Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Oline
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Spencer up.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Chris Spencer up.

The write up is impressive.

It is a major problem when your LG struggles with power like Spencer and your LT is getting walked around.

Essentially the entire side of that line is caving in the pocket.

Spencer to me is the easiest player to replace on the line and still see an improvement. I think Chris Williams or Edwin Williams represents an upgrade and both have multiple starts at the position.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with the Bears offense in Thursday night's 23-10 loss to the Packers wasn't that pass rushers outnumbered pass protectors.

It was that the rushers were superior to the protectors, and the extra blockers often were not where they were needed.

Of the Bears' 35 dropbacks, the Bears blockers outnumbered rushers by two or more 48 percent of the time. But on those plays, the Bears allowed four of their seven sacks and two of their four interceptions.

Offensive line

Grade: 1

In addition to sacking Cutler seven times, the Packers hit him on 14 other plays. Most of that is on the offensive line.

Between penalties and sacks allowed, Webb gave the Packers 33 yards, which is more than any Bears wide receiver gained.

The only offensive lineman who didn't play poorly was right guard Lance Louis.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-0915-film-bears-pompei-chicago--20120915,0,7745480.column
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garza up.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:
Reading through MM90's analysis of Webb's performance it seems that Matthews came at him with a lot more power and speed and a different move set than he faced against the Colts. He can obviously block and does have some talent but these lapses in concentration happen far too often and are capitalized on quickly by a player of Matthews' quality. Going to go out on a limb and say he will have a good game against the Rams, hopefully this performance against the Packers will give him a kick up the backside after Jay yelling at him and I imagine Tice would have had a few words too. Wouldn't be surprised if he's really poor again in a couple of weeks though, such a frustrating player.
Matthews pretty much does the same thing to all tackles. None of them can handle him. But start out running the ball at him and things might be a lot different.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
Reading through MM90's analysis of Webb's performance it seems that Matthews came at him with a lot more power and speed and a different move set than he faced against the Colts. He can obviously block and does have some talent but these lapses in concentration happen far too often and are capitalized on quickly by a player of Matthews' quality. Going to go out on a limb and say he will have a good game against the Rams, hopefully this performance against the Packers will give him a kick up the backside after Jay yelling at him and I imagine Tice would have had a few words too. Wouldn't be surprised if he's really poor again in a couple of weeks though, such a frustrating player.

The problem extends to the fact that Spencer is not dry good at LG.

Webb last week dominated Jerry Hughes a draft bust and then he was exposed.

What happens when we face DeMarcus Ware in the next couple of weeks.
We have to run the ball.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
Why can't we go back to our success last year?! We can put CW in at LG and put spencer as a backup, he hasn't played well so far. The right side of the line seems ok so far. Louis seems to quietly be playing adequate.

Overall this is not a talented group thats the bottom line next year I expect OL as the number 1 position of need.
Or LB?
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
I honestly think we need to have a conversation about Carimi at LT. No matter how you look at it he is our best OT.

LT Carimi
LG E Williams
C Garza
RG Louis
RT C. Williams/ J Scott

I know it throws off what Carimi is doing at RT but we are desperate.
Not going to happen.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis up…if you want to be cheered up about the Oline play you should read it lol.
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Louis up…if you want to be cheered up about the Oline play you should read it lol.

Nice read, interested in seeing Carimi's up there since I heard he had a poor game(didn't get to watch the game). From what it looks like so far the Bears only have two OLmen that might be decent.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabe up…

As a line this week we gave up 4 sacks & 14 pressures…ouch Sad
BEARS24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Gabe up…

As a line this week we gave up 4 sacks & 14 pressures…ouch Sad

Still no excuse for 4 picks, and while it has been said to death by every other Bears poster, but Jay played bad...

That said, O-Line step your game up and you deserve SO much heat so you maybe work harder...

Carrot or stick is getting old...
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys…going to have to wrap this up…with my new shift at work I just don’t have the time to watch through the game the amount of time it takes to do these write ups…I’ll break down a linemen every now and then if they have a good or more than likely terrible game lol.
BEARS24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Sorry guys…going to have to wrap this up…with my new shift at work I just don’t have the time to watch through the game the amount of time it takes to do these write ups…I’ll break down a linemen every now and then if they have a good or more than likely terrible game lol.

Fancy giving me your gamepass account Wink
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEARS24 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Fancy giving me your gamepass account Wink

And get kicked off when they relies it’s being watched from two different IPs on a gameday…no thanks Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: