Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greg Knapp is our worst nightmare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Django wrote:
TheAutumnWind wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
wtf did he do bad today? play calling was fine.

wr's coulden't get open/turnovers/bad run blocking/. its all on the players today

ANyone else unimpressed with the "almighty" zone blocking run game??? catching out of the backfield Mcfadden was effective but Dmac never got what the zone blocking scheme is known for... cut and big runs!!! like he did last year in the power scheme. As someone stated before... sad that to start off this new era Allen & Reggie made the mistake of picking Knapp... someone call Steve Sarkisian please Twisted Evil

You're trying way too hard.

Doing to much. Do less Laughing Laughing

Also on the offense, execution is a big part of it. There were a number of balls the WRs have to come up with and didn't. At one point Palmer was chewing DHB for not being where he was suppose to on a deep seam pattern. DHB had his man beat and let up.

So it's easy to throw it on Knapp, but if a couple plays hit, it's a different story. Execution is key. Defense executed well, offense needs to buff out and hopefully that will happen w/ Moore back.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Also on the offense, execution is a big part of it. There were a number of balls the WRs have to come up with and didn't. At one point Palmer was chewing DHB for not being where he was suppose to on a deep seam pattern. DHB had his man beat and let up.

So it's easy to throw it on Knapp, but if a couple plays hit, it's a different story. Execution is key. Defense executed well, offense needs to buff out and hopefully that will happen w/ Moore back.

You kinda sound like Trent Dilfer. Yes, there were a few balls dropped by WRs but the ones I remember were all tough catches and were well defensed. And let's be real here, you can't go from run, run, swing pass to heaving it like Knapp did. His offense set itself up to fall.

If you manage to get McFadden 15 carries and he only gets 32 yards, it's on you.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've watched the first half again. I thought we did very well, mixed it up and got the ball down the field pretty easily. We struggled going further though and that's what happens when your two better WRs are out and you have to rely on a rookie and guy who's been here a weak. From watching a bit of the second half we fell short a yard or two and then our punting game killed us.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Man we have chicken little syndrome all over the place. Rolling Eyes

wuz up with ya boy tko jumping offsides when he is right over the ball?

he has to have the record for dt'd going offside. i dont understand. you dont move till the ball is hiked right? that football basics.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Django wrote:
TheAutumnWind wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:

wr's coulden't get open/turnovers/bad run blocking/. its all on the players today

ANyone else unimpressed with the "almighty" zone blocking run game??? catching out of the backfield Mcfadden was effective but Dmac never got what the zone blocking scheme is known for... cut and big runs!!! like he did last year in the power scheme. As someone stated before... sad that to start off this new era Allen & Reggie made the mistake of picking Knapp... someone call Steve Sarkisian please Twisted Evil

i thought it was hella funny last night but then i was hella drunk. but its still funny this morning and im hung over. knapp's game plan was def a sleeper. besides that one redzone drive he sucked. dude is on late 80's techmo bowl level and we the thought AL defensive schemes were out dated lololol

green24 wrote:
Django

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Django wrote:
TheAutumnWind wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:

i thought it was hella funny last night but then i was hella drunk. but its still funny this morning and im hung over. knapp's game plan was def a sleeper. besides that one redzone drive he sucked. dude is on late 80's techmo bowl level and we the thought AL defensive schemes were out dated lololol

Props Laughing
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
i thought it was hella funny last night but then i was hella drunk. but its still funny this morning and im hung over.

Thats what happens when you're not a meme person. If you don't look at memes then they're all funny if you get them.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

You kinda sound like Trent Dilfer. Yes, there were a few balls dropped by WRs but the ones I remember were all tough catches and were well defensed. And let's be real here, you can't go from run, run, swing pass to heaving it like Knapp did. His offense set itself up to fall.

If you manage to get McFadden 15 carries and he only gets 32 yards, it's on you.

I agree. Just playing devil's advocate more than anything.

It's odd they never got the TEs involved until late in the game. Even Reece was hardly involved. Acted like an OC who didn't understand how to create mismatches.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

It's odd they never got the TEs involved until late in the game. Even Reece was hardly involved. Acted like an OC who didn't understand how to create mismatches.

we have a winner!!!!!

exactly. with our personnel its easy to create mismatches even without ford or moore. we suck hella bad in the redzone.........just like in the preseason.

green24 wrote:
Django

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
i thought it was hella funny last night but then i was hella drunk. but its still funny this morning and im hung over.

Thats what happens when you're not a meme person. If you don't look at memes then they're all funny if you get them.

Hey Im trying here Crying or Very sad

[/img]
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Hey Im trying here Crying or Very sad

[/img]

less is more braj. in a lot of things in life

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

we have a winner!!!!!

exactly. with our personnel its easy to create mismatches even without ford or moore. we suck hella bad in the redzone.........just like in the preseason.

Weren't we only in the redzone three times, and got a TD once and fumbled the other time? The time before the half could've been a TD if we had more time. I wouldn't quite say "sucked hella bad" yet.
G

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was expected when he was hired.
Knapp's Offense is for ball control with a good Defense. Hence why he was hired. Think old Parcells Giants or Pittsburg's 'ground and pound' a few years back with Bettis.
I think we just need to go no huddle or 2 min Offense as we looked better with the sense of urgency. The plays are there, just didn't use them soon enough.
Special Teams did more damage than anything, yet we had a shot at the very end at least is good as the team didn't give up.
TKO needs to get his head right on the false starts and play til the wistle when jumping offsides.

Overall I was pissed to lose a game we could have won looking back...
However DMC will wear down if we keep doing what I saw last night. Use the other playmakers and test the D.
Knapp will be judged on his changes from week to week, but Raiders fans will call for his head because we've run big play Offense even when we didn't have the talent. Laughing
SilverNBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our ofrense taking a big step back is the main reason I didn't think we'd get better this year. Greg Knapp is horrible. Always has been, always will be. His offenses are bland and boring, and he doesn't have a clue how to exploit mismatches. When Moore and Ford come back things should get a lot better, but we'll never reach our full potential on offense.as long as he's here.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

we have a winner!!!!!

Weren't we only in the redzone three times, and got a TD once and fumbled the other time? The time before the half could've been a TD if we had more time. I wouldn't quite say "sucked hella bad" yet.

Exactly.
You have to get 1st downs before you even get in the red zone a majority of the time. We did that and took a lot of time off the clock.Its not as flashy but it was working. There was no reason to change it last night. Penalties and turnovers killed the drives.

Not saying Knapp is greatest OC ever. Just saying we need to see a better executed product before making judgements. Heck we had 21 1st downs to SD's 15 in which I am sure we gave 2 or 3 of them with a penalty. Had we kept doing that and they stopped us repeatdley with their defense alone then I would be more worried. But the way I see it we would have easily won without the turnovers and long snapping issues.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 3 of 40

Jump to: