Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: "The Return to Pittsburgh" Jets @ Steelers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sitting at the bar with some friends and that 3rd and 16 (the Wallace TD) comes up. I wagered a shot for everyone if the Jets made a stop on that play. Obviously, we get burned for a long TD. The defense's problem is it NEVER MAKES THE BIG STOP. A good, talented defense but antithesis of "clutch". Not that play in particular, but it feels like they can just never get off the field.

And it makes me so mad watching Steelers WR's (even scrubs) catch EVERY pass, even crap throws Ben gives them. Sanchez throws dimes to wide open Jets wideouts and they drop it. Mark gets so little help its ridiculous. Hes not the problem with the Jets.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just so strange to me watching this game now. I know how the game goes, and I just can't believe how the offense literally does nothing after how fantastic they looked for the first and even second possession. I guess you have to credit the Steelers, but it's just crazy to me how they could drop off so significantly.

I kind of thought this game was going to end up a loss, especially without Revis, but I expected a little more out of them.

The Jets absolutely have to win against the Dolphins next week, since I really don't see them beating both San Fran and Houston.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at the very least, the Patriots also lost, so it's still a tie at 1-1.

Would have been nice if the Jets could have capitalized on the Pats laying an egg, but Pittsburgh is always a tough place to go.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
xenajets

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my thoughts on the game yesterday:

I wasnt getting too hyped after the great win against the Bills so im not going to be too defeated even after a poor showing last night.

On defence our lack of a pass rush is quite alarming especially after it was a glaring need heading into the offseason. Im a big fan of Maybin but his speed rush hasnt done much yet this year and Coples hasnt dobe much yet either. Im sure it was Wallaces touchdown on the 3rd 16 pass and Coples wasnt even on the field. Our inabiliy to bring Ben down really pissed me off.
Without Revis our pass defence was beat time and time again, especially on 3rd downs or when we needed to make a stop. We are one of the best run stopping teams in tbe league but speedy backs can cause us trouble.

Offensively we wernt good. After the first two drives were excellent and i was pumped but it soon went down hill. Our running game is not good enough, its the type of decent 3 or 4 yards but with no threat of breaking one off which leads to Sanchez being asked to make the big plays. Hill was shut out but again its far to quick to judge him. Tone had some drops but nothing to worry about too much. I think he will bounce back. Howard pkayed very well i thought, got beat on that one speed rush but hes going uo against one of the best in Woodley.

In my opinion we showed enough even in those two possesions that we can move the ball we juat have to do it more consistantly. If its not broke dont fix it is the phrase that comes to mind, dont put this offense in difficult situations like we did after those two drives in the 1st quarter. Concentration is the biggest thing, no false starts, penalties etc. Next week is a must win game for us and i think we will be okay with Revis and Keller back hopefully!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was out for two days straight working on a film, finally got home ready to watch the game, and I went to sleep. I'm just now waking up. So I'm reading some of yall's comments to get an idea of what exactly happened. I seen very little of the game.

- 4-12 on 3rd downs is never good. Sanchez really missed Keller out there. He was only sacked twice, so pass protection must have been good?

- As long as Holmes score a TD, he never says anything. He's all about his numbers. He was targeted 11 times, and only came out with 3 catches ... against Taylor? horrible.

- Hill being targeted Twice is Horrible,I don't care if he dropped both passes. We still need him involved in the game, and spreading the defense.

- From what I seen, our scheme looked a little different with Revis being out. Coach was probably trying to play safe since Revis was out.

- Running back an OLB are big needs. I love Maybin, but him putting on that weight seem to be slowing him down or something in the pass rushing.

- Yeah, I heard my boy Landry was bad today. I was only seen the play when he almost got the flag for a late hit on brown on the side line.

- Besides the fumble, Kerley still playing well. Keep targeting him.

- Our running backs suck.

- I see Tebow had a nice run. Did he even come back on the field after it?

- I'm feeling a little good about Howard at RT. Only giving up 2 sacks as a team after how bad we looked in preason was good.

- Our run defense seem to have found its place.

- How was Lankster?

Overall, I'm tired of us getting our asses kicked by the Steelers and Ravens. I'm not sure what goes on in Rex's head before we match up those teams, but we can never seem to pull it off.

But the good news is that the Pats loss keeps us at #1 in the division. If we win next week, we will be 2-0 in the divsion. So there is no need to hit the panic button yet. I'm sure things will get better when Revis and Keller get back.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sanchez has complete two passes in the past two hours."

Jim Nantz in the early 4th Quarter, Jets fans refuse to but significant blame comes onto the shoulders of the QB. The intermediate passing game was thrown off by the press coverage. The drops were contested at times, but ultimately a quality QB finds a way to get the team in a rhythm.

Look at Sam Bradford's numbers yesterday, maybe Brian Schottenheimer wasn't the problem?
sandwhich

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets are going to have to figure out what they will do against press coverage, because the Steelers had a lot of success with it. Teams will notice. It's on the WR's to get off the press better, and for Sanchez to recognize it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They let the Steelers Dictate the game.

How can you looks so good the first two drives then do nothing.

Rex was mad after the game, Listen if you go out and draft speed at the WR use it. Throw a jump ball up let your 6-4 WR make a play. Where is the back shoulder pass to beat press coverage, if they are pressing the WR put them in Motion to gat away from it and where is the double move?

Iím tired of this play it close crap.

Look at the 49ers, they realize their D is great and got guys to make plays to help Alex Smith. Take the handcuffs off let Sanchez help the team.

If we miss anymore tackles and sacks Iím going to flip. McIntyre played well. I think him and Davis should be starting OLB on Passing Downs. How they donít blitz Ben with a suspect O-Line is a head scratcher.
Malik

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:

Jim Nantz in the early 4th Quarter, Jets fans refuse to but significant blame comes onto the shoulders of the QB. The intermediate passing game was thrown off by the press coverage. The drops were contested at times, but ultimately a quality QB finds a way to get the team in a rhythm.

Look at Sam Bradford's numbers yesterday, maybe Brian Schottenheimer wasn't the problem?

You are aware that has much more to do with the defenses inability to stop the Steelers and not commit crucial penalties.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:

Steelers D > Redskins D
Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:

That's got to be it. Because it's not like Sanchez looked as comfortable, in complete control and played as well as he's ever did last week or anything.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:

Are you even a Jets fan?

#TeamManfred
green24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaz Schilens was MIA again.

#TeamManfred
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

I keep forgetting he is on the roster.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Heavinsent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

Not surprising at all.

Props to Jamison for the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 28 of 29

Jump to: