Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dontari Poe's role in Week 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

YOUR Week 2 role for Dontari Poe?
Have Dontari Poe start against the Buffalo Bills at nose tackle with Anthony Toribio as the primary backup.
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Have Anthony Toribio start at nose tackle with Dontari Poe filling the primary role of nickel defender as was gameplanned in the offseason.
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
Other
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

jimmydee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of DJ: Were his drops too shallow last week or was he just not able to get there with the bad wheel. He got thrown "over" several times when a 2 yard deeper drop would have made a difference. Maybe that's the technique, but if it is it didn't work. Thoughts?
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmydee wrote:
Speaking of DJ: Were his drops too shallow last week or was he just not able to get there with the bad wheel. He got thrown "over" several times when a 2 yard deeper drop would have made a difference. Maybe that's the technique, but if it is it didn't work. Thoughts?

He was a beast in the run game and was flowing to the ball really well, so I don't know if it was a case of him not being able to get deep enough or more a case of his zone was too shallow based on the gameplan. Personally, I don't think he was getting deep enough not because he couldn't physically.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
I don't care who starts, but rotate them at NT and also have Poe play as the nickel rusher. So overall, Poe should see more snaps....not only did he play well, but he is the future, so not much reason to do otherwise.

Anyone know how many snaps Poe got on Sunday? I know he's got some good stamina. (Ryk, i'm counting on you for a joke here)

Poe got 36 snaps. Powe got 16.

I would say start Toribio in the base D, and move to Poe in other formations.

Adopt-a-Chief: Brandon Flowers
45 Tackles, 1 sack, 1 Interception, 32 INT yards, 5 PDs
Chiefer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start Poe. Let him find his consistency through on the field play. Toribio has zero starting experience and has bounced around the league, rather the first rounder be in there and learn the ropes now.

A healthy rotation is needed though of course.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Start Poe. Let him find his consistency through on the field play. Toribio has zero starting experience and has bounced around the league, rather the first rounder be in there and learn the ropes now.

Bounced around the league how exactly. IIRC we claimed him of the Packers' PS. End of story. That is rather different front being cut multiple times.

J

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
Chiefer wrote:

Bounced around the league how exactly. IIRC we claimed him of the Packers' PS. End of story. That is rather different front being cut multiple times.

J

I also believe many Packers thought he was one of their best 53, just too many NT's.

I for one don't care who starts, for once there is actually a few guys at a position that I believe would contribute solidly.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:
Chiefer wrote:

J

I also believe many Packers thought he was one of their best 53, just too many NT's.

I for one don't care who starts, for once there is actually a few guys at a position that I believe would contribute solidly.

And there have been several NT's to emerge after years of obscurity. It's nto always the way obviously, but given the learning curve, it's not uncommon to have someone like Aubrayo Franklin be a nobody for 4 years before "bursting" onto the seen. Sione Pouha is another example.

^ryknowssd on the sig
EB29

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Poe to be able to play Dorsey's spot in base D at some point. That way we can use him a lot like Ngata. If he can have even close to that impact it will provide a huge boost to our base d in the pass rush department and possibly even the run game even tho 72 is a beast in that regard. Toribio will play NT no doubt in my mind until he falters

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EB29 wrote:
I want Poe to be able to play Dorsey's spot in base D at some point. That way we can use him a lot like Ngata. If he can have even close to that impact it will provide a huge boost to our base d in the pass rush department and possibly even the run game even tho 72 is a beast in that regard. Toribio will play NT no doubt in my mind until he falters

That is exactly what I was thinking in my clarification of the intended "other". Toribio could serve as our base 3-4 nose tackle and eventually Poe could play base 3-4 defensive end to replace Dorsey and give our line alot of versatility similar to the way Green Bay moved Pickett and Raji around. I could see Poe playing end in the base and sliding in to nose tackle in the nickle package. Not saying Poe is there yet, but an interesting idea to say the least.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EB29 wrote:

This is a great point and I wish I'd made it in the other thread discussing cap room and upcoming Chiefs free agents (Dorsey). In that thread I mentioned we should be able to move on from him because of other players but this one is the really gets me excited.

I hope Toribio can continue the progressions he showed in preseason and open the door to these kind of variations.

edit: ninja'd by nicfre! Razz I'm eating lunch while posting. Arthur Bryants today!
Mikek163

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
EB29 wrote:

That is exactly what I was thinking in my clarification of the intended "other". Toribio could serve as our base 3-4 nose tackle and eventually Poe could play base 3-4 defensive end to replace Dorsey and give our line alot of versatility similar to the way Green Bay moved Pickett and Raji around. I could see Poe playing end in the base and sliding in to nose tackle in the nickle package. Not saying Poe is there yet, but an interesting idea to say the least.

Me and Ryk have had many discussions about the possibility of this happening and we both agreed it would be a great move. There is no doubt in my mind that Pioli was thinking about that as well so that Dorsey now becomes expendable and we can focus on re signing guys like Albert and Jackson (and Bowe)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
Chiefer wrote:

J

Chiefs are currently his 3rd team.

Toribio isn't gonna play this Sunday anyway as he's still limited in practice so keep bring on the Poe Monster. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: