Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Bucs @ Giants GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
If we win this game, I'm calling for a playoff spot. Yup. I'll make that jump after week two.

Which is great and all, since I have you guys winning the Division.

I hope you're right.

I tend to be. It's a curse, really. And my penance is failure in video games. Sad

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
One thing I hope we get rid of is dropping 8 guys into coverage and 3 rush the passer. That never works bc Eli will carve us up with all that time bc dbs cannot cover a wr forever. I just think that needs to be scrapped from the book.

Yeah, I feel like every time we did that, Cam just sat back their calmly and fired 20ish yard passes.

This is what Sheridan is known for. When we hired him dont you remember Giants fans saying that he would do this all the time and it was one reasons why their defense was so week that year. Im not to worried about it yet but if it starts losing us games there is going to be a big problem.

Pretty sure he'll make the adjustments needed, obviously would just be stupid to do the same thing if it's not working
RoeKG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
One thing I hope we get rid of is dropping 8 guys into coverage and 3 rush the passer. That never works bc Eli will carve us up with all that time bc dbs cannot cover a wr forever. I just think that needs to be scrapped from the book.

Yeah, I feel like every time we did that, Cam just sat back their calmly and fired 20ish yard passes.

This is what Sheridan is known for. When we hired him dont you remember Giants fans saying that he would do this all the time and it was one reasons why their defense was so week that year. Im not to worried about it yet but if it starts losing us games there is going to be a big problem.

Pretty sure he'll make the adjustments needed, obviously would just be stupid to do the same thing if it's not working

Greg Olson wrote:
What? No you have to stick to the gameplan.

Well hopefully we have better DBs than the Giants did that year, which I think we do as of right now. All of them have a nose for the ball, and our LBs played great last week.

I may be mistaken, but I believe Ahmad Black's INT came off a 3 pass rusher situation.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
If we win this game, I'm calling for a playoff spot. Yup. I'll make that jump after week two.

I always liked you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Greg Olson wrote:
What? No you have to stick to the gameplan.

Well hopefully we have better DBs than the Giants did that year, which I think we do as of right now. All of them have a nose for the ball, and our LBs played great last week.

I may be mistaken, but I believe Ahmad Black's INT came off a 3 pass rusher situation.

We did have a 3 man line, but we also blitzed so it was a 6 man pressure.

I was really pleased with our LBs too. Really good game by that group.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like most have you been saying last week our Offense looked amazing in the first half, and the second half we were just wayyyyy to conservative.

I think we need to let the chain off freeman this week. He needs to come out and put up some numbers. After watching the dallas game, the giants secondary looks very poor. If Rejus Benn could come back this week he could be a sleeper to dominate there 3rd CB. This to me is Freemans game to prove himself.

On Defense, We looked simply amazing last week. Is it just me or does everyone else get nervous every snap Gerald Mccoy plays? I pray that he can stay healthy all year because he was a BEAST week 1. We CANNOT blow any coverages like we did last week. Need to do your job. Communicate.

Prediction: Bucs 14 Giants 24.....I sure hope I'm wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Sullivan may also know the offensive plays and schemes the Giants may use

Vice Versa the Giants may guess correctly what plays Sullivan may give to #5

Also they will know the type of D Bill Sheridan will use - the exact plays he may use
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blaine-stew wrote:

Also they will know the type of D Bill Sheridan will use - the exact plays he may use

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't most of our scheme mimicked te pats offensively ? Just wondering. I thought I heard that in a press conference a few weeks back.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blaine-stew wrote:

Sullivan didn't call their plays, so they probably know little about what plays he will call. Sheridan is the bigger question mark, but hopefully Schiano has his hands in the defense this week.
BBando

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been this excited for a non-season opening game in a while.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we win this game you think we could be a team much like the 49ers of 2011 were? A team that kinda suprised alot of people and came out of nowhere. A team with a rookie former college coach, that plays great defense, fundamentally sound football, and doesnt turn the ball over. I think we can. But we have to win this game to be even considered that.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buccaneer4life wrote:
If we win this game you think we could be a team much like the 49ers of 2011 were? A team that kinda suprised alot of people and came out of nowhere. A team with a rookie former college coach, that plays great defense, fundamentally sound football, and doesnt turn the ball over. I think we can. But we have to win this game to be even considered that.

I knew this was going to be brought up sooner or later with how we won vs. Carolina. To even be considered what you're proposing we first have to make the playoffs. Before that happens we have 15 more games. If we go into the bye 3-1 or 4-0 I could see analysts starting to bring it up considering how tough our first 4 opponents were. But honestly, while there are a lot of similarities between Schiano and Jim Harbaugh and the way they run their teams, they are two completely different coaches and teams and we are in a much tougher division. I hope we do it I really do, but lets just get our feet under us first. I think we are at least 1 more year from being a SB contender like the 49ers were. However, I definitely do see us being a playoff contender.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
Buccaneer4life wrote:

I knew this was going to be brought up sooner or later with how we won vs. Carolina. To even be considered what you're proposing we first have to make the playoffs. Before that happens we have 15 more games. If we go into the bye 3-1 or 4-0 I could see analysts starting to bring it up considering how tough our first 4 opponents were. But honestly, while there are a lot of similarities between Schiano and Jim Harbaugh and the way they run their teams, they are two completely different coaches and teams and we are in a much tougher division. I hope we do it I really do, but lets just get our feet under us first. I think we are at least 1 more year from being a SB contender like the 49ers were. However, I definitely do see us being a playoff contender.

Agreed shorty.

I think a lot of us fellow buc fans are gettin a bit over our heads. In the offseason I did say I see a lot of similarities between us and the niners bc of talent and change of staff. I knew the talent was there but we didn't have te right staff.

I believe this team is going to be one opponents shouldn't take lightly. But it is a long season and injuries are apart of the game. We lack depth at certain positions (DL OL). If we can keep our key players healthy ( McCoy ) we should find success. One week at a time.

Go Bucs!
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so my uncle who works in New York was texting me about football...He's a big steelers fan, but watched the Bucs was impressed...long story short he says, "I guess this would be a bad time to tell you I got offered sideline passes for your teams game this week"

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Sad

So instead ill man my post at BWWs Sad

#TakeTeddy
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

I always liked you.

lol....this

#TakeTeddy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 3 of 33

Jump to: