Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greg Knapp is our worst nightmare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
early43

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Best OC ever.

He definitely calls uptempo much better. But Palmer had a lot of audibles this week too.

OL looked to be running more of a hybrid this week. I saw a lot of one on ones.

This too
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Best OC ever.

He definitely calls uptempo much better. But Palmer had a lot of audibles this week too.

That's what it looked like to me as well. A lot less stretch plays and a lot more hit the hole and run downhill.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Best OC ever.

That's what it looked like to me as well. A lot less stretch plays and a lot more hit the hole and run downhill.

Yup. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I think we've produced negative yardage when running the stretch or sweeps outside. Those runs are only effective when you pound the middle.
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like we made adjustments to the offensive line in this game, but I'm still not sold on our ability to run the ball consistently & open holes for McFadden.

Passing does not seem to be a problem. I wasn't worried about passing anyways, because I knew Palmer would take control & find his niche after having a full off season under his belt.

Other than that 64 yard run, there really weren't that many holes or creases for McFadden to run through the rest of the game. Improvement? Definitely. Still needs to get better though. Almost every run play we run, he gets stuffed. I'm eager to play a bad run defense for once to see if we take advantage or not.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
Other than that 64 yard run, there really weren't that many holes or creases for McFadden to run through the rest of the game. Improvement? Definitely. Still needs to get better though. Almost every run play we run, he gets stuffed. I'm eager to play a bad run defense for once to see if we take advantage or not.

There were a few holes and a few that had mediocre (using the term loosely) blocking. But take away DMC's 64 yarder and he had 2.9 ypc. He had a Jamaal Charles kind of game Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:

There were a few holes and a few that had mediocre (using the term loosely) blocking. But take away DMC's 64 yarder and he had 2.9 ypc. He had a Jamaal Charles kind of game Laughing

dmac was def in beast mode.
i almost shed a tear when he stretched out to try to get that td on the goaline after breaking tackles. that was a hell yeah moment Cool

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
SilverNBlackFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not a fan of Greg knapp, but gotta give credit when its due. Finally he let Palmer audible at the LOS, which has always been a strength of his. and we were in a fast uptempo offense the entire second half. I pray we see more of that against denver. Ran less pointless stretch plays and seemed to run a little bit more PBS plays. Got marvel Reece involved. He is a matchup nightmare in the slot. McFadden still doesn't look comfortable in this offense, though. But he popped one early.

All around a great game from the offense.
oak42069

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:

dmac was def in beast mode.
i almost shed a tear when he stretched out to try to get that td on the goaline after breaking tackles. that was a hell yeah moment Cool

yea who wouldnt enjoy that run aside from steeler and maybe afc rival fans.

anyone get a video on that up??
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing we have to remember also is that we were playing from behind the whole time so we didnt really get to chip away at the run game like we would want to.

Happy two keys for the game came through. Audibles and no huddle as someone else mentioned.
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverNBlackFan wrote:
Still not a fan of Greg knapp, but gotta give credit when its due. Finally he let Palmer audible at the LOS, which has always been a strength of his. and we were in a fast uptempo offense the entire second half. I pray we see more of that against denver. Ran less pointless stretch plays and seemed to run a little bit more PBS plays. Got marvel Reece involved. He is a matchup nightmare in the slot. McFadden still doesn't look comfortable in this offense, though. But he popped one early.

He's been letting Palmer audible since week 1.
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
SilverNBlackFan wrote:

I agree. It's a byproduct of a new system. It takes time to get comfortable with the existing plays and aurrounding players. Once the comfort rolls in, then a player is freed up to make reads. Pryor stated the same thing after his week 3 preseason game. It's about having time to read, when the rest of the basic stuff is out of your head.

I think every argument I made before was vindicated this week.

Turnovers created, good field position gained on a few occasions, minimal mistakes and all of a sudden the offense looks alot better. No hideous comedy of errors, and we still have a very thin defense as far as talent.

But when it counted, the full team (all 3 units) stepped up, despite injury (depth), and made the stops when needed and put up the plays and points when needed. Games are won by a combination of all the things that influence a game (not just offense), from all 3 units working together and contributing.
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Raidin wrote:
SilverNBlackFan wrote:

I agree. It's a byproduct of a new system. It takes time to get comfortable with the existing plays and aurrounding players. Once the comfort rolls in, then a player is freed up to make reads. Pryor stated the same thing after his week 3 preseason game. It's about having time to read, when the rest of the basic stuff is out of your head.

Turnovers created, good field position gained on a few occasions, minimal mistakes and all of a sudden the offense looks alot better. No hideous comedy of errors, and we still have a very thin defense as far as talent.

Please. None of that is the difference between executing and not executing. On McFadden's long TD run, that was simply a well executed play. Something the offense didn't do in the previous two weeks. There was an actual rhythm to the offense, and that's because the run game started to work.
dmac505

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Raidin wrote:
SilverNBlackFan wrote:

Please. None of that is the difference between executing and not executing. On McFadden's long TD run, that was simply a well executed play. Something the offense didn't do in the previous two weeks. There was an actual rhythm to the offense, and that's because the run game started to work.

That run was not because of a rhythm, it was simply just executed very well. It was the first run of the game, so lets not say its because the offence had a rhythm, because before that play the O looked the exact same as previous weeks.

When play makers make big plays, It just sparks team. IMO, that run is exactly what the raiders needed. It provided faith in the system.

Turn overs, and good Field position, were a big part of the reason why we won, quite possibly the only reason why we won. Think of all those 3rd downs Palmer completed in the 2nd half... if we were starting inside our 20, he would have needed to have made more plays.
Common sense.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmac505 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Raidin wrote:
SilverNBlackFan wrote:

That run was not because of a rhythm, it was simply just executed very well. It was the first run of the game, so lets not say its because the offence had a rhythm, because before that play the O looked the exact same as previous weeks.

When play makers make big plays, It just sparks team. IMO, that run is exactly what the raiders needed. It provided faith in the system.

Turn overs, and good Field position, were a big part of the reason why we won, quite possibly the only reason why we won. Think of all those 3rd downs Palmer completed in the 2nd half... if we were starting inside our 20, he would have needed to have made more plays.
Common sense.

He wasnt saying that run worked because we were in a rhythm, he said the offense had a rhythm to it- as in for most of the game- due to there being an actual running threat. Even though we didnt get any other big runs, that big one helped the offense for the rest of the game.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
dmac505

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Raidin wrote:
SilverNBlackFan wrote:

Common sense.

He wasnt saying that run worked because we were in a rhythm, he said the offense had a rhythm to it- as in for most of the game- due to there being an actual running threat. Even though we didnt get any other big runs, that big one helped the offense for the rest of the game.

My bad. Read it wrong. I agree Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 37 of 40

Jump to: