Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday Thread: Rams vs. Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Week 1 Player of the Week
Brandon Gibson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cortland Finnegan
71%
 71%  [ 23 ]
Janoris Jenkins
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Sam Bradford
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Danny Amendola
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 32

NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
EL Ramster and Jrry32 - thank you for your viewpoint. Its encouraging not having a QB that you are certain is going to embarrass you each week.

lilant2398 wrote:
man reading tthe first few pages of the skins gdt... those are some of the most arrogant ppl ever ...with nothing backing it

Please make sure you remember who those people are and not lump all Redskins' fans (offline or on this forum) in together.

Yeah you'll find that with every fan base there are those that warrant respect and those that don't. Some classy Skins posters on there for sure.

As for RG3 I'd agree with their assessment the future is very bright. He has the vision, arm strength and accuracy of a star. We all know about his mobility that's no question. But he's got to learn to get rid of the ball. Sometimes that's more important than everything else. It will be fun to watch when Shanny frees him up.
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam carved up our defense like he was 2007 Tom Brady. I was very impressed watching him throw/disheartened by all the holes in our secondary. I like Amendola a lot but once you guys get a true #1 outside receiver, your offense is gonna sky rocket. You guys also did a great job of getting to RG3's head and rattling him up a bit. He was very emotional in the 4th quarter and he took a lot of hard hits in this game.

I said it before the game and I stick by it: These two teams have as bright of a future as any team right now. Use those draft picks wisely and good luck this season and beyond. I'm glad we're passed this game and can be friends again. Now gimme my damn sig so I can get these dreaded two weeks over with!! Twisted Evil

mike23md on the sig!
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I dont have to go back a few pages, what happened with Steven Jackson?

I am glad I didnt start him for my fantasy team this week, but Mr. Fisher would have gotten a nice letter from me if I had.

I imagine some punishment for reacting the way he did after he scored... er didnt score... Shocked

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
RamRod

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:

I am glad I didnt start him for my fantasy team this week, but Mr. Fisher would have gotten a nice letter from me if I had.

I imagine some punishment for reacting the way he did after he scored... er didnt score... Shocked

He actually had a groin injury. However, the Rams never reported it, so it was assumed he was benched for the penalty.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:

The official word is a groin strain, and they didnt want to further aggravate it.

But many, including me, still think that is the company line, and Steven was being disciplined for showing up the Refs. As he should have been and it takes a coach like Fisher to have the Balls to do that to the best player on your team. With this disciplinary action combined with the Josh Morgan move in the same game, you can bet that there wont be any Rams players making major Bonehead moves.
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lunatic..
I'm going to watch the game again today..
But Sjax did look hurt/slow.. But Bernie just said
something.. If Sjax was hurt then why wasn't it reported
in the press box? Which again thickens the plot. Either
way if it was true. Got to love how the wheels kept turning.
Also, Sjax was a professional and took it like a man..

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Lunatic..
I'm going to watch the game again today..
But Sjax did look hurt/slow.. But Bernie just said
something.. If Sjax was hurt then why wasn't it reported
in the press box?
Which again thickens the plot. Either
way if it was true. Got to love how the wheels kept turning.
Also, Sjax was a professional and took it like a man..
Yep, thats what sticks out like a sore thumb to me. No one was told of this "Groin Injury" till the post game presser, which Im sure Fisher talked with Jackson before hand.

I dont doubt that his has a sore Groin, but It didnt look like anything close enough to completely take him out of the game. I assume Jax and Fisher talked, the old Dad/Coach speach of "You know why I did what I did? Youre not going to do it again are you? Good, I wont throw you under the Bus, anything hurting alittle? Ok, then we'll call it a groin strain and blame it on that"
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It payed off big time. Just sucks though.. Sjax has been the heart and soul of this team. To see the team win without him must of been a shot to his manhood.

Either way I just read this article yesterday..

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/shanahan-faces-the-man-he-wanted-in/article_d7830034-1b9e-5453-87a1-f0bf75b1d38d.html

Good stuff. Maybe Shannahan helped Fisher pick STL over MIA?
Crazy how Mike thinks the world of Sam.

mozwanted wrote:
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know everyone is high on the Braford train, and Im glad that you all are, but alot of you were just saying 5 quarters of Football ago that it might be time to be looking at Drafting a new QB...

This is always pretty useless to do, because so many things will change with our Lineup and the dynamics of our opponents, but here are Sam's current stats projected out over 16 games:

344/480 - 71.6% Completions
4,064 yards
32 TDs
8 INTs
96 yards rushing

Those numbers would have put him Top 10 in yards, Top 5 in TDs, and Top 5 in INTs. His QB Rating of 112.4 right now puts him at #4 in the league (with both Ryan and Peyton playing tonight, he could end up #2 at the end of this week, unlikely tho). The problem comes in when you project out his Sacks, which with 6 through 2 games would be 48 sacks this season. Thats more than anyone last year, but at the same time less than his per game average a season ago. If he is more like yesterday (moving in the pocket, scrambling) and average 2 per game the rest of the way it would only be 34 which isnt nearly as bad.

Again, I know this is a bit of a futile exercise in futility, but Im just putting into perspective what Sam has done these past 2 weeks.
Wr80

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
I know everyone is high on the Braford train, and Im glad that you all are, but alot of you were just saying 5 quarters of Football ago that it might be time to be looking at Drafting a new QB...

This is always pretty useless to do, because so many things will change with our Lineup and the dynamics of our opponents, but here are Sam's current stats projected out over 16 games:

4,064 yards
32 TDs
8 INTs
96 yards rushing

Those numbers would have put him Top 10 in yards, Top 5 in TDs, and Top 5 in INTs. His QB Rating of 112.4 right now puts him at #4 in the league (with both Ryan and Peyton playing tonight, he could end up #2 at the end of this week, unlikely tho). The problem comes in when you project out his Sacks, which with 6 through 2 games would be 48 sacks this season. Thats more than anyone last year, but at the same time less than his per game average a season ago. If he is more like yesterday (moving in the pocket, scrambling) and average 2 per game the rest of the way it would only be 34 which isnt nearly as bad.

Again, I know this is a bit of a futile exercise in futility, but Im just putting into perspective what Sam has done these past 2 weeks.

It really helps that yesterday that O-Line was really giving Bradford some good time. With an even better O-line he'll really come into being an Elite QB like we drafted him for.
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wr80 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:

4,064 yards
32 TDs
8 INTs
96 yards rushing

It really helps that yesterday that O-Line was really giving Bradford some good time. With an even better O-line he'll really come into being an Elite QB like we drafted him for.

I'm just holding my breath.. But this is the QB we all were salivating for. Every pass on target.. Kid played poised yesterday.

mozwanted wrote:
S-jax39

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think "alot of us" were calling for a new qb, just pointing out Bradfords flaws.

I mean im rewatching the game at the moment and Bradford looks different. HE WAS ACTUALLY MOVING AROUND IN THE POCKET! That play where he ran 20 yards? Beautiful.. Another play this guy was coming right at him, he sidstepped him and threw a strike to amendola.

Still...he hasnt faced great defenses.
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have 52 points in 2 games..

It took us 6 weeks to get 56 LULz.

Sam was 9-9 on 3rd downs yesterday..

mozwanted wrote:
asgardian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, it felt good to be proud of my team. Lord knows it has been a while considering our awful 5 year slump. The refs at the beginning of the game had me raging and I had to take a little cool down from the game for 5 minutes and turn it back on. That was a really fun game to watch despite the shotty refs, I always love to see two teams fighting for it as hard as we and the Redskins were. It got a little chippy but I'm alright with that. On a side note, thank you Josh Morgan.

As much as I know I should want to cheer for the Redskins to fail because we have their draft picks, and I grew up around quite a few arrogant Redskins fans in Richmond, VA, but I can't. They're a fun team to watch and fairly easy to cheer for when they are on tv.

Just a couple random BS thoughts that everyone probably also noticed but whatever...

-Daryl Richardson continues to impress me but Sjax should be in the game on the red zone. Buuut I understand the whole "groin" injury aka benched for slamming the ball.

-Amendola continues to be a boss, love him

-Kendricks is still pretty lackluster

-Our o-line actually surprised by being pretty solid. When Saffold went down I was muttering about every obscenity because I figured Bradford was going to get mauled but they held their ground. I was impressed.

-RG3 is going to be tough in the future but the Redskins have to protect him in some way because he took a beating which leads me to my next point... Quinn played great, overpursued a few times but Trent Williams (I think that's his last name) was looking foolish in pass-pro on him. Long also played well but that's expected now, still should be acknowledged though.

-Gibson played well today too.

-Jenkins was being exposed as the rookie he was in some plays but overall he wasn't terrible.

-Again, Bradford Bradford Bradford... I am a big fanboy of his and I'm happy I wasn't on of the ones to overreact after week one and talk about replacements. I really do fully believe that he will develop into a beast for us. He's had like 3 offensive coordinators in 3 years. I think next he finally puts together his real coming out season. I think he struggles a few this year but still plays well.

-I really want Brockers to be back. I'm curious to see how he plays considering Quinn and Long have been playing so well and Langford is a rock on the line. He could be poised to surprise some people around the league.

Sorry for the randomness, excited about the team.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
We have 52 points in 2 games..

It took us 6 weeks to get 56 LULz.

Sam was 9-9 on 3rd downs yesterday..
That was very reminiscent of his Rookie year, where I believe he actually led the league on 3rd Down completion %

Hes not gonna be flashy, he wont run around like crazy and pull plays out of his you-know-where like Brees, Romo, Favre or McNabb. How many Brady Highlights can you recall in your mind? Marino? Elway outside of the helicopter? Do you remember the Kurt half of the GSOT highlights? Those guys created Highlights for their weapons, they wernt the Highlight. Thats the kind of QB Sam is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 33 of 36

Jump to: