Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: "The Return to Pittsburgh" Jets @ Steelers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that was lost was another pretty good effort on Austin Howards part. I also think that Kendrick Ellis is looking like he is going to be a beast.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
One thing that was lost was another pretty good effort on Austin Howards part. I also think that Kendrick Ellis is looking like he is going to be a beast.

Our DL has been a bright spot this season. Wilkerson, Ellis, Coples, Pouha, and DeVito have all looked great.

I also saw Demario Davis making an impact in limited action yesterday. He was applying a lot of pressure on the play that McIntyre got his first sack.

While most of our secondary was poor, I think Yeremiah Bell and Kyle Wilson had pretty good games. Bell had 10 tackles, including one at the goal line.

I also really like what I see from Robert Malone. He seems to be a major upgrade over T.J. Conley. He has averaged 46.9 yards per punt, a major upgrade over Conley's 42.7 clip from last year. Malone has also kicked a few 55+ yard bombs.
ramsgoooo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Jason smith starting for you guys? And if so how is he playing?

Sorry bout it, Oakland. You can enjoy your 1 playoff win and then get back to losing 85 games next season.

Was said in 2012^^
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
JetFanSince85 wrote:

Our DL has been a bright spot this season. Wilkerson, Ellis, Coples, Pouha, and DeVito have all looked great.

I mean maybe in the run stopping department, but I've been pretty disappointed in the pass rush from them. After hearing all summer about how Wilk was going to be this dominant rusher, I haven't seen him at all really. Coples too, he's only made noise in run defense.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
jetsmarine26

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite the loss, I am encouraged by how accurate Sanchez has looked, and I am hoping it will continue because that is what will put points on the board in the future. Its kinda funny that despite the alleged inaccuracy, PFF actually graded him in the positive for passing.

Upon reviewing the game, I noticed a few things on offense. The first was quite obvious, and it was how much the Jets actually missed Keller. His sheer presence vs. Buffalo, albeit hobbled, was drawing double coverage nearly every play he went out on a passing pattern. This free up a lot of real estate for the receivers that frankly wasn't there against the Steelers. Suffice to say, as bad as the defense played at times, I think the Jets actually missed Keller more than Revis.

Another interesting note, was a slight failure by Sparano to adjust. The Steelers played a lot of press man, which the Jets beat at the beginning of the game, but slowly started to throw their timing off as the game went on. What was absent was the bubble screen except for the end of the game, which would give some like Kerley room and potentially make the corners back off. Another thing that was absent were man-beating crossing routes that take advantage of the traffic to give the WR more separation. The ironic thing is the Jets ran a bunch of them vs. the Bills when they lined up in man, so I'm not terribly sure if this was an error by Sparano, or by Sanchez failing to make a correct read.

Either way, I am encouraged at some of the things I saw from the game and we are once again reminded why Revis and Keller (potentially) make the big bucks, and also the fact that the Steelers are perennial contenders.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsgoooo wrote:

Nope, he's been in occasionally in 6 OL sets, but I can't confirm how he's played.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
ramsgoooo wrote:

Nope, he's been in occasionally in 6 OL sets, but I can't confirm how he's played.

The Jets are actually using him relatively frequently, he's already played 36 snaps on offense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29
Page 29 of 29

Jump to: