Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Bucs @ Giants GDT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Week 2: Bucs @ Giants GDT Reply with quote

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/greg-schiano-takes-away-a-lot-of-positives-from-first-win-as-tampa-bay/1250856

Quote:
"I think it all depends on the game. … Who are we trying to beat? And then you look at all three phases. How do we match up personnel wise? And okay, we don't match up so well here, but we do match up here. Where are our advantages and disadvantages? Then you put together a plan accordingly. I don't think you put together an offensive plan independent of your defensive plan independent of your special teams.

"So, we may throw the ball 60 times next week. I do not have an aversion to it. My thing is, what do we need to do to win?"

The Giants pose some interesting challenges. Their DLine is one of the best in the league, their WR corps is up their as well and Eli Manning seems to have hit his stride. They are the reigning Superbowl champions for a reason.

Bucs nation is flying high after this week's win against the Panthers. The defense played fantastic, and in the first half the offense looked like a well oiled machine. The second half was a completely different story as we went into 'keep-away mode". We will need to put more points on the board if we want to come out of New York with a victory.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game will be a real test and reality check for this team. Carolina had some hype, some good players, but the Giants are the big boys of the NFL. If we can play with them, we can play with anyone.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope arellious Benn is active and healthy. He adds another dimension as 3wr for freeman.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what it is all about. Giants have a ton of talent on their team and great coaching. I think not having Joseph might hurt us this game. Giants front 7 can really get after the qb. Free needs to be on point for this one. Are they going to go 0-2 at home to start the season... I hope so.

I think our offense can put up points on their defense. The true test is going to be for our defense. Talib, Wright, Barber, and Barron are really going to get tested this week trying to contain Nicks, Cruz, and Bennett.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very excited to see our team against a top flight opponent. Hope the D can contain the Gmen offense. I like our O against that defense as they can be thrown on.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Cowboys fan here.

I would like you guys to win. I live in Florida. And I have an Autograph from Barber. So, I would take it as a personal thanks if you guys win. Thanks!

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
epicMustache

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to be competitive. As long as there's no Raheem-style blowout and we're in it til the end, I'm more than happy.

New York's defense is susceptible to the pass, so hopefully we can see Free air it out for 300+.

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
nate340

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again this week stopping the run will be big. I want to see our guys flying to the ball like last week. VJax or 19 should be able to have a pretty good day against the Giants secondary. Hopefully we open up the passing part of the playbook more this week.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Coach Greg Schiano said he isn't sure exactly what happened to LeGarrette Blount on Sunday.
Blount briefly went down with an apparent leg injury during the second quarter Sunday and never returned. Schiano emphasized that Blount could have gone back in the game. "I don't know if we're all certain on what's ailing LeGarrette," he said. "He came out of the game and we thought it was his leg. We're not sure. ... I think he's okay." Blount likely has a bruised ego as a result of meager playing time.
Source: Tampa Bay Times Sep 11 - 10:00 AM

Per rotoworkd.com

Could we have seen the last of Blount?
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I hate like I said last week is they had an extra 3 days to prepare for us so their guys will be a little more rested, plus we have to travel to their house..

This game will really be a test just to see how good we are...

When I watched them play Cowboys, I noticed they didn't really get anything going until mid way through the 3rd quarter...so their offense is not unstoppable.

Call me crazy but their D does not scare me. Romo went for over 300 on them and Marray over 100 and I dont think Cowboys have a better o-line than us. Ya they have a great pass rush with their front 4 but to me everyone else is average..

One thing that concerns me is we have to stretch the field. We cannot dink and dunk and expect to win. We have to throw the ball beyond 10 yards. If we dink and dunk all day they wont drop anybody back and it will be a lot easier to stop our run as well as short passes.

Realistically I expect it to be
Giants:28
Bucs: 17

But once again I hope I am wrong.

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Quote:
Coach Greg Schiano said he isn't sure exactly what happened to LeGarrette Blount on Sunday.
Blount briefly went down with an apparent leg injury during the second quarter Sunday and never returned. Schiano emphasized that Blount could have gone back in the game. "I don't know if we're all certain on what's ailing LeGarrette," he said. "He came out of the game and we thought it was his leg. We're not sure. ... I think he's okay." Blount likely has a bruised ego as a result of meager playing time.
Source: Tampa Bay Times Sep 11 - 10:00 AM

Per rotoworkd.com

Could we have seen the last of Blount?

Haha I read that earlier and thought the same thing... he will be trade.

Apparently on Sunday after the game he left the locker room before reporters were allowed in.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its only been 1 week of action, but my honest opinion is that the Giants looked average/good and we looked good/dominant. Maybe the Cowboys are just that good this year, but I just dont get the feeling that the Giants are this unbeatable force that we have to play a perfect game to even have a chance at beating them.

- The Giants DL will be a big factor in this game. We have to give Freeman protection so that he is comfortable in the pocket and Martin lanes to run the ball.

- The Giants are the 1st team we face this year with some seriously good WRs/firepower. Talib, Wright, Barber and Barron will have their work cut out for them. But I trust they can keep it under control.

- Something that will help the DBs. The Giants run game looked anemic against the Cowboys. They are playing the current best run D in the NFL this week. If we keep playing well in run D against a struggling running game, we could make their O 1 dimensional.

- Once again, our WRs have a good matchup on their CBs. We need to keep passing well and our WRs should be able to make a play. This could be vital to us winning this game. Gotta protect Freeman first though.

- Lastly, we have the Giants former QB/WR coach as our OC and their former DC/LB coach as our DC. There are some secrets about the Giants being spread around One Buc that should help, even if just a little, on Sunday.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be another good game. I think our D will hold up but I am not sure how we will do offensively. Giants stopped the Cowboys run for the majority of the game. Its their secondary that did not hold up. With that said, you can't expect big plays when your QB has less than 3 seconds to get a pass off. Our right side spells trouble. We'll need to keep an extra blocker in and we need Trueblood and Larsen to play their game of their life otherwise it'll be hard to score points.
56GiantPens66

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
I know its only been 1 week of action, but my honest opinion is that the Giants looked average/good and we looked good/dominant. Maybe the Cowboys are just that good this year, but I just dont get the feeling that the Giants are this unbeatable force that we have to play a perfect game to even have a chance at beating them.

- The Giants DL will be a big factor in this game. We have to give Freeman protection so that he is comfortable in the pocket and Martin lanes to run the ball.

- The Giants are the 1st team we face this year with some seriously good WRs/firepower. Talib, Wright, Barber and Barron will have their work cut out for them. But I trust they can keep it under control.

- Something that will help the DBs. The Giants run game looked anemic against the Cowboys. They are playing the current best run D in the NFL this week. If we keep playing well in run D against a struggling running game, we could make their O 1 dimensional.

- Once again, our WRs have a good matchup on their CBs. We need to keep passing well and our WRs should be able to make a play. This could be vital to us winning this game. Gotta protect Freeman first though.

- Lastly, we have the Giants former QB/WR coach as our OC and their former DC/LB coach as our DC. There are some secrets about the Giants being spread around One Buc that should help, even if just a little, on Sunday.

Actually Mike Sullivan was just the QB coach,Sean Ryan was the WR coach.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:

Very true. I'd imagine that would help us a ton on defense, but if Sully uses anywhere near the same terminology they used in NY, they'll be able to pick up some things about our offense, as well.

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 1 of 33

Jump to: