Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Bucs @ Giants GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
I have no problem with this but hey I'm a bucs fan and a Schiano fan so maybe my opinion is bias, maybe it's not, but whatever. And who cares if Schiano kneeled down in the carolina game and blah blah, Tom Jackson is an idiot, anyway... Great game to watch.. a few things

The cbs are horrible, the giants carved up this defense like it was nothing, I mean, there was just no resistance whatsoever, aside from a couple series.

Freeman looked pretty good, which is a huge deal

Offensive line looks much improved in the pass blocking, is it because Trueblood was absent?

We gotta get doug martin involved more

Oh and Mike Williams is still pretty horrible

I wouldn't say the CBs were horrible. Ur down to your 5th cb playing nickel isn't very good.

I would say this is on Sheridan too. He kept blitzing the safeties and Eli just made us pay. Big time. After numerous times Cruz and nicks beat wright and Talib he failed to go zone and give them help over the top.

Talib was abused all game, I don't care who he's covering, that shouldn't happen

No doubt. He was awful but you would think Sheridan would have stopped blitzing and gave him help and went zone. Would have been able to help prevent those big plays. Instead he kept blitzing the safeties.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I re-watched the game..

seriously what is wrong with Talib? He got abused hard.

And believe it or not, out of all the stuff he did get called for..he got away with a good 2 PI's and 4 holding calls.....

We should of traded for Jenkins in the offseason..

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
I re-watched the game..

And believe it or not, out of all the stuff he did get called for..he got away with a good 2 PI's and 4 holding calls.....

I wouldn't go that far after a game. Talib is a very good cb and yea he got abused but he's been very good against some of the best Wrs as well.

Sheridan needs to recognize when the giants Wrs were piking up te blitz and our CBS are struggling in man coverage. Don't lutz your safeties.

No coaching adjustments were made at all. That's a huge part of the game. They continued to do what was NOT working. Should have went zone in the 2nd half bc giants Wrs were busting us all day in 1-1 matchups with no safety help. This is what got Sheridan canned in NY. He better learn from this.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our defense was just tired. It's incredibly hard, even for a great athlete like Talib, to keep up with wideouts for that long. At one point in the game we had 8 straight drives end in quick punts...that is not giving the defense any time to really cool down.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
I re-watched the game..

I wouldn't go that far after a game. Talib is a very good cb and yea he got abused but he's been very good against some of the best Wrs as well.

Sheridan needs to recognize when the giants Wrs were piking up te blitz and our CBS are struggling in man coverage. Don't lutz your safeties.

No coaching adjustments were made at all. That's a huge part of the game. They continued to do what was NOT working. Should have went zone in the 2nd half bc giants Wrs were busting us all day in 1-1 matchups with no safety help. This is what got Sheridan canned in NY. He better learn from this.

Why is no one talking about this? I brought this up a few pages back but I guess no one saw it. This was probably 90% of the defensive problem on Sunday. Sheridan's trash and lack of adjustments IS what got him fired after 1 season as Giants DC. Offense can be tweaked and I believe it will. Not worried. We have the players on D. CBs arnt that bad and DL could get more pressure. But, play calling repeatedly killed us. I know its way way early but if this keeps up Schiano has to hole Sheridan accountable, even after 1 season. Any DCs available next offseason? Haha

I mean look at this...

Pass D after 2 games

30. Miami Dolphins: Yards/Game: 313.5 ... Total Yards: 627
31. Washington Redskins: Yards/Game: 313.5 ... Total Yards: 627
32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Yards/Game: 405 ... Total Yards: 801

Smack ^
#FireLovie
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
I re-watched the game..

Why is no one talking about this? I brought this up a few pages back but I guess no one saw it. This was probably 90% of the defensive problem on Sunday. Sheridan's trash and lack of adjustments IS what got him fired after 1 season as Giants DC. Offense can be tweaked and I believe it will. Not worried. We have the players on D. CBs arnt that bad and DL could get more pressure. But, play calling repeatedly killed us. I know its way way early but if this keeps up Schiano has to hole Sheridan accountable, even after 1 season. Any DCs available next offseason? Haha

I mean look at this...

Pass D after 2 games

ook lets slow down a bit here guys, yes it may be on sheridan for the way the pass D has been playing, it may not be, BUT ITS BEEN 2 GAMES Very Happy .. and how we quickly forget that defensive performance against carolina last week.. we're not gonna be perfect, fact is the defense is still much improved after last season(hard to get any worse but still much improved), so let's just give this team more time to figure things out, on offense and defense..

and can we focus on the positive? THIS TEAM IS FUN TO WATCH NOW
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree caddy. Much better team to watch so far but it's ironic.

09-11: slow starts. Better 2nd half finishes.

Under schiano and staff: great starts. Sits on lead and conservative play helps opponent get back into te game.

09-11: good pass defense terrible run defense.

2012: much improved in the run defense. Getting shredded in the secondary.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
I re-watched the game..

I mean look at this...

Pass D after 2 games

ook lets slow down a bit here guys, yes it may be on sheridan for the way the pass D has been playing, it may not be, BUT ITS BEEN 2 GAMES Very Happy .. and how we quickly forget that defensive performance against carolina last week.. we're not gonna be perfect, fact is the defense is still much improved after last season(hard to get any worse but still much improved), so let's just give this team more time to figure things out, on offense and defense..

Before you get too upset at me. Do note that I did say, "I know its way way early." More of my concern just comes from the fact that this stuff got Sheridan fired after 1 year in NYG. There was a reason for that.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
I re-watched the game..

I mean look at this...

Pass D after 2 games

Before you get too upset at me. Do note that I did say, "I know its way way early." More of my concern just comes from the fact that this stuff got Sheridan fired after 1 year in NYG. There was a reason for that.

Ok but still, lets give him a chance

And also good points by RnP about the play calling and TML about the defense being tired... you're right the offense certainly didn't do them any favors by not being on the field very long and giving the D a rest

Another side note, how awesome was the return by Eric Wright? Just a great effort by him and the team by blocking for him
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
Another side note, how awesome was the return by Eric Wright? Just a great effort by him and the team by blocking for him

The interception itself was an amazing, heads up play. He abandoned his blitz and jumped the hot route. Eli made the right read on that play, Wright just made a better read and a helluva play.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

29th ranked offense

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
29th ranked offense

15th ranked scoring offense
20th ranked scoring defense
31st ranked total defense
RoeKG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
29th ranked offense

These rankings mean nothing right now. We're in the bottom 3 of both total offense and defense, yet we won 1 game and put the Giants on the ropes. They reflect very little.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33
Page 33 of 33

Jump to: