Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: "The Return to Pittsburgh" Jets @ Steelers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really need Coples to get on the field and make plays, step his game up! Our pass rush was pretty bad, I hate the soft zone coverage vs short quick passes. Especially when the refs were letting the Steelers hold our WRs for most of the game, we should have played more physical on defense.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF THE JETS PLAY A TEAM WITH A TRADITIONAL QB WE WILL DESTROY HIM.

But if it's anyone that can move we are screwed. To be honest if that was Tom Brady we may have been great. But because it's Big Ben we get beat.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:

But if it's anyone that can move we are screwed. To be honest if that was Tom Brady we may have been great. But because it's Big Ben we get beat.

Well the Broncos defense were able to bring him down several times. I just think that we have a mediocre team and this defense isnt that good. Were a mediocre team. We should still be the dolphins in a tough game, but the niners are going to absolutely murder us.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
TheChad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really tough to make a good team go 0-2, so I wasn't expecting a win. Still, that was an absolutely terrible performance by almost everyone involved.

Did anyone notice if Hill was ever open, or even on the field? After the dropped long pass on our second (I think) drive, I don't think I saw him again.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChad wrote:
It's really tough to make a good team go 0-2, so I wasn't expecting a win. Still, that was an absolutely terrible performance by almost everyone involved.

Did anyone notice if Hill was ever open, or even on the field? After the dropped long pass on our second (I think) drive, I don't think I saw him again.

We didn't really call his number for some reason, at least try to get something down the field this ground and pound ish doesn't win games early in the season

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
green24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
TheChad wrote:

We didn't really call his number for some reason, at least try to get something down the field this ground and pound ish doesn't win games early in the season

If you have a better RB, it could.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

Well the Broncos defense were able to bring him down several times. I just think that we have a mediocre team and this defense isnt that good. Were a mediocre team. We should still be the dolphins in a tough game, but the niners are going to absolutely murder us.

We aren't the Broncos. We don't have that pass rusher like Von Miller or Elvis Dumervil. We have know for a while we can't play mobile QBs. Fitz got us last week with his feet so no sacks. Even though we got Ben 3 times he beat us when it counted on 3rd.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:

Sounds about right. Mobile QBs and quick RBs... our kryptonites. We should be in with a chance against the patriots though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious how Jason Smith has played or if he has at all? Hunter has been forced into the line up both weeks due to injuries and has played well.
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
TheChad wrote:

If you have a better RB, it could.

You do realize the Jets rushed for 90 yards with a 4.1 yds per attempt, compared with the the Steelers who rushed for 66 yards with 2.4 yards per attempt, and identical successful first down rushing attempts at 5 each. The Steelers TOP was 36:36, the Jets 23:24.

All I'm saying is the loss today had nothing to do with the running game.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
Just curious how Jason Smith has played or if he has at all? Hunter has been forced into the line up both weeks due to injuries and has played well.

Smith plays as a TE pretty much, he looked good when I have seen him in protection.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering about Hill, too. He was MIA. We need to use that kid.

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
NY_Jets87

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts on today's game.

1) Our defense probably wouldn't be ranked in the Top 20 without Revis. It was obvious today that our defense missed him more than Pitt missed Troy and Harrison.

2) Shonn Greene should not be our starting running back. I say this because he can not take a hit. He is better suited in a complementary role where he runs against a tired defense in the second half. Leaning on him for a whole game can not and will not ever work (Indy 3 years ago, Denver last year) I have seen him come out of more game. The guy is soft.

3) The loss of Greene today along with the hit Timmons put on Sanchez (illegal) flattened our offense. The hit Clark put on Greene stalled our running game (which helmet to helmet no flag?). The hit Sanchez took definitely screwed him up though he wont admit it. He went on an 0-1000 streak after that.

4) The refs were not a major part but they did not help today.

Mack on the Sig
Rickjets2007

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NY_Jets87 wrote:
My thoughts on today's game.

1) Our defense probably wouldn't be ranked in the Top 20 without Revis. It was obvious today that our defense missed him more than Pitt missed Troy and Harrison.

2) Shonn Greene should not be our starting running back. I say this because he can not take a hit. He is better suited in a complementary role where he runs against a tired defense in the second half. Leaning on him for a whole game can not and will not ever work (Indy 3 years ago, Denver last year) I have seen him come out of more game. The guy is soft.

3) The loss of Greene today along with the hit Timmons put on Sanchez (illegal) flattened our offense. The hit Clark put on Greene stalled our running game (which helmet to helmet no flag?). The hit Sanchez took definitely screwed him up though he wont admit it. He went on an 0-1000 streak after that.

4) The refs were not a major part but they did not help today.

I strongly disagree.

Yes, of course the defense missed Revis. But, our defense is stout. The problem was the offense's inconsistency and inability to sustain drives. When you upside down on time of possesion by more then 10 minutes, your defense gets fatigued. Back to the offense a minute, our recievers dropped a ton of passes which killed drives.

The officiating was poor for both sides period.

Greene is solid if unspectacular. He is not soft. His playstyle makes him susceptible to injury. He looks for contact. That being said we do need another complementary back.

We can beat Pittsburgh imo. We just have to play better and catch the damn ball.
perikirest

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pass rush wasnt actually that bad the problem was trying to tackle a 6'5 260lb man with a hand to the belly.

AAJ Mark Sanchez
1 Torn Labrum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 27 of 29

Jump to: