Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: "The Return to Pittsburgh" Jets @ Steelers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bzane

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the week that the Jets unleash Tebow???
green24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:

Last week was enough unleashing for me. I will be upset every offensive play that Sanchez is not behind center.
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think we have a good matchup against them. If our dbs play well and contain wallace,brown,sanders etc then the steelers arent scoring much. Dwyer wont go anywhere against our run stuffers. Our offense has a good matchup also. The steeler's corners stink. Ike Taylor is overrated and their second string CB is Keenan Lewis, KEENAN LEWIS????? WHO THE HELL IS KEENAN LEWIS???? Hill will destroy him all day. If they decide to put extra coverage on Hill then Holmes and Kerley will destroy them. Adam Schein said it perfectly "If Revis plays, the JETS will win." and it sounds like hes probably gonna play.
moham-17

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
bzane wrote:

Last week was enough unleashing for me. I will be upset every offensive play that Sanchez is not behind center.

+1

I'm convinced the whole Tebow saga was a publicity stunt engineered by Woody...
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I think the Tebow pickup was retarded, I feel like this is the type defense where Tebow could really help us. I think your going to a see a huge mix of Tebow this week. Well see what happens but I could see him throwing the ball one more than one occasion.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
teamorange

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The keys to the game will be scoring 20 points, not turning the ball over and getting to Ben. If we can do that we have a good shot in winning. They aren't going to run the ball against us with their shotty RBs and their porous offensive line.

I would like to see a formation with Tebow and Sanchez behind center in shotgun. That way even if it goes to Tebow they still have to be tentative with the pass
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis' status is starting to concern me. If he's still fogged up at this point, there's no way he's going to be fine by Saturday night.

We really need all hands on deck to beat Pittsburgh, and missing our best player would really hurt our chances.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
green24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
Revis' status is starting to concern me. If he's still fogged up at this point, there's no way he's going to be fine by Saturday night.

We really need all hands on deck to beat Pittsburgh, and missing our best player would really hurt our chances.

If he's out, we really need to sign another CB. We can't have Isaiah Trufant as our #4 CB.
Heet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Harrison will NOT be playing this weekend according to Adam Schefter on Twitter. Now let's hope Mendenhall can't go this week. I also believe Revis has been cleared to play but hasn't practiced yet

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Props Jamison.
Quinton Coples
1 TKL
Melvin Ingram
1 TKL, 1 FF
Davey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:

I don't think his head is feeling foggy anymore, it was just initially when he was hit. He said he was feeling fine as soon as right after the game, which is why reports initially were that he didn't have a concussion at all.

It's just the precaution of making sure he's 100% ready with the zero tolerance approach the NFL wants to take in handling concussion cases.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:

I don't think his head is feeling foggy anymore, it was just initially when he was hit. He said he was feeling fine as soon as right after the game, which is why reports initially were that he didn't have a concussion at all.

It's just the precaution of making sure he's 100% ready with the zero tolerance approach the NFL wants to take in handling concussion cases.

If Revis isn't able to get onto the practice field today, I doubt he'll make the trip to Pittsburgh, which is a BIG problem. I'm not so much worried about Antonio Brown and Mike Wallace, Wilson and Cromartie match up fairly well with them. What really concerns me is Lankster/Trufant trying to cover Emmanuel Sanders.

Another injury to worry about: Keller. If he can't go, we're looking at Cumberland as the starter with Reuland as the backup. Not the best TEs to slow down the Steelers pass rush. That said, it's looking like Harrison and Polumalu will be out, which would REALLY help our cause.
Revis4president

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganggreen1102 wrote:
I actually think we have a good matchup against them. If our dbs play well and contain wallace,brown,sanders etc then the steelers arent scoring much. Dwyer wont go anywhere against our run stuffers. Our offense has a good matchup also. The steeler's corners stink. Ike Taylor is overrated and their second string CB is Keenan Lewis, KEENAN LEWIS????? WHO THE HELL IS KEENAN LEWIS???? Hill will destroy him all day. If they decide to put extra coverage on Hill then Holmes and Kerley will destroy them. Adam Schein said it perfectly "If Revis plays, the JETS will win." and it sounds like hes probably gonna play.

Yo fix your picture bro its to big
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We brought in a TE off the Bears practice squad today. Looks like Keller's out for this one.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple tweets on status.

Quote:
@RichCimini
Rex presser: Revis ruled out for game. #Jets

Quote:
@RichCimini
Dustin Keller and Bryan Thomas also ruled out for game. #Jets

AAJ Mark Sanchez
1 Torn Labrum
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes. Gonna be a tough game, they have great receivers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 2 of 29

Jump to: