Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 Steelers Vs. JETS GDT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greene91fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Week 2 Steelers Vs. JETS GDT Reply with quote

Regular Season Week 2
vs.

Where?

When? 16 September 2012 @ 4:25 PM

For your Viewing/Listening Convenience:
Television: Network Television-CBS---DirecTV channel 715
Radio: FM 102.5 WDVE---AM ESPN 970
Kickoff Weekend Recap:
Steelers
Pittsburgh lost a hard fought battle to the new and improved Denver Broncos courtesy of Peyton Manning, Demarius Thomas and Tracy Porter. Manning connected with Thomas on a 71 yard TD reminiscent of the Tebow to Thomas Overtime dagger that sent the Black and Gold home in the first round of the playoffs earlier this year. Roethlisberger's pick six lob to Porter in the 4th quarter spoiled an otherwise solid performance.

Jets
New York faced off against divisional foe Buffalo early Sunday afternoon. Questions going into the game concerning a Sanchez led offense were silenced...for now. NYJ routed Buffalo 48-28 but there were some interesting storylines coming from that game. CJ Spiller rushed for 169 yards on just 14 carries. The JETS defense didn't register a sack against Ryan Fitzpatrick, however they did force him into 3 interceptions.

The Last Time New York and Pittsburgh met:
AFC Championship Game January 23rd, 2011 at Heinz Field. Pitt 24 NYJ 19

AFCN Standings
Baltimore 1-0
Cleveland 0-1
Pittsburgh 0-1
Cincinatti 0-1

Tidbits
Arrow The Mike Tomlin coached Steelers are 16-6 coming off of a loss.
Arrow The Steelers have not started 0-2 since 2002 when they dropped the opener and the second game against New England and Oakland respectively
Arrow The Steelers have won 3 out of the last 5 meetings vs. the Jets, including the playoffs.

Matchups to watch:
Woodley vs. Howard/Smith
New York has had some glaring instability at the Right Tackle position. Towards the end of the pre season, New York traded turnstile tackle Wayne Hunter to the St. Louis Rams for 2009 second overall pick Jason Smith who hasn't lived up to the hype. If Woodley can get in Sanchez's face early and often, this could be a long game for the Jets "O".
Brown, Wallace and Sanders vs. Revis, Cromartie and Wilson
Although New York did not register a sack last weekend, they still came away with three interceptions of Ryan Fitzpatrick of the Bills. If the Steelers give the ball away to New York that many times, it will be a long game! While not an offensive juggernaut historically, if the JETS get enough opportunities they can win the close games.

And of course...

and of course...

Mike Tomlin arrproves!

Thanks Lysar529 for the sig!

"Arguing with some people is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. The more you do it, the more you realize the pig is enjoying it."
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to remove that 1st pic... Webby does not allow pics that revealing.

PM me if you want me to review pics before you post them. I like to review pics of women! Wink

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's early in the week but does anyone know what's the status of Revis who left the Bills game with a mild concussion? It would be a major loss for the Jets if he didn't play and something that the Steelers would definitely need to take advantage of. I imagine since it's considered a "mild" concussion he'll suit up though.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the #87 Sid's sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the steelers take this one. The Bills D looked soft vs the Jets, the Steelers D isn't soft! I expect to see less of the air it out spread you out stuff that broncos used last week.

I also know Clark will play and think Harrison will play. Add those two back to the defense and it changes the whole teams attitude!

Jets- 10
Steelers- 20
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:

PM me if you want me to review pics before you post them. I like to review pics of women! Wink

Yeah...go ahead and remove it.

I saved it.

Cool

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't the title of the topic read jets vs steelers if it is at Heinz field? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:

Shame on you Shame on you Drool Laughing
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still early in the week but the feeling is that Revis will play they said he was fine after the game. I hope you guys are at full strength this weekend. The Bills were hyped up a lot but they are nothing compared to what your team brings to the table. I want to see the Jets put up a solid performance and I want to see if Howard can continue to hold his own at RT.

Hard fought game:

Jets - 24
Steelers - 27

I think the Jets may be full of themselves after that win and won't come in as prepared plus you'll be playing angry after 2 tough losses in Denver
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a stat, 3Rivers will LOVE!!

Vikings and Redskins O-lines allowed just 2 total pressures each in Wk 1. Steelers OL allowed 22 to lead NFL.
3rivers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

22 pressures isn't what we want, yet still looked better than many OL's in recent years Embarassed We need to rebound, but lets not get too down on the OL. Ben had his share of time against 2 top tier speed rushers, I didn't mind the OL for the most part. At least there were some good pockets to pass from , not just ben scrambling all the time etc.

With Legursky , we won't have 2 pressures allowed I assure you. Right now, he is the weak link, and lets hope Foster comes back or perhaps have Gilbert play RG.

Everyone talks about RG3, but sounds like they have the OL in good shape. Shanahan had possibly the best OL in Denver when they had their back to back titles which is no coincidence is it?
3rivers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

might get lucky if Revis is hurt or not 100%. Woodley could have a match in his favor as well and it could be the difference. Then again, the Jets killed the Bills who have a good pass rush and we have none, so lets see Embarassed
grubs10

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I go to Pitt and my roomate the last three years is from Long Island. We are going to the game together. It should get interesting Cool

^Props to jgutowski24 on the Sweet Wiz Style Sig^
SMashMouthMike

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is that? aphrodite?

Thanks Lyasr 529
straight ballin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill going to this game it'll be my first steelers game in pittsburgh!
Any suggestions were to go in pittsburgh while im down there? im goin down saturday so some ideas?
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

straight ballin wrote:
Ill going to this game it'll be my first steelers game in pittsburgh!
Any suggestions were to go in pittsburgh while im down there? im goin down saturday so some ideas?

The waterfront, the incline, walk around South Side. Eat at Capital Grille if you have a thick wallet! Wink Saw Trent Green and Anthony Alibi there before a Dolphins-Steelers game and talked to Jason Allen's mom for a few minutes, so maybe you'll see some Jets players there = TIM TEBOW!! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: