Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday Thread: Rams vs. Redskins
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Week 1 Player of the Week
Brandon Gibson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cortland Finnegan
71%
 71%  [ 23 ]
Janoris Jenkins
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Sam Bradford
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Danny Amendola
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 32

Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Gameday Thread: Rams vs. Redskins Reply with quote

Rams

VS

Redskins

Okay, I'm getting this one done before I enter my "no days off" week.

Rams...relevant?

As heartbreaking as last week's loss was, it showed that there may be a pulse this season. As fans, we are all aware of how difficult these first 8 games are going to be. That being said, they went toe to toe with one of the most potent offenses in the NFL, holding them to 27 points despite being on the field due to the offense not being able to get anything going til late in the game. I think we can all expect a good amount of progression from this team. I know they have played close games in the past, but I haven't seen a Rams defense play this good since....2006? They were lights out today, with the exception of the 4th quarter when they looked worn down. But still, they didn't make Kevin Smith look like Emmitt Smith albeit Demarco Murray last year. I think we're going to have something to cheer for on Sunday's from now on.

RG3

Yes...the latest rookie craze, already sparking debates of whether or not the Rams should have taken him. (the answer is of course no) Honestly, I don't think any QB could ask for a better debut than what he had, throwing for 340 yards and 2 TD's in the Superdome, going toe to toe with a future HOF QB. Needless to say the Rams better lookout for this guy. I really hope they can keep him on lock, because if not he's going to embarrass them.

Wanted: Running Game

I'm not sure what it was last week, but there was virtually no pulse whatsoever this week besides one real nice run by Richardson and a couple of nice runs by Jackson. It just seemed like as soon as the ball was handed off, Jackson ran into a wall of defenders. I saw a nice running game established in Cincy where BenJarvus Green Ellis didn't really have to do anything fancy, other than just run behind his blockers. That's the kind of running game I want to see. I don't see Jackson or Richardson being Arian Foster, or the Jackson or 2006. At this point, I just want to see positive yardage.

Week 1 Player of the Week

Who gets it?

Brandon Gibson: 4 rec. 51 yards 1 TD
Cortland Finnegan: 10 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 INT, 2 PD, 1 TD
Janoris Jenkins: 6 tackles, 1 PD, 1 INT
Sam Bradford: 17/25, 198 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT
Danny Amendola: 5 rec. 70 yards

My vote definitely went to Finny, hard to argue with a pick 6, not to mention he led the team in tackles.

The following is a message from the NFL Officiating Association

Goodell: I LOVE having replacement refs. It really helps others get the opportunity to become officials at the pro level. After all, you can't have an everlasting supply of refs. It's time to help create power in numbers, and get as many people up to speed with the game as possible. To every business owner out there, I think that having replacements is a great idea, no matter what your profession is. I'm Rodger Goodell, and I approve of this message.

Director: CUT!

Goodell: Okay, I did my part, now where is my payment?

Director: No worries, the bounty was set on Vilma. We'll take him out. Don't you think this is...kinda...hypocritical?

Goodell: Hey, I wanted suspended, and I shall have that suspension...by any means necessary, MWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Meanwhile, at a local Bingo Parlor

Announcer: Hello friends, welcome to Bingo Night! Unfortunately I won't be calling the numbers tonight.

Old Lady: But Ted, we love you!

Announcer: I appreciate the support, but the owners find it necessary to use replacement Bingo callers.

Same Old Lady: But Ted...we love you!

Announcer: Okay, so without further ado, I bring you Fairfield Commentary's finest 1st grade, little Billy Wilson!

Billy: Umm...I gotta go pee.

Announcer: Okay Billly, just hold it in, don't want to keep our seniors waiting! Now get on up there and call those numbers!

*spin*

Billy: Ummm....A...B...C...D...E...F...G...G...G...30

Old Man: St-st-st-stuttering are we?

*spin*

Billy: H...

Old Man 2: There's no H in Bingo!

Old Lady: HIT! You sunk my battleship!

Old Man: Oh lawd, now ya done it sonny, you've caused anarchy!

*2 hours later*

Billy: ....G....32....

Old Man: Come on son, it's game 1! I only have 18 minutes left to live, so let's hurry this up!

Billy: ....O...75...

Old Man 3: BINGO!

Billy: No, wait...74

Old Man 3: AAAAAHHHHHHH!!! You can't take back numbers! Our hearts can't take it!

Vike Daddy: This is the worst game ever...where's my cane?

Meanwhile, at the Supreme Court

Lawyer: So as you can see, your honor, my defendant could not have committed the crime, and is not the self-titled cat burglar, because he cannot spell "cat."

Prosecutor: OBJECTION!

Judge: ...to what?

Prosecutor: This completely arbitrary to Drope vs. Missouri, he's not mentally disabled, he's just...slow... Such implications are highly irrelevant to the case!

Judge: ....ummm...cool. So now what do I do?

Court: AHHHHHH!H!!

Lawyer: Oh no, a replacement judge!?! Ah great, do you even know Plessy vs. Fergusen?

Judge: Sorry, I don't listen to Blues music, also known as "soul twitter." I mean, think about it...every song is constructed with tweets! Instead of a hash tag, they use a harmonica.

Lawyer: ...okay...do you at least know Brown vs. Board of Education?

Meanwhile, at Applebees

Goodell: Well this is great! Vilma is out for 6-8 games, I'm making money, and now I'm saving money by enjoying some chicken poppers! Life is great!

Server: Hello...my name is Lawrence, and I'll be your server for this evening. Is there anything I can get you? Water, Coca-Cola, a knuckle sandwich to your wife's face?

Goodell: Yeah, I'll have a....wait, what?! Abuse to women? ASSAULT?! Are you out of your mind?

Phillips: Sorry, I'm one of those replacement servers. They moved the servers to be replacement cooks. Now all they do is whine. So what'll it be? Maybe I can throw your kids down some stairs?

Goodell: Assault is no laughing matter, that will be a....$5,000 dollar fine!

Phillips: How about a free appetizer?

Goodell: I want to speak to your replacement manager!

Phillips: Okay.... YO, JMAC! COME HERE! SOMEONE WANTS TO SEE YOU!

Russell: Hello? Oh...it's you...

Goodell: Oh great...let me guess, you threw my free appetizer to the wrong table. BA-ZING!

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...

Last edited by Ramsfan28 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Jonezy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our defence can give RG3 some headaches, Dome will be rocking in this one. WE HAVE to play out of the gun a lot more this week

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
maladeen3917

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
I think our defence can give RG3 some headaches, Dome will be rocking in this one. WE HAVE to utilize the bootlegs and rollouts a lot more this week

FIFY
Brodie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnegan did better than I expected, thought he was kind of overrated but last week he made a believer out of me.Their number 1 receiver is Garcon so I dont think the Cbs will have a tough time against their WRs.

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be a tough game, but I think Fisher will have them ready to play after the loss last week. Rams win a close one 23-20 in my opinion.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
Finnegan did better than I expected, thought he was kind of overrated but last week he made a believer out of me.Their number 1 receiver is Garcon so I dont think the Cbs will have a tough time against their WRs.

He is the type of player you hate unless he is on your team then you love him. I think that is were some of the overrated accusations come from because people just don't like him.
El ramster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Brodie wrote:

He is the type of player you hate unless he is on your team then you love him. I think that is were some of the overrated accusations come from because people just don't like him.

Screw that.. He's good at coverage..
I like that.. Didn't know he was very
good at that department... The playmaking
ability shocked me as well Shocked

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
El ramster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janoris Jenkins and Cortland Finnegan may have been the starting cornerbacks for St. Louis, but it was Finnegan and nickel corner Bradley Fletcher who were the most impressive. Fletcher spent most of his time in coverage on Calvin Johnson, limiting the All-Pro to just two receptions for 12 yards while in his coverage. Finneganís game-changing play came with 1:36 remaining in the first half when he undercut a route not in his coverage to take Matthew Staffordís pass the other way for six. Unfortunately for the young duo, the pair at the back end of the secondary (Quintin Mikell and Craig Dahl) counteracted the good work by the corners, allowing 10 of 10 to be completed for 159 yards in their coverage.

Effffffff Dahl man... That cat is just too slow.. Please come back Stewart..
Fletch is a mighty damm fine Corner..

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Janoris Jenkins and Cortland Finnegan may have been the starting cornerbacks for St. Louis, but it was Finnegan and nickel corner Bradley Fletcher who were the most impressive. Fletcher spent most of his time in coverage on Calvin Johnson, limiting the All-Pro to just two receptions for 12 yards while in his coverage. Finneganís game-changing play came with 1:36 remaining in the first half when he undercut a route not in his coverage to take Matthew Staffordís pass the other way for six. Unfortunately for the young duo, the pair at the back end of the secondary (Quintin Mikell and Craig Dahl) counteracted the good work by the corners, allowing 10 of 10 to be completed for 159 yards in their coverage.

Hopefully Fletcher can stay healthy all year and we can get him an extension before he becomes a free agent.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLToday.com wrote:
The injury woes on the offensive line continue to mount for the Rams. Left guard Rokevious Watkins missed Wednesday's practice with an ankle injury and his status is uncertain for Sunday's home opener against Washington. Watkins has been using crutches.

Per Jim Thomas. This could get ugly if Watkins is a no-go as well...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:

Where'd you get this info?

And dude, RF28 Take that old lady out. Can't look at that.
RamRod

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read Rodger Saffold is already back on the practice field but has been limited. Still not sure he'll be ready against Washington though.

Such great news. Especially, after what looked like a very serious injury.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please someone tell me that stewart is back.
El ramster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Where'd you get this info?

And dude, RF28 Take that old lady out. Can't look at that.

PFF my good man..
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/09/11/rams-lions-week-1/

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

Ex #Rams GM Billy Devaney drafted 34 players from 2008-11. 11 still w/ STL. Only 6 starters. 12 already out of NFL. Other 11 on other teams.

Another #Rams note: 2nd-round pick Isaiah Pead has lost No. 2 RB job to Daryl Richardson. Richardson is legit & may keep that job all year.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
Dashing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
I think our defence can give RG3 some headaches, Dome will be rocking in this one. WE HAVE to play out of the gun a lot more this week

I don't think you guys will win but if you did it will be because of turnovers . I dont se the Rams stopping the Redskins on both sides of the ball the Redskins will have to beat them selves.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 1 of 36

Jump to: