Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greg Knapp is our worst nightmare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmac505

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Sonic Raider wrote:
I really don't think I am ready to say Knapp is a good offensive coordinator and has turned the corner yet. Palmer audibled on every scoring drive and play in the second half. Looked like we went into a power blocking scheme outside of Knapp's ZBS on that McFadden touchdown run.

So who's fault was it McFadden could only average 2.88 yards per carry under the power blocking scheme?

To me the ZBS, is a scheme that is all about the homerun hit. The hole is either there for a big game, or there is nothing.

Where as the PBS, is more a constant 4-5 yards but tougher to hit the homerun with.

Obviously DMC wont see holes as big as his TD run every time, he will only get perfect holes like that a few times a season.

the more the oline gels, the more holes will start opening.
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Sonic Raider wrote:
I really don't think I am ready to say Knapp is a good offensive coordinator and has turned the corner yet. Palmer audibled on every scoring drive and play in the second half. Looked like we went into a power blocking scheme outside of Knapp's ZBS on that McFadden touchdown run.

i honestly thought saunders snuck some old plays in cause this was not your typical knapp type game.

Yup Reeces and DMC where in the I on a power run
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Sonic Raider wrote:

i honestly thought saunders snuck some old plays in cause this was not your typical knapp type game.

Yup Reeces and DMC where in the I on a power run

Ha.... Suggest you go watch the play again. It's a single back formation. Reece is lined up in the slot.

Couldn't be more of a ZBS run. Oline blocked down the line.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmac505 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Sonic Raider wrote:

So who's fault was it McFadden could only average 2.88 yards per carry under the power blocking scheme?

To me the ZBS, is a scheme that is all about the homerun hit. The hole is either there for a big game, or there is nothing.

Where as the PBS, is more a constant 4-5 yards but tougher to hit the homerun with.

Obviously DMC wont see holes as big as his TD run every time, he will only get perfect holes like that a few times a season.

McFadden seemed to hit big runs with ease in the PBS in the last 2 years. He had more 20+ yard runs than anyone over that span aside from CJ2K, and McFadden played in 13 less games! Even still, CJ2K only had one more than McFadden...

Just goes to show 1) how much more explosive he is than anyone else in the league, and 2) how well-suited he was for the PBS. Hopefully with some more time to gel he can get to that level in the ZBS.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
dmac505

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Sonic Raider wrote:

McFadden seemed to hit big runs with ease in the PBS in the last 2 years. He had more 20+ yard runs than anyone over that span aside from CJ2K, and McFadden played in 13 less games! Even still, CJ2K only had one more than McFadden...

Just goes to show 1) how much more explosive he is than anyone else in the league, and 2) how well-suited he was for the PBS. Hopefully with some more time to gel he can get to that level in the ZBS.

yea i was talking about generalities. DMC is obviously better suited for the PBS, but if he continues to work hard, i can see him excelling in ZBS as well.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmac505 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Sonic Raider wrote:

yea i was talking about generalities. DMC is obviously better suited for the PBS, but if he continues to work hard, i can see him excelling in ZBS as well.

Gotcha. Hopefully he can, I think he will be alright. Its just a little disheartening to know how well he plays in the power scheme. Still funny to me how some people don't think McFadden is elite- 22 20+ yard runs in the past 2 years while missing 13 games. 2nd most in the league, haha, dude is scary. I've heard several defenders say he is the last RB they want to face on the field.

La_Vader wrote:
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DMC is better suited for the PBS but he has the tools to succeed in any scheme, he needs to be more patient and allow the hole to open up which could come with more time in the ZBS, obviously the OL has t do its job for that to work.

I'm not concerned with McFadden, he's an elite player, this isn't the DMC from early in his career. With a little time for him and the OL to gel the run game will improve imvho.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious why jones doesn't get more looks. Guy is a speed demon. Would like to see him get a few carries.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Curious why jones doesn't get more looks. Guy is a speed demon. Would like to see him get a few carries.

Maybe the staff really dislikes him? Maaaaaybe they'll draft De'Anthony Thomas in a couple years to be McFadden's backup Wink

La_Vader wrote:
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
DMC is better suited for the PBS but he has the tools to succeed in any scheme, he needs to be more patient and allow the hole to open up which could come with more time in the ZBS, obviously the OL has t do its job for that to work.

I'm not concerned with McFadden, he's an elite player, this isn't the DMC from early in his career. With a little time for him and the OL to gel the run game will improve imvho.

I agree. Being patient isn't his game though. He gets the ball & hits the hole (whether there is one or not) hard.

Even if our OL improves & DMC succeeds in this ZBS, he wouldn't be as successful as he would be if we had the PBS in place in my opinion. It's just not the most suitable scheme for his playing style.

big_palooka wrote:

I've been wondering the same thing. He hasn't even had 1 carry, while Goodson has had 4.

Both will see more touches when the offense gets things going more consistently, I'm sure.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the problem with Jones not getting carries nor do I understand what's so hard to see as to why they aren't giving him looks. Every time he gets near the ball something stupid happens. Usually a fumble, an almost fumble or losing extra yards instead of conceding a minimal loss.

And we had a chance in this last game. Maybe work him in when we need a spark or have no shot in a blowout.

bungleodeon wrote:
Sorry, it's Tuesday and that means I drink.
dmac505

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Sonic Raider wrote:

Gotcha. Hopefully he can, I think he will be alright. Its just a little disheartening to know how well he plays in the power scheme. Still funny to me how some people don't think McFadden is elite- 22 20+ yard runs in the past 2 years while missing 13 games. 2nd most in the league, haha, dude is scary. I've heard several defenders say he is the last RB they want to face on the field.

trust me man i agree.
but with DA being a defensive background, i can see why ZBS is tougher to defend, because all it takes is one play, and the RB is gone because of a huge hole.
It just doesnt fit DMC. But DMC is good enough to excel in it, just not hit 100% of his potential
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

I don't understand it either. Jones is better than Goodson at almost everything except catching and blocking in pass pro I guess.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

I don't understand it either. Jones is better than Goodson at almost everything except catching and blocking in pass pro I guess.

How have you come to the conclusion he is better than Goodson at running the ball?
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

+1 Get this kid the ball! His speed, jukes, and quickness look overwhelming. That botched reverse might have landed him in the doghouse. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 39 of 40

Jump to: