Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday Thread: Rams vs. Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Week 1 Player of the Week
Brandon Gibson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cortland Finnegan
71%
 71%  [ 23 ]
Janoris Jenkins
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Sam Bradford
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Danny Amendola
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 32

jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

And when our non top WR's burn you guys on the field, make sure you take note of that as well.

I'll make sure to keep an eye out for that. Laughing

Quote:
I really want to know, Is all this trash talk just hope that the Skins fail so you guys can get a higher pick or do you really believe all the things you have stated?

No, I actually like the Redskins and like RGIII. This "trash talk" more comes from Redskins fans, like yourself, coming in our forum and talking trash. Don't come talking trash in here if you don't expect trash talk back.

Quote:
I dont see how you guys have all this confidence with all the injuries to your OL, espeically with the pass rush of Orakpo and Kerrigan coming your way. I see that tandem getting at least 5 sacks combined and putting pressure on Bradford all day long.

If it happens, it happens. It is what it is. They're a darn good combo. But I noticed how you never answered my question and got really defensive...

Finnegan is a top 10 CB, where does Garcon rank amongst WRs? If I came into your forum talking about how Rodger Saffold is even with Brian Orakpo, how would you take it?

Quote:
This is the first time I've ever wanted to see the Skins lay a good whooping on a team outside of the Cowboys due to the disrespect that has come our way from you guys.

Disrespect? I remind you that you're in the Rams forum. You came in here to talk about how Garcon is even with Finnegan which is a major stretch and then started talking a whole lot of trash when we countered that point.

Meanwhile, your boy, Dashing, is in here talking about how the Rams only chance at winning is if the Redskins beat themselves and that we should have been blown out by the Lions.

Frankly, I don't give a crud what's being said in your forum. If Rams fans are in there trash talking with you guys, feel free to trash talk them back in there, but to come in here, talk trash and then act like you've been disrespected when we talk trash back...well...that, my friend, is what we like to call a biotch move.

I'm down with the trash talking if that's what you want to do but don't cry foul when you get a taste of your own medicine.

I'll be here during and after the game. So you better bet I'll be here to take shiot if we lose. I always am. I'm a man about it. But don't come in here trashing my team or players on my team if you don't expect to get it back.

Sound fair?

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
maladeen3917

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

And when our non top WR's burn you guys on the field, make sure you take note of that as well.

Quote:
I really want to know, Is all this trash talk just hope that the Skins fail so you guys can get a higher pick or do you really believe all the things you have stated?

No, I actually like the Redskins and like RGIII. This "trash talk" more comes from Redskins fans, like yourself, coming in our forum and talking trash. Don't come talking trash in here if you don't expect trash talk back.

Quote:
I dont see how you guys have all this confidence with all the injuries to your OL, espeically with the pass rush of Orakpo and Kerrigan coming your way. I see that tandem getting at least 5 sacks combined and putting pressure on Bradford all day long.

If it happens, it happens. It is what it is. They're a darn good combo. But I noticed how you never answered my question and got really defensive...

Finnegan is a top 10 CB, where does Garcon rank amongst WRs? If I came into your forum talking about how Rodger Saffold is even with Brian Orakpo, how would you take it?

Quote:
This is the first time I've ever wanted to see the Skins lay a good whooping on a team outside of the Cowboys due to the disrespect that has come our way from you guys.

Disrespect? I remind you that you're in the Rams forum. You came in here to talk about how Garcon is even with Finnegan which is a major stretch and then started talking a whole lot of trash when we countered that point.

Meanwhile, your boy, Dashing, is in here talking about how the Rams only chance at winning is if the Redskins beat themselves and that we should have been blown out by the Lions.

Frankly, I don't give a crud what's being said in your forum. If Rams fans are in there trash talking with you guys, feel free to trash talk them back in there, but to come in here, talk trash and then act like you've been disrespected when we talk trash back...well...that, my friend, is what we like to call a biotch move.

I'm down with the trash talking if that's what you want to do but don't cry foul when you get a taste of your own medicine.

I'll be here during and after the game. So you better bet I'll be here to take shiot if we lose. I always am. I'm a man about it. But don't come in here trashing my team or players on my team if you don't expect to get it back.

Sound fair?

i think i just found my forum "big brother" Applause
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sound fair?

The trash talk I'm referring to all started in the NFL General Forum under the topics Is RG3 the truth and Week 1 Overhype. Guys just bashing our win against the Saints. Coming up with every excuse in the book why we won the game. Many people pointing toward the Saints D as the reason we won oppose to the play of RG3 and our D shutting them down mainly 3 quarters in their own home where I remind you they were 9-0 last year. Then some guys even coming in our Forum talking mess about how you guys will do this and that this week. I wasn't the who made the comment about Finnergan, so I didnt run from your question (Im just not the one who the question was meant for) but to answer It I dont know where to rank Garcon due to the fact I know little about him (as well as Finnergan besides his nasty attitude and toughness on the field witch I like) but I will say RG3 and Garcon have built one hell of a chemistry and seem to be a good combination.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sound fair?

The trash talk I'm referring to all started in the NFL General Forum under the topics Is RG3 the truth and Week 1 Overhype. Guys just bashing our win against the Saints. Coming up with every excuse in the book why we won the game. Many people pointing toward the Saints D as the reason we won oppose to the play of RG3 and our D shutting them down mainly 3 quarters in their own home where I remind you they were 9-0 last year. Then some guys even coming in our Forum talking mess about how you guys will do this and that this week. I wasn't the who made the comment about Finnergan, so I didnt run from your question (Im just not the one who the question was meant for) but to answer It I dont know where to rank Garcon due to the fact I know little about him (as well as Finnergan besides his nasty attitude and toughness on the field witch I like) but I will say RG3 and Garcon have built one hell of a chemistry and seem to be a good combination.

There are a lot worse situations to be in than people making excuses because your rookie QB shined and you guys won your first game against a worthy opponent.

Real talk now, I am interested to see how RGIII plays this week. You guys definitely surprised the Saints and game-planned circles around them. However, Fisher and co. now have film of that offense. They created a pretty solid game-plan for Stafford that confused him and kept him off balance until they went into prevent mode in the end.

I am interested in seeing how RGIII reacts to it. I am a huge fan of his and I like the Skins.

As for the flip side, gotta see how our OL and Bradford do against a strong pass rush. I'm hoping we utilize some boot-legs as well as some quick passing. Maybe even get Givens in there for a couple of deep shots if they're there. Should be a good game and it'll tell a lot about how each of our seasons will go from here on. Good luck.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
iRaMs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I too late for the smack talking party??? Laughing

TorryHolt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh nozz, someone said bad stuff about RGIII. I'm really mad now... Laughing
D9-EM

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol@ Skins fans getting cocky over beating the Saints... A team that lost to the 2-14 Rams last year. Oh yea and Sean Payton was there... LOL And how about this little fackoid.. Our starting QB that game was AJ Feely! Laughing congrats tho. You obviously have yourselves a damn good team. Laughing
footy_29

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First: I think the Redskins are a good team, and I do think that the Saints are being underrated a bit with that loss. Although the Redskins have some work to do with the secondary and OL but have improved depth on the roster and at those positions, and it is depth that has been the Achilles heel for the team for....a very long time.

Second: Some posters just cannot seem to resist themselves - I hope they take my advice and gloat in the Redskins forum if the team wins, and are ready to take the backlash if they lose. Robert Griffin III brings media hype with him, it is to be expected that there will be some overzealous posts/posters.

Third: Good luck with the game. I do believe the Redskins will win, but I believe it will be a close score because of your corners and Long vs. Polumbus.

Fourth: In many ways your roster reminds of the 2011 Redskins, the difference is that you have your QB already - Bradford simply needs more around him to succeed. I predict a lot of competitive games that could go either way because of Fisher's influence, likely ending in a sub .500 record.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
Aside from a few honest fans they think they are unstoppable. Someone said Garcon and Finnigan are even.. Laughing

And dont go in general, where rg3 has been given all of the luck hype.

They are even imo. I believe your argument was Garcon hasnt had a 1000 yard season Laughing . Well,now that hes a number 1.... He did get over 100 in the first quarter of the Saints game. Guess we have to wait and see....

Finnegan is a top 10 CB. Where does Garcon rank amongst the top WRs?

And when our non top WR's burn you guys on the field, make sure you take note of that as well. I really want to know, Is all this trash talk just hope that the Skins fail so you guys can get a higher pick or do you really believe all the things you have stated? I dont see how you guys have all this confidence with all the injuries to your OL, espeically with the pass rush of Orakpo and Kerrigan coming your way. I see that tandem getting at least 5 sacks combined and putting pressure on Bradford all day long. This is the first time I've ever wanted to see the Skins lay a good whooping on a team outside of the Cowboys due to the disrespect that has come our way from you guys.

You guys caught the Saints with their pants down. They didn't know that RIII would be packaging the running plays. You played a team that is missing suspended players and didn't have a sound defense to begin with. It was a well played game by your 'skins, but your getting a little ahead of yourself IMO.

I'd give your defense more credit than your offense for week 1. You'll probably beat us this week, because we can't score points still.

However, you attitude pisses me off. Get out of our forum and go hang out with all the other old fat men that comprise your fan base. Go dress in elderly women's clothing and wear pig noses to get your kicks. But don't come in here and claim Pierre Garcon as a top WR in this league. All he did was jog 80 yards on a blown coverage. That doesn't get you into the Hall of Fame.

I'll sig bet that you guys don't win more than 7 games this year. You got the stones for that?

Oh, and Alfred Morris is a fat, slow, slob of a RB.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, this game will determine one thing.

How often and affective, will the Rams run with S. Jackson and the running game as a group. The Redskins run defense is very good, but we've had problems VS Jackson in the past.

**RAMS GAMEPLAN**
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the Rams can pound the rock & clock, by using S. Jackson. (And maybe give some affective carries to Isaiah Pead & T. Ganaway? Then the Rams will have a shot.

You can win TOP & as well as keep the game close and the fans into it.
As well as protect Bradford and maintain his confidence throughout the game.
Maybe run some playaction, if the protection is good during the game?

The Rams will need to do this to wear down the Redskins Defense and keep RG3 off the field.

If the Rams think that they can start slinging the ball all over the place with Bradford, like Brees tried to do last week?

& Hope the fans at the Edward Jones Dome, will somehow get in the head with this poised rookie in RG3? Be a big mistake!

The front 7 is too good for Washington, to not get sacks or knockdowns on Bradford, if he tries to play an "air it out" type of game.

And we know what happens, when Bradford starts getting flustered.
Now don't we...? Evil or Very Mad

If the Rams can run the rock, control TOP and keep the game close, they will have a shot at closing it out with a win.

Start getting in a "pissing contest with Washington"?
And the Redskins will hang 40 on the Rams for X2 straight weeks.

Rams need to play smart here...Run the ball.

The Redskins are for real... Cool

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
If the Rams can pound the rock & clock, by using S. Jackson. (And maybe give some affective carries to Isaiah Pead & T. Ganaway? Then the Rams will have a shot.

Daryl Richardson will get carries before both of those guys. But if last week is any indication, Jackson will heavily carry the load.
bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One game makes a team "for real" now? Gotcha. I'd let them play a couple more games before claiming they are "for real".

The Redskins could beat us, but Redskins fans are expecting a cake walk and that their team is going to be a no brainer play off team after one week. Laughing

This is getting to cute.

El Ramster on this beaut!
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluesfreak74 wrote:
One game makes a team "for real" now? Gotcha. I'd let them play a couple more games before claiming they are "for real".

The Redskins could beat us, but Redskins fans are expecting a cake walk and that their team is going to be a no brainer play off team after one week. Laughing

This is getting to cute.

No Redskins fans are not. If you want to cherry pick comments from a couple of knuckleheads and judge our entire fanbase than be my guest, however this is not the thinking of the intelligent fan. The Rams have always played us tough, kicked our butts a few times too. The funny thing is I'm pretty level-headed when it comes to football, understand the whole "any given sunday" mantra but a simple google search of St. Louis Rams message boards would lead one too believe you guys recently won the Super Bowl. Please don't sit here and act like Redskins fans are the only ones out of touch with reality, we all have kool-aid drinkers supporting our respective teams.

With all that said I totally respect the Rams, Chris Long is a beast and James L. has become one of the best young LBs in the game. Sammy B. is coming along and the rest of the offense will catch up in due time. I think both of our teams have exciting futures and I honestly see no reason to argue with any of you as you're not anywhere close to a hated rival, I actually wish you guys the best. Good luck on sunday fellas and regardless of the outcome you guys have a great fanbase and a tough team.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang 40? Are the skins the GSOT now?

Also, we will probably have a better time throwing on hall and co then running on your front 7, but whatever.

Last edited by S-jax39 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
footy_29

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
bluesfreak74 wrote:

This is getting to cute.

No Redskins fans are not. If you want to cherry pick comments from a couple of knuckleheads and judge our entire fanbase than be my guest, however this is not the thinking of the intelligent fan. The Rams have always played us tough, kicked our butts a few times too. The funny thing is I'm pretty level-headed when it comes to football, understand the whole "any given sunday" mantra but a simple google search of St. Louis Rams message boards would lead one too believe you guys recently won the Super Bowl. Please don't sit here and act like Redskins fans are the only ones out of touch with reality, we all have kool-aid drinkers supporting our respective teams.

With all that said I totally respect the Rams, Chris Long is a beast and James L. has become one of the best young LBs in the game. Sammy B. is coming along and the rest of the offense will catch up in due time. I think both of our teams have exciting futures and I honestly see no reason to argue with any of you as you're not anywhere close to a hated rival, I actually wish you guys the best. Good luck on sunday fellas and regardless of the outcome you guys have a great fanbase and a tough team.

What he said - there are many quality posters on the Redskins forum, all of them expecting a close match.

...But I still think the Redskins are going to win Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 3 of 36

Jump to: