Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Going East: Arizona Cardinals at New England Patriots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't read that Brady has been abducted or injured or died.

We are too stuffed unless the above happens.

Best case is that the Off shows life and that the D keeps playing well and cuts down on the penalties.

Bring on Week 3 !
rickyp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If our defence can keep them to 20-25 then we're a chance. I loved our defence last week, was really exciting to see them blitzing so often.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyp wrote:
If our defence can keep them to 20-25 then we're a chance. I loved our defence last week, was really exciting to see them blitzing so often.

I don't see the offense putting that much up.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The odds, simply stated, aren't good for the Cards. But, and I mean BUT, if the D can keep it somewhat close going into the fourth and the defense can avoid back-breaking holding call and pass interference calls, who knows? Yes we don't have Warner, but even when we did and had the best WR trio in the NFL in 2008 we were supposed to go into Carolina and get crushed. Not being a Homer, but there's always a chance, especially if NE has a sub-par day.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilson, D-Wash, and Rhodes are gonna have their hands full with Gronk and Hernandez. I could see PP covering Hernandez from time to time.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cardinals worst nightmare. Travelling across the country to the East coast for an early game for the Pats home opener. I don't think the Cards win this one but if they compete hard and work on a few schemes they can still come away winners. Ray Horton and the defense has a huge test and they need that this early in the season.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

127 wrote:
The odds, simply stated, aren't good for the Cards. But, and I mean BUT, if the D can keep it somewhat close going into the fourth and the defense can avoid back-breaking holding call and pass interference calls, who knows? Yes we don't have Warner, but even when we did and had the best WR trio in the NFL in 2008 we were supposed to go into Carolina and get crushed. Not being a Homer, but there's always a chance, especially if NE has a sub-par day.

If we can create 6 turnovers and turn it over just once ourselves I say we win this game. Now about that creating 6 turnovers...

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
127 wrote:

If we can create 6 turnovers and turn it over just once ourselves I say we win this game. Now about that creating 6 turnovers...
...and Special teams putting some points on the board.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're the reason Matt Cassell got paid... Besides this is a 10AM game. What's our record in early East Coast games? Actually no, don't tell me. I just wanna see a solid performance from our D against an elite offense. I'm predicting we get Gronk'd mercilessly, though.

Also why aren't the Pats coming here? They were here in 04' & we went there in 08' right? Four years later we're going to Foxboro again... How do i file a grievance against Goodell? I hear he can be beat these days...

The Rebuild Has Begun...
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, Adam Snyder was asked who he expects to have a breakout game this week...

I'll say Michael Floyd. He's ready. He doesn't have a reception yet in a regular-season game, but I've been watching him, and I think he's going to be the guy.

I for one, would really like to see Floyd get involved this week a bit more. Maybe a quick screen to him and let him out-physical the New England DBs.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
1). Jake Locker as a player isn't any different than Kevin Kolb really, besides the arm strength.
Is this really accurate? I never viewed Kolb as a running threat. Locker had 1939 rush yards [4.3 YPC] in college Kolb had 751 [1.6 YPC]. Locker boasts a 6.7 YPC on the ground so far as a pro to Kolb's 2.4.

Anyway my biggest concern about this game as a Pats fan is that the Cardinals have a much stouter front-7 than the Titans, so they'll be a much bigger test for an OL that still has yet to allay the doubts that were raised about it in preseason [particularly the right side of the line with Sebastian Vollmer not yet 100% and the RG position in flux with Dan Connolly having to be pulled from the Titans game for a possible concussion].

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Also why aren't the Pats coming here? They were here in 04' & we went there in 08' right? Four years later we're going to Foxboro again... How do i file a grievance against Goodell? I hear he can be beat these days...
The league made it so that no east coast team would have to make two separate trips to the west coast in any given year unless there was a bye week preceding one of them. The Pats travel to Seattle later this year.

Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cards signed Rich Ohrnberger? That guy has the funniest twitter feed of any player in the NFL.

http://twitter.com/ohrnberger

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
The league made it so that no east coast team would have to make two separate trips to the west coast in any given year unless there was a bye week preceding one of them. The Pats travel to Seattle later this year.

If that is true then why is the opposite not true. There is more of an impact of going West to East than vice versa. Arizona had four separate trips to the East Coast, none precceded the BYE.

Is this a new rule? We have three East Coast trips this season, but our trip to Atlanta is after the BYE.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.

Last edited by khodder on Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

If that is true then why is the opposite not true. There is more of an impact of going West to East than vice versa. Arizona had four separate trips to the East Coast, none precceded the BYE.

Is this a new rule? We have three East Coast trips this week, but our trip to Atlanta is after the BYE.

Wish I knew.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 2 of 45

Jump to: