bottom of the page and on to the next.

But now to the Raiders. This is going to sound crazy but Reggie IMO has to be tanking the season without actually looking like tanking the season. The reason I say this is because I have faith in Reggie. Look he cant just cut all the players and trade every bad contract in a blink of an eye. He has to rebuild but fans thought we were close so he had to be competitive to. It wasnt for Allen to save his job, it was just for fans.

No way Reggie hires Knapp who runs a ZBS, and like his QBs to do bootlegs and move their feet. He knew with a 32 year old QB on a bum knee, a RB who has never looked good behind ZBS and two offensive lineman in Barnes and Cooper who cant move their feet. No way you implement this system, from an offense that was pretty good doing something else the year before.

Im not saying that I think Knapp can run a successful offensive even worth the right personnal to run it, cause I seriously have my doubts, but I did know he couldnt run our team successfully. But now we are losing and look bad Reggie can start trying to trade over the the top and overpaid players without fans going crazy about. He also can start to build up his draft picks portfolio, with higher draft picks from losing and from trades. I dont like losing, I hate but if this is Reggie's plan I can see why he went this route.

Why do you have faith in Reggie what has he ever done?
The first chance he gets to prove himself and screws the pooch. this is a horrible Team, horrible coaching staff, schemes,
you name it is just horrible.
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Another new Thread Yippie Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

The first chance he gets to prove himself and screws the pooch. this is a horrible Team, horrible coaching staff, schemes,

So Reggie had one offseason with no picks before the 4th and you put all the blame on him for this mess. Yeah ok.
daineraider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Another new Thread Yippie Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

He pretty much came out and said this will be a transitional year. He didnt have the cap space to work with. And there are some awful contracts that he had to dispose of and more next year before he has any room to make improvements. Richard Seymour alone will save us 15 mil next year. I personally hope he resigns to around the 5 mil a year mark. But he has a whole cluster f he had to fix. Its going to take a few years. And nevermind the 1st round pick he didnt have this year or the 2nd after this season to try to help improve the team.

I guarantee he isnt happy watching this team either but knows being irrational and making quick decisions probably isnt the best for the future. This club will slowly transition and i can only imagine his plan is going to take place but over a few years not weeks. I have waited a long time to see us have success and if he can get us the people to sustain that i will wait a little longer.

Sigged by Jamison
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Another new Thread Yippie Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

So Reggie had one offseason with no picks before the 4th and you put all the blame on him for this mess. Yeah ok.

So he's not the reason we fired Hue and hired Allen and Knapp and went to a zone blocking system or that we have $6 million surplus while we need cornerbacks. Trading Murphy for next to nothing.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Another new Thread Yippie Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

So he's not the reason we fired Hue and hired Allen and Knapp and went to a zone blocking system or that we have $6 million surplus while we need cornerbacks. Trading Murphy for next to nothing.

You're mad at him for getting us under the cap? You're saying he's terrible after 2 games into his reign here? Awesome. Glad you can think rationally
NickButera

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Another new Thread Yippie Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

That next to nothing had a 65 yard TD run yesterday. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin. Murphy had a good game in game 1, but had 0 catches yesterday. I dunno, seems like an even trade so far.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Another new Thread Yippie Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

That next to nothing had a 65 yard TD run yesterday. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin. Murphy had a good game in game 1, but had 0 catches yesterday. I dunno, seems like an even trade so far.

(we traded Campbell for Goodson)
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Another new Thread Yippie Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

What corners should he go get? When he is 30 mill under the cap in 2 or so years and we spend on some players you really want, are you gonna to complain about the 6 million he isnt using right now. Also please look at things as a whole and no just the moment. The 6 mill may be needed to help us stay under the cap next year or to sign something we need next year. You blaming him cause he lost his number 1 corner to injury in the first game of the season. Fire Hue had to be done, lets no act like he is some hot commodity, where is he now. Knapp is the only thing I dont like but I explain why he did it in the opening post.
NickButera

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Another new Thread Yippie Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NickButera wrote:
bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

(we traded Campbell for Goodson)

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: