Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thoughts on Freeman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buccaneer4life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Thoughts on Freeman Reply with quote

He played a decent game yesterday, but theres def room for improvement. Im still not sure if he can be the guy to take us to a Super Bowl. I think he still is staring down his receivers a lil bit and he didnt throw to many yesterday but he does make bad decesions more than I would like. What do you think?
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Freeman Reply with quote

Buccaneer4life wrote:
He played a decent game yesterday, but theres def room for improvement. Im still not sure if he can be the guy to take us to a Super Bowl. I think he still is staring down his receivers a lil bit and he didnt throw to many yesterday but he does make bad decesions more than I would like. What do you think?

E erything you stated is true but he did not do any of that yesterday. I really can't pick any throw he made that was a poor decision. He was on the money with his throws throughout the game and when it wasn't there it was either a check down or placed where it was his guy or incomPletion.

He really did a good job scanning the field and stepping up into the pocket. Watch that TD pass to Williams. He moved the lb with his eyes that freed up Williams to become that open. He did a nice job scanning the field.

Yeah his stats weren't gaudy but the play calling went too conservative. But if Freeman keeps this up and continues to improve he is the right qb for this team. He needs to keep progressing though.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One game doesn't say anything... but he looked good.

I'm glad these threads are kept within our own forum. Laughing
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He scanned the field well, footwork was better and more consistent, was not frustrated, and looked good scrambling/making things happen when pocket broke down.

No complaints from me, but obviously you'd love to see us try and let the offense attack to see if Freeman can put it together for a whole game. But I thought he looked impressive yesterday. His pocket presence, poise, and scrambling ability were big factors in his sophomore success and he looked like he is back to that, and even improved in those areas. His most impressive throw was when the pocket collapsed, he stepped up and threw a dart to Jackson for a 30 yardish gain - brought back due to a holding call. I have always been a big believer in that he can be a Superbowl QB in this league. Hopeful he can be consistent and stay focused.
Buccskis TDskis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeman was cash $ on that first drive, making all the throws he had to. Even on that second drive he was solid. I think once Tampa was up 13 the offense went into vanilla mode and the coaches werent calling anything down field. Also Vjax had 2 really bad drops that could have extended drives.

Next week will be a huge test vs that excellent Gmen d-line but suspect secondary
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
One game doesn't say anything... but he looked good.

I'm glad these threads are kept within our own forum. Laughing

Yeah it's too soon to say if he is back to form, but yesterday was encouraging. I got high hopes for Free. Glad no threads were made in General, too early for that. I saw a Jags fan make a thread about how great Gabbert was..... during preseason Laughing.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looked good out there. More mechanically sound and more decisive. He didn't force the issue...a couple times he would pump it and hold the ball because the throw wasn't there. The dreaded tunnel vision wasn't nearly as much of a problem as it has been in the past. It was an encouraging showing.

I wish that we didn't go into a conservative shell because Freeman has always been a rhythm passer and with his start I felt like he could have thrown for 300+ and complete over 70% of his passes, but at the end of the day he didn't turn the ball and he made good decisions.

I can't wait to see how he does when we open up the offense.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we didn't go conservative in the 2nd quarter on, I believe he could have thrown for at least 250 yards and another touchdown or two. He looked laser sharp that first few drives.

He did next to nothing the rest of the game, but he didn't make any mistakes either, which is basically the best he could do with the offense given to him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looked good, but yes there is a lot of room for improvement. If this coaching staff does what they did week 1 I think we should be fine. We need to build his confidence back up and if we do that by unleashing him little by little each week I think that is going to be the best for his confidence and improvement.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it really isn't a fair question whether Freeman can lead the team to a Super Bowl. Can Alex Smith lead his team to a Super Bowl? Got his team to OT of an NFC Championship and just beat the Pack in GB in week 1. Certainly it helps that Smith has a great defense behind him ( a little more on this point later).

The last six years has proven, any team that gets into the playoff tournament can make a run to the Super Bowl. Do I believe Freeman with a top 12 defense, qualify for the playoffs? Absolutely "yes".

The implication that every Super Bowl winning team needs an elite QB really isn't an absolute. For every Tom Brady and Drew Brees there is Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson who have won Super Bowls.

I believe Freeman is already a better QB then Dilfer, King, and the combo of Griese/Simms. Those QBs had very good defenses (even great) and made the playoffs. I think he is on par with Jeff Garcia.

I don't believe the question of whether Freeman can be considered elite just can't be answered. When Drew Brees was in SD, was he considered elite? Some would argue he was very good because he had the best RB in the league in LT. If Brees would have signed with Miami, would he have become the elite QB he is today under Nick Saban?

I believe an elite QB not only has to be talented, but certainly have excellent coaching also. Certainly I wouldn't consider the coaching staff in Freeman's first three years as elite. It is not an excuse, that is why I need to see him throughout the entire year this year to get a better idea.
manilathrilla1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh looked great out there, and we know he is capable of winning us games in the clutch.

I'm really excited to see the Defense in the back field, and the DB's making plays.

If the Defense can find it's glory days, this team could be a perennial Super Bowl contender. Josh Freeman with a Top 5 defense is money, and NO team in the NFL has as much young talent on D than the BUCs.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh did alot of things that reminded me of Free of 2010...on top of that did more....DRD hit on it, he moved people with his eyes, probably the BIGGEST problem he's had since being in the NFL, staring down receivers

I really think we shut it down early and coasted offensively through the game. The giants have a beat up secondary, just gotta give Freeman enough time. V-Jax is gonna have a HUGE game this week w/Free...I just feel it

My feelings totally on Free as of right now, is Roethlisberger at this same age. Back when he first came in, he didnt have big stats, but led his team to victories.

If Free can do what he did sunday every week, im happy. You'll see more from him throughout the year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: