Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 GDT: Titans (0-1) vs Chargers (1-0) 9/16 4:25pm EST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With as much crap as we give Griff he actually had 18 total tackles today.
Kendall Wright - 6 rec 46 yds 1 TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:

Tackles are a poor statistic to grade a player by...he gave up 7 points and other numerous coverage errors...

Credit him with tackling better than last week, but he stood out in a bad way today not good..
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:

Tackles are a poor statistic to grade a player by...he gave up 7 points and other numerous coverage errors...

Credit him with tackling better than last week, but he stood out in a bad way today not good..

I'm not saying he played well by any means but at least he did better than last week.

Also - This is what I want to hear from our guys.

Quote:
Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports
#Titans TE Jared Cook: “Everybody should be pissed. If you are not pissed, you should not be on this team. We're a better team than this."

Kendall Wright - 6 rec 46 yds 1 TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post game quotes have lost meaning from some of these guys....

I like them to be upset...but at the same time...they have been "upset" and "pissed" before and things are going to "change" only to see the same....

We'll see what happens next week i guess....lol
-Hope-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team is mess. I'm sorry, but that's the most accurate descriptor at this point. We are an absolute mess. We don't have a single player we can count on to play well (or passably, even) week in and week out, we don't have any stars, and our coaching is highly suspect. Bottom line is we look completely overmatched every week, and we'll probably be staring a top 5 pick in the face come April.

I'm honestly just sickened by what we've put out on the field these past two weeks, and I have no faith whatsoever that we can win against anybody. I'll never stop following the Titans, but at this point it's going to be difficult to convince me to watch the games- quite simply, it's not enjoyable in the slightest.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always found reactions like this kinda funny.

Reminds me of 09. "OMG, WE SUCK, NO TALENT OUTSIDE OF CJ, WE'RE NEVER GONNA WIN ANY GAMES" then after the year, everyone expected playoffs in 2010. Laughing
-Hope-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:

Reminds me of 09. "OMG, WE SUCK, NO TALENT OUTSIDE OF CJ, WE'RE NEVER GONNA WIN ANY GAMES" then after the year, everyone expected playoffs in 2010. Laughing

I mean, it's not even a reaction out of anger, though. It's matter of fact. Empirically, it's hard to argue that any other team has had a worse opening two weeks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

I mean, it's not even a reaction out of anger, though. It's matter of fact. Empirically, it's hard to argue that any other team has had a worse opening two weeks.

We're also one of the youngest teams in the NFL. We're just inconsistent. We have plenty of talent.

Ayers has shown a lot. McCarthy will be back soon I'm guessing. Wright has a lot of talent. Verner has been impressive. Locker has had ups and downs, but the talent is there, etc.

My worries right now are:

Running game(CJ and o-line)
Safeties

Past that, I'm not honestly worried. I personally predicted a 1-4 start. We'll be ok. Our front office has drafted well, now we need to start picking up better FAs...Bud screwed that up for us in the off-season, but oh well, [inappropriate/removed] happens. Peyton Manning won't be an FA next year.

Try not to get too frustrated. Believe me, I know it sucks to watch the team lose, but it's not the end of the world. It's a young team, with who I feel is a very good head coach and a FO that can draft extremely well.
VinceYoung1010

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:

yeah c'mon man, it's not that we are being pessimistic it's looking realistically at losing games by the amount that we did, and the way we looked doing it. A lot can change in 15 weeks, but after two games, we look freaking awful in all phases of the game.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say I think I'm one of the biggest Titans Optimistic posters here...

Even I have to say today really drained a lot of hope for the season. We have some brittle players, suspect coaching, inconsistent defense and inexperienced QB play/with no run game.

It's hard to have confidence in the team with that combo...

And now for my weekly "AT LEAST...."

At least.... The Ravens and Patriots loss
VinceYoung1010

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even all of us who expected our team to be in the range of 1-4 to start the season didn't expect the losses to be THAT blatantly bad. I wish Locker would have shown us something, CJ would have maybe had a couple of decent showings, and our defense showing some signs. The only thing I can see right now is that our D looks decent minus a few players (Griffin, Johnson to be specific). I don't even think Mouton has looked that terrible. But then again, the safeties haven't been put in a good position to succeed. Johnson lined up about 20 yards deep on every play, and after a while you're going to have to trust our corners 1 on 1 because otherwise we are going to get gashed up the middle and in the zone. Looking so vanilla and obvious in the first two games has been extremely frustrating, because when we as a forum can accurately point out what have been our problems and weaknesses, you better expect opposing coaches who watch film for a living to know exactly how to attack us, and they have.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:

This isn't '09, though. Back then, we at least HAD a running game for our young quarterback to lean on, and lean on it he did (2,000 yards for CJ).

However...

I also agree that things are likely not as bad as they seem right now. I actually believe that this team is more talented over all than that one was. It's just hard to find a light after these first two games. We look utterly outclassed on both sides of the ball. We could really use a cupcake opponent right about now, but unfortunately, the closest thing to a cupcake opponent in our first 4 games just beat us 38-10. All I'm hoping for right now is that we are simply competitive with our next two opponents.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOneWayRoad wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

This isn't '09, though. Back then, we at least HAD a running game for our young quarterback to lean on, and lean on it he did (2,000 yards for CJ).

However...

I also agree that things are likely not as bad as they seem right now. I actually believe that this team is more talented over all than that one was. It's just hard to find a light after these first two games. We look utterly outclassed on both sides of the ball. We could really use a cupcake opponent right about now, but unfortunately, the closest thing to a cupcake opponent in our first 4 games just beat us 38-10. All I'm hoping for right now is that we are simply competitive with our next two opponents.

Yeah I'm not totally down, just very disappointed in the showing...I thought we'd be more competitive than we were. Chargers aren't a Super Bowl team in my mind and we should have been better than we were...

I still think we could go 10-6. With wins 2 times vs Jags and Colts.....Jets, 1 time against the Texans, Dolphins, Bears, Bills and Vikings.

Not saying those a sure fire wins, but should have a 50-50 chance of winning at least...
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Games like this make me go re-watch old Vince Young 4th quarter comeback highlights

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^ Then remember all the other garbage....

I'd rather remember this........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 36 of 39

Jump to: