Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 GDT: Titans (0-1) vs Chargers (1-0) 9/16 4:25pm EST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Double Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The team sucks. Bummed out, really thought they'd be somewhat competitive this season.

This defense reminds me of the 2006 defense that started 0-5. They do nothing well. Nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
I'm going to try to keep this as clean as possible, but here we go.

Quote:
@jwyattsports

#Titans TE Jared Cook: “Everybody should be pissed. If you are not pissed, you should not be on this team. We're a better team than this."

This is what I want to hear from every goddamn player in that locker room. No more of the "we'll get better" or "it's still early." No. This game was disgusting.

Everyone was willing to write off getting beaten in the seams last week to it being a result of Brady, Gronk and Hernandez. Turns out, Rivers, Rosario and Meachem are an equally formidable duo.

Words can't possibly describe how disappointed I am in Michael Griffin. He has somehow found a way to have gotten worse this offseason, despite taking on a "leadership" role, which frankly makes sense. No wonder why our linebackers dance around with no idea what is going on in pass coverage, clearly they have been listening to the "veteran" of this defense.

I love Cortland Finnegan, but he wasn't responsible for handing out assignments to the linebackers or telling Griff to pull his head out of his [inappropriate/removed]. It's one thing to lose, it's another thing to get beat in the exact same manner two weeks in a row.

I have very little to say about the coaching staff. They got thoroughly and completely outcoached by Norv Turner. That really says it all.

I'm pretty much done with CJ. There comes a point where your $53.5 million running back needs to make a few guys miss and break one. I don't care that the offensive line sucks, and trust me, it really does suck, but for the love of God, do something. Cut up field. Break one. Please. You want Chris Palmer to get you the ball more? Do something with it. You're on pace for 168 yards this season. On 152 carries. At this point I'm not even sure I want to see us hit that carry mark this year.

I hate our offensive line. All of it. Velasco has let me down more than I can possibly explain. Steve Hutchinson is garbage. Leroy Harris wishes he was garbage. David Stewart is trying to take the little momentum we were able to muster today away with his stupid "aggressiveness" that could have very well bought a 15 yard penalty. And Roos, I just don't know. I love the guy but I just don't know.

I am so tired of the officials. I'm not blaming them for this loss, that was clearly a complete team-effort, but just make the right calls. Please. Kamerion Wimbley was demolishing their left tackle all day but was being grasped around the neck and taken down on a consistent basis. And it was called once. The running into the punter non-call killed any chance we had of getting momentum heading into the half. And frankly that should be the easiest call in all of sports? Did he touch the punter? Hmm...well I don't know. Maybe? Oh wait, it was the clearest thing in the history of the world, here comes the flag. Nope.

Locker was awful today. Just horrible. I like the guy and think he still has a bright future, but man, bad decisions and just terrible passes. I have never seen an NFL quarterback play an entire game while demonstrating such a terrible lack of touch. He had one throw where he wound up like he was throwing heat to a catcher only to find out that the target was a crossing Cook who had a little space and was THREE YARDS DOWNFIELD!

I am just so frustrated. I really thought this could be a good team but this was pitiful.

I'll just let Cookie sum it up one more time.
Quote:
@jwyattsports

#Titans TE Jared Cook: “Everybody should be pissed. If you are not pissed, you should not be on this team. We're a better team than this."

This, but with more profanity.

I honestly don't think I've ever been as disappointed in a team than I am right now. This is just a total failure of an organization. It's on EVERYBODY. Coaching staff, FO, every damn player that played a snap.

I thought nothing could beat the feeling I had in 09 after the famous Patriots game, but this surpasses it. Atleast back then we had CJ to look forward to as he was chasing for 2000 yards. I would love for us to just blow up our coaching staff and hire a head coach without ties to the Titans/Oilers organization but we missed that opportunity after we fired Fisher. I'm trying to find some form of optimism but then I realize that we signed Michael Griffin to that terrible contract or that Chris Johnson has completely lost that "something" that made him CJ2k. At this point, the only thing that I can personally look forward to is seeing Jake's progression throughout the year and seeing how our other young guys perform throughout the year (Wright,Brown,Morgan,McCarthy,ect). I haven't been this down for a long time. Crying or Very sad

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
seminoles1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd trade Chris Johnson for James Wilder, Jr. right now without hesitation.

I'd trade Michael Griffin for my sister-in-law right now without hesitation.

I never liked Locker at Washington or as our pick and today did not make me like him any more. I will cheer for this guy because he seems to actually care and such and I want him to be a good QB, but man he was bad today.

The O-Line can just get out. I'd call them into my office and just tell them to leave.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furthering my point that the offense, not the defense was by far the biggest problem in the game:

Quote:
John Glennon ‏@glennonsports

10 of the #Titans' 11 drives today lasted four plays or less.

Oh well.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team blows no heart no fight they jus dont give a damn. Way to ruin the season a d its only week 2

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 8 Tackles 5 Assist 1 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 9 Tackles 4 Assist 1 Sack
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are the worst team in the NFL right now. (No sarcasm, no over-reaction)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
We are the worst team in the NFL right now. (No sarcasm, no over-reaction)

I agree. We've scored 23 points and given up 72 in 2 games. That's pathetic, I don't care who we're playing. I do believe we can turn it around with.....

- Getting Healthy(McCarthy, Marks, Nate, Locker, and Britt)
- Locker getting more comfortable with more experience
- Britt getting back to full speed

I still think we can win 9 games.
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good:
Kendall Wright got his 1st NFL TD.

Bad:
Everything else associated with Titans football between 3:25pm and about 6:30pm CST yesterday.
Replacement refs in every game I watched yesterday. Especially the Redskins and Titan games.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Ockham

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw one play where we had four receivers, and none of them went more than half a yard down field.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
I saw one play where we had four receivers, and none of them went more than half a yard down field.

That play is in the NCAA 13 playbook for Clemson. Doesn't work there either Laughing

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
coleman51

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think we should have started Hasselbeck in the beginning of the season. While no one wanted to admit it, our schedule is too rough for this team to start with. If we went 0-3, 0-4, we could easily plug in Jake Locker to be a spark to this team and move forward. Now, there's no moving backwards. Although we could certainly use Hasselbeck's leadership.

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locker had to feel like he was back in Washington. He was running for his life in the first half. Receivers couldn't hold on to a ball or get open. Then when he does throw a pass he didn't set his feet and sailed it high or short armed it into the dirt.

I still think Locker has all the tools to be a success. We've got to remember he's only had a real QB coach for three years now. He didn't have a real one at Washington until Sarkesian came in.

There are only two things I liked on offense yesterday.
1. Wright's TD.
2. The delayed hand off's to CJ.

I never thought I would miss Mariani this much Sad Reynaud has been flat out horrible on kick returns. He gets the ball 5 yards deep in the endzone and brings it out barely past the ten every time. Someone needs to tell him it's ok to take a knee and get the ball at the twenty.

Hopefully we can get Deuce in there for Harris. Maybe we can try Matthews for Velasco and see what happens. It can't be any worse.

Once Britt and Nate are healthy I think we will see a much better offense. It's hard to run Palmer's offense without getting the ball down the field. We are running a lot of 4 WR sets with DWill, Hawk, Wright and Cook. That just isn't going to get it done. We've just gotta get Britt and Wash back on the field for a whole game and we'll see improvements... I hope.

The next couple weeks might be ugly but we've gotta hang in there. We're a pretty young team.

Ayers, McCarthy, Brown, Mouton, Martin, Solomon, Dawson, R. Johnson, Wright, Morgan, Casey, Klug, Locker.

13 guys who see plenty of snaps that are in their 1st or 2nd year. (Counting Mouton, Morgan and Johnson because of injuries.)

We have a very young defense and inexperienced offense with Locker at the helm. The sky isn't falling, but we've got to get this stuff fixed.
Kendall Wright - 25 catches 223 yards, 3TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
Titansfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we would struggle this season because of our youth movement and the fact we aren't that good but by God I didn't think we would be this bad. There is absolutely no emotion whatsoever, it's sad to see. If I was as bad at my job as Michael Griffin is at his I'd have been sacked ages ago not given a pay rise.

We have absolutely no run game at all. I know Locker is struggling but it's only the guys' second game and he has absolutely no help from the run game. I have never seen a more pathetic rush offence as this shower. No one is respecting the run game (and rightly so) and it's making it even more difficult for Locker.

I haven't given up on this team but there needs to be at least some improvement in both effort and performance next week.

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
-Munch-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the game yesterday. Downloading it right now, but after reading some of the comments in here not sure I even want to watch it.

But I have to, something in me will never give up on this team. Plus I have to see if I agree with what's being said in here.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
I missed the game yesterday. Downloading it right now, but after reading some of the comments in here not sure I even want to watch it.

But I have to, something in me will never give up on this team. Plus I have to see if I agree with what's being said in here.
Good luck man. Someone couldn't pay me to watch that game again.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 12 receptions, 237 yards, 1 touchdown
2. Brian Schwenke, C.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 38 of 39

Jump to: