Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vladimir Ducasse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Vladimir Ducasse Reply with quote

This went unnoticed amongst all the other things to talk about dealing with yesterday's game, but Ducasse actually rotated in at left guard in the second half.

Here's a description of his performance via Bent from thejetsblog.com...

Quote:
At left guard, it may surprise you to note that Vladimir Ducasse rotated series with Matt Slauson in the second half. If you didnít notice, that shows how far Ducasse has come, because heíd often stick out like a sore thumb when called into action in the past. Unfortunately, because the Steelers controlled the ball for so much of the second half, this limited Ducasse to 10 snaps, so we didnít really get much chance to evaluate him. However, he was clean in six pass pass blocking plays and had a tremendous block (double-teaming with Mangold) to open the hole for Tebowís big run.

Ducasse had also filled in on two first half snaps, although itís unclear whether Slauson, who was in on the first play of that series, was injured. The first of those plays was bottled up, as Ducasseís assignment is to let his man get inside him and then drive him out of the play, with Ferguson kicking his man to the outside and Mangold driving the other right-sided linebacker to the outside and John Conner making a lead block up the middle. Unfortunately, the timing was way off, as Ducasse drove his man laterally, but straight into Conner, while Brandon Moore on the other side also allowed his man to get inside leverage. That was the only play where Ducasse was unable to complete his assignment, but that was more of a team breakdown than him being at fault.

A sign of things to come? He's got tremendous raw ability, perhaps he's starting to put it together. Something to keep an eye on the next few weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting. I wouldn't be upset/surprised if he takes over for Brandon Moore next season. I am happy to see how well he is progressing.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, and we put him in against a good defense. I've been hard on him, but if he can prove that he can take the LG position, I would feel so much better.

I consider tanny lucky with the Oline situation. If Howard didn't step up, our whole line would still look real bad and what happened against the Bills probably would not have been done.

Quote:
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
moham-17

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see something even remotely positive might've come from yesterday's game...
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I watched him in the preseason, he looked good at OG. Some people on twitter were speculating that they were upset with Slauson's run blocking.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He really should have been drafted in the fifth or sixth round considering he was such a project, but it's good to see he may turn out to be an eventual replacement for either Moore or Slauson. Of course, it took until almost the time he'll need to be signed to a second contract to realize any sort of value, but it's nice to see nonetheless.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to post this even before bent did his BGA part 2 because I noticed vlad in during the game and getting a solid push. Hes so raw, he'll start in this league, and it will take some time but he could be very solid at either guard spot.

So those of you who dont read thejetsblog.com, one of their writers re-watches game film and does an excellent job of breaking down each player. Its definitely a good read each week, and lets us notice things that we often oversee or don't notice.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
I was going to post this even before bent did his BGA part 2 because I noticed vlad in during the game and getting a solid push. Hes so raw, he'll start in this league, and it will take some time but he could be very solid at either guard spot.

So those of you who dont read thejetsblog.com, one of their writers re-watches game film and does an excellent job of breaking down each player. Its definitely a good read each week, and lets us notice things that we often oversee or don't notice.

Zelda me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 snap sample size says enough for me to disregard this (for now).
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been hoping that he would be able to come in and be the RG of the future. Since Moore doesn't seem to be what he used to be, I'd rather keep Slauson in the mix, since he's been improving every year.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: