Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Enough is enough and its time for a change! Unleash Pryor!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Django

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all seriousness. Why cant the Raiders use Pryor for some wildcat plays?

I saw Colin Kaepernick for the 49ers gash the Jets. Scored a TD in the red zone.

Again. Just 3 or 4 plays of Pryor wouldnt hurt.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:

I saw Colin Kaepernick for the 49ers gash the Jets. Scored a TD in the red zone.

I've been hoping for the same thing. Its seriously farfectehd to expect him to make an impact as a QB right now, but he can definitely make some plays in the Wildcat. Like you said, just a couple plays a game would be enough.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:

especially in the red zone

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Palmer's main problem is he relies too much of timing. Our wrs get jammed and they can't be where they are supposed to be. There have been lots of times where wrs are open but he doesn't throw to them.

The onus is on the WR to beat jams. If a WR cannot beat a jam then he cannot be considered elite. If the WR eventually gets open and beats the jam more than likely protection has already broken down. The Raiders just aren't that good at MANY positions but we prop them up because we'd no one to root for. There's a reason Hagan has struggled to stick with a team throughout his career yet Raider fans love him and can't figure out why he's so underrated.
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Palmer's main problem is he relies too much of timing. Our wrs get jammed and they can't be where they are supposed to be. There have been lots of times where wrs are open but he doesn't throw to them.

The onus is on the WR to beat jams. If a WR cannot beat a jam then he cannot be considered elite. If the WR eventually gets open and beats the jam more than likely protection has already broken down. The Raiders just aren't that good at MANY positions but we prop them up because we'd no one to root for. There's a reason Hagan has struggled to stick with a team throughout his career yet Raider fans love him and can't figure out why he's so underrated.

agreed.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:

Speculation:
1) Knapp's experience with the wildcat is nil.
2) Pryor views himself as a pocketpasser. Wildcat could be the catalyst for a position switch.
Chali21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Django wrote:

Speculation:
2) Pryor views himself as a pocketpasser. Wildcat could be the catalyst for a position switch.

I think another thing with it is why would you have 3 active QBs when you have a depth problem in the secondary? I feel like we are one injury away from seeing Allen playing Corner.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Chali21 wrote:

+1

And Palmer's problem is he relies on timing? I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure almost all QBs rely on timing more than anything.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Chali21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Chali21 wrote:

+1

And Palmer's problem is he relies on timing? I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure almost all QBs rely on timing more than anything.

I would like to say that he does more when the play breaks down but our line doesn't give him that long. He throw where the receiver should be which isn't bad if when it works..when it doesn't thats where you get your picks like last weeks game, he throw where moore should have been and moore was on the floor. Like I said in another post I'm okay with Palmer this year and even next year. I think this is the acceptance part of depression, I look forward to recovery.
Django

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Django wrote:

Speculation:

I think another thing with it is why would you have 3 active QBs when you have a depth problem in the secondary? I feel like we are one injury away from seeing Allen playing Corner.

Fair points.

I do believe Mike Vick ran some wildcat with Knapp back in ATL his last year.

Pryor has said he wants to play and help out.

So it could be Knapp isnt comfortable with that offense and why waste a spot for a player who is only good for 4-5 plays.

This is why Pryor not being out Leinart hurt his chances imo.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Chali21 wrote:

+1

I would like to say that he does more when the play breaks down but our line doesn't give him that long. He throw where the receiver should be which isn't bad if when it works..when it doesn't thats where you get your picks like last weeks game, he throw where moore should have been and moore was on the floor. Like I said in another post I'm okay with Palmer this year and even next year. I think this is the acceptance part of depression, I look forward to recovery.

Every traditional pocket passer relies on timing. When a WR stumbles going into his break often the result is an interception. Reasonable people who are football knowledgeable understand this. Most of the time if you have a QB who only lets the ball go when the WR is clearly open then said QB will be late with the ball more often than not. Tebow, Kolb and Vince Young are QBs who have struggled with timing. Obviously, Manning is a timing thrower.

Often the argument that is made at this point is for a QB who can extend the play. What extending the play does is that after a certain amount of time (I'm guessing 7 secs +) all coverages break down. What a Tebow-esque QB tries to do is hold on to the ball beyond this threshold in order to be able to NOT be fooled by the coverage disguise. Once the coverage breaks down and pass rush lanes are created then Tebow-time begins.

The problem with this type of football is that it is unsustainable and requires the mental capacity of sandlot football. I believe that the FO excuse for not exploring the wildcat will be/is:

Obviously the team is still learning the techniques required to run the base offense and implementing even an iota of wildcat would be counter-productive at this point.
Injuries. Injuries have prevented the kind of consistency required to build chemistry.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Chali21 wrote:

agreed.

+2. Raider fans grossly overrate the WRs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:

Because they are not the 9ers. They can't block simple run plays.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: