Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Vikes defense under Alan Williams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers quarterback Cam Newton posted a career-high 143.4 passer rating, completing 76.9 percent of his passes with three touchdowns, no turnovers, one sack and a 9.3-yard average per completion against a team that played worse than its 29th-placed ranking in pass defense.

Although the Vikings didn’t stop the run very well either (131 yards and two touchdowns), there’s more frustration mounting with the pass defense. Newton went 5-for-5 for 119 yards and a touchdown on third downs.

The Panthers also scored touchdowns on all four trips into the red zone, including a 10-yard reception in which fullback Mike Tolbert broke four tackles.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/227611661.html

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robison: “Seems like we come up with a new theory every week, but I don’t know, man. We’re missing tackles. They’re finding the gaps. We have to make sure that we don’t allow those gaps to open up. We have to get back to fundamental defense. Everybody has to be in their gap and we have to make sure that we play winning football.”

“We’re not playing good ball. Mentally, we’re ready. We come out every week thinking that we’re going to do the things that we’ve always done, smash the run and get after the quarterback.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/227605881.html

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way Williams is coaching this team next year. Mn has talent on defense and its quite clearly not being used appropriately. There is nothing positive about the defense save for maybe the turnovers they have created. I've never seen a defense this useless when needing a big stop on third down or a stop to close a game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the talent beyond the aging DEs and DT that fail to show up on a consistent basis? Smith is a quality safety and Rhodes looks like he may have a solid future, at minimum, but I don't see the wealth of talent you reference...

I see a group of backers that are there to be exposed at any point the offense wants it and a secondary that is just plain bad altogether. Not sure what a new coach is going to do if there isn't more talent supplemented to what's already there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:
Where's the talent beyond the aging DEs and DT that fail to show up on a consistent basis? Smith is a quality safety and Rhodes looks like he may have a solid future, at minimum, but I don't see the wealth of talent you reference...

I see a group of backers that are there to be exposed at any point the offense wants it and a secondary that is just plain bad altogether. Not sure what a new coach is going to do if there isn't more talent supplemented to what's already there.

I said mn has talent that isn't being used properly. Like Rhodes and Sherels not getting more playing time over Robinson. Or Floyd losing reps to Guion.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all starts with our linebackers, who are asked to do things beyond their capabilities as they don't play well in space. We weakened our LB core by moving Erin in the middle, getting worse at MLB and WLB. That's coaching.

The the db's, most are suited for being agressive at the LOS, yet we play scared and softm not using our personell correctly. Josh commits errors all the time, yet he plays on almost all snaps, getting torched easily. There is no accountability. They play the same every single game, no matter what we face.

It's tge wrong philosophy, the scary conservative approach, and a sometimes downright stupid scheme.
since72

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giving up 30+ points a game is pretty brutal.

When your leading tackler in a game is a safety, you got problems.

This year is a train wreck.

I hope Spielman gets some say in who the new coaching staff will be. Zygi has hired coaches that do not get the most out of their players. Childress needed 7 or 8 Pro Bowlers on the team before he could win. Frazier is heading for another 3-13 year. They are not getting the most out of what they have. Like PPC used to say, Tice got more wins with a lot less talent.
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our defense makes every QB looks good. Has beeb like thise before Williams and has actually gotten worse. Heck, even Gabbert had his best game against us.
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys think it's likely you'll resign both Jared Allen and Everson Griffen?
The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Do you guys think it's likely you'll resign both Jared Allen and Everson Griffen?

One or the other but I doubt both.

vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Allen doesn't start showing up, I may concede the support for resigning him and favor giving the job to Griffen.

Allen looks old out there and his only impact full game this year came against one of the worst left tackles in the league.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
If Allen doesn't start showing up, I may concede the support for resigning him and favor giving the job to Griffen.

Allen looks old out there and his only impact full game this year came against one of the worst left tackles in the league.

I've been saying this for awhile. I've been watching him closely as his adoptive father.

Greenway isn't that good either. He's so darn slow. He's been oppurtunistic this year, but players can just run circles around him.

Alan Williams has 11 more weeks until his days are done in Minnesota.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
UpperDecker30

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

As much as I have loved Allen over the years, at this point I would try to trade him for some picks to try and fill all of the holes on the defense. I would hate to see him go, but if they can find somebody desperate for a rental I would do it.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UpperDecker30 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

As much as I have loved Allen over the years, at this point I would try to trade him for some picks to try and fill all of the holes on the defense. I would hate to see him go, but if they can find somebody desperate for a rental I would do it.

yup, I've been typing this, but people don't like it....but it is time.
chuck44

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UpperDecker30 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I agree I love JA ...he has been a great player for us..but he has lost a step or two ....he was supposed to be healthy this year....if he is healthy his decline has started and its time to part ways

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 18 of 27

Jump to: