Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: WEEK 2 Raiders (0-1) at Dolphins (0-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Raiders
75%
 75%  [ 30 ]
Dolphins
25%
 25%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 40

Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nbaker1933 wrote:
I think last week all the balls bounced against us, starting with the fumble.
We did an amazing job defensively and I imagine offensively we will improve if wis and dmo play, I think cp showed last year that dmo was a we he trusted.

I also think our overall ability to get sideline to sideline as a defense has improved and that will limit bush.

I'm not worried about the Dolphins offense. But if the Dolphins D is still as good as it was last season, there's no way we should be expecting a blowout. After not being able to run the ball against the Chargers, we shouldn't expect things to come easier against a better Dolphins run D.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
When was the last time we won a game on the east coast??

I'd say Pittsburgh in 2009.

That's right! I forgot about that game for some reason. I loved that game. Can't remember being that elated about a victory in almost a decade hahahaha.

Our record on the east coast isn't the best if I'm not forgetting too much more LOL. I just hope.....

PM sig requests.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"LB Rolondo McClain (ankle) and RB Taiwan Jones {ribs) are on the field practicing. They missed practice Wednesday."

Didnt think it would be an issue but good news nonetheless.
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully we use Taiwan on more then on just reverses. If I were Knapp, I'd try my best to get him around 10 touches a game (8 carries, 2 receptions). Allowing for McFadden to get around 25 touches (20 carries, 5 receptions). I think that would be a lethal combination that would help keep McFadden fresher for the season.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Hopefully we use Taiwan on more then on just reverses. If I were Knapp, I'd try my best to get him around 10 touches a game (8 carries, 2 receptions). Allowing for McFadden to get around 25 touches (20 carries, 5 receptions). I think that would be a lethal combination that would help keep McFadden fresher for the season.

Agreed. Even give Goodson like 3-5 carries too. Keep em all involved and all fresh.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should win this game. But I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see us come out and play lethargic, and let a young Miami team gain confidence and end up beating us in a close game. We never play well on the east coast.

I think the gameplan is pretty simple against a rookie Qb. Take.away the running game and force him to beat you through the air. Without Bartell, we probably have the worst starting Cb tandem in the league. Luckily this week w are going up against a rookie qb with maybe the worst receiving corps in the Nfl. So we should be able to hold our own in the secondary.

On offense I am so looking forward to the return of our best receiver D. Moore. I expect him to be rusty but his prescence alone should open up things and provide more spacing on the field, which in turn should help out our running game.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Still no decision on @Raiders starting center Knapp says Wisniewski better run blocker and Parsons better at pass protection"
Per Vittorio

Interesting. Personally I would rather have the better run blocker.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
"Still no decision on @Raiders starting center Knapp says Wisniewski better run blocker and Parsons better at pass protection"
Per Vittorio

Honestly, I'd go w/ Wiz and LG. He and Veldheer were a run blocking machine on that left side. Keep Parson's at C.

What does Carlisle excel at?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The traveling from West to East thing is always a problem for WC teams. I think the last time around Cable got us in Miami early to get a practice early so it wouldn't effect them. Of course we all remember him choosing to start Bruce over Jason and it was one of the reasons it cost him his job.

Be interesting to hear Allen's thoughts on the traveling.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
nbaker1933 wrote:
I think it's gonna be a blowout.

true. hopefully we blow them out by 30, i hate tannehill

Dont start the blowout jinx.

I just want to see a solid game from offense, defense, and ST. If we do that we should win.

There is no jinx. When was the last time Raiders blew out anybody? We havent done that in like 2 years no matter who we play.

Denver, and Seattle 2 seasons ago, so yeah, 2 years ago.
agarcia34

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiz belongs at LG I can see why they would like him to play Center but if Parson is holding that spot down don't be foolish and not play one of your better offense lineman. And I would say Carlisle should be the one sitting not Wiz.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
When was the last time we won a game on the east coast??

I'd say Pittsburgh in 2009.

That's right! I forgot about that game for some reason. I loved that game. Can't remember being that elated about a victory in almost a decade hahahaha.

Our record on the east coast isn't the best if I'm not forgetting too much more LOL. I just hope.....

Ah, that was the best game I never saw lol. I was in Afghanistan, and I was deployed with a huge Steeler fan. He relentlessly talked trash the entire month leading up to that game. We weren't able to actually watch it, but I got some "intel" that the Raiders had won and I remember calling the dude over the radio. I made it seem like an official call to get him to answer and then I rattled off non-stop until someone much higher ranking than me came over the net and reminded me in a not-so-nice way that that radio was for official use only. Haha! That game was on the dude's birthday. To this day I post a happy Raiders victory anniversary/birthday comment on his Facebook wall.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Combine a stellar defense and a putrid offense and you have your match up. Raiders defense won the game last week and this week they will be matching up against an offense that hasn't even shown it ever had a pulse.

I expect the same thing I saw from the Raiders last week minus the special teams blunders. Raiders have an offense that can grind out yards and a punter that if the ball gets to him can win you the field position game.

It won't be pretty but a 16-13 Raider win is kind of what I would expect.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Per Vittorio

Honestly, I'd go w/ Wiz and LG. He and Veldheer were a run blocking machine on that left side. Keep Parson's at C.

What does Carlisle excel at?

wiz needs to get in there.
if not at center than at lg and move coop back to rg.
parson is major poop at run blocking its pathetic.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiz absolutely needs to play. I don't really care where, but he needs to be in there.

mission27 wrote:
now when i evaluate the attractiveness of a girl literally the first thing that pops into my head is teeth all beacuse of you

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 3 of 44

Jump to: