Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greg Knapp is our worst nightmare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way too conservative for my liking. He plays not to lose with low risk throws, and what do we do? lose.

Of course this loss is on the special teams miscues, but even without those, our offense lacked any big plays.

We don't have the personnel for Knapp's "schemes". We have BIG PLAY players all over the field, so why don't we go for BIG PLAYS!!! How Knapp does not realize this shows how much of an idiot he truly is.

And honestly, if Leinart was our starting QB, this offense would be good for him. But for Palmer, we are really limiting what our offense is capable of. Palmer is intermediate/deep route passing QB. This isn't even his style of play and he's forced to do rollouts and quick 2 yard passes. I'm very dissappointed in Knapp, but can't say I expected anything less lol.

*Cue all the "OVERREACTION" posters.

You can call it an overreaction, but it's evident how much Knapp has crippled our offense's explosiveness with his conservative play calling.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
PSN: KDubBallin
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man we have chicken little syndrome all over the place. Rolling Eyes

Raider X hooked me with the sig
dante9876

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:

What does this mean?
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

What does this mean?

Chicken Little thought the sky was falling when an acorn fell on its head. So he's saying people here think the Raiders are going to be horrible or their OC is a bumbling fool because they had 1 bad game.
dante9876

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

What does this mean?

Chicken Little thought the sky was falling when an acorn fell on its head. So he's saying people here think the Raiders are going to be horrible or their OC is a bumbling fool because they had 1 bad game.

Lol I know what he was referring. I just didnt think it was really happening in here. well except one poster. But he is $$$ so that dont really count.
Darbsk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
Way too conservative for my liking. He plays not to lose with low risk throws, and what do we do? lose.

Of course this loss is on the special teams miscues, but even without those, our offense lacked any big plays.

We don't have the personnel for Knapp's "schemes". We have BIG PLAY players all over the field, so why don't we go for BIG PLAYS!!! How Knapp does not realize this shows how much of an idiot he truly is.
And honestly, if Leinart was our starting QB, this offense would be good for him. But for Palmer, we are really limiting what our offense is capable of. Palmer is intermediate/deep route passing QB. This isn't even his style of play and he's forced to do rollouts and quick 2 yard passes. I'm very dissappointed in Knapp, but can't say I expected anything less lol.

*Cue all the "OVERREACTION" posters.

You can call it an overreaction, but it's evident how much Knapp has crippled our offense's explosiveness with his conservative play calling.

Of course for this game Ford and Moore were missing which probably limited the big play potential, however i do agree in part with the point you're making especially when our starting field position was often poor.

We didn't make the Chargers have to improvise or guess on defense, they just sat back, let us take the short passes and kept our recievers in front of them so i think after a couple of series everyone knew what was coming....................When we trusted Myers towards the end we seemed to open the field a little and was suprised at how little we used Reece.

However, Palmer and Knapp didn't lose us that game, basic errors and special teams did. Also we seemed to drop every 50/50 pass, you have to make a few of those especially as we were struggling on ST. To give a team like the Chargers and an elite QB like Rivers repeatedly great field position and deny them time after time was great defence which really kept us in there.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:

+1

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Keleth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Greg Knapp is our worst nightmare Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
Everyone was so quick to run
Hue Jackson out of town but
In
2010 and 2011
Our offense was exciting and was one of the hight scoring offenses in the NFL not scared of being aggressive and going for it

I don't recall anyone on this board saying that Jackson was a bad OC.Many like me said he couldn't cut it as a HC but was a good OC.
bitty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my problem with is Knapp is you have to go deep to open up the running game and the underneath stuff. There was no adjustments when San Diego started running that zone so close to the line of scrimmage to stop the underneath stuff.

Never run another draw-play it never works I can't remember the last time I saw it work.

How about moving the pocket to slow down the rush.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure I would have liked to see more runs and more deep passes. But I thought we did a good job of taking what they gave us and not forcing the issue. Some dropped passes, the Streater fumble in the end zone opening drive, and sitting at 2 and 32 after the reece/jones fumble is really what killed us. Streater and Hagan got a lot of game experience tonight. Especially Streater. I am glad the kid bounced back and got a TD and 2pt conversion. BTW I dont remember the last time we converted for 2pts successfully.
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The crazy part about McFadden having 13 catches is that he was thrown to almost 20 times because that doesn't take into account incompletions. Shocked

Greg Knapp is clueless. He has no idea how to compliment the running game with vertical passing. The offense picking up 80 yards and TD on their last drive just padded the stats of what was a terrible night. I can't believe that's how we opened the season.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offense will take shape over time. Remember, this is the first run through in game time. There will be tweaks, things will be done to play into strengths of others, we were out 2 WRs that game who stretch the field best, I mean it's not against the law to be rational and actually think about something rather than just go nuts spouting off nonsense.

PM sig requests.
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a feeling the cry babies would be out in force. Laughing
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knapp wants to run a Houston-esque WCO. That is, a ZBS rush attack that sets up the play action passes. Also allows your back to get in space on passes.

If the running game is getting stuffed, then it's hard to set up anything off play action.

It's week 1 w/ no Ford or Moore who figure to be big pieces to the offense.

I'll reserve judgement in the short term, but it has to get a lot better starting next week w/ Moore likely back.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
TheAutumnWind wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
wtf did he do bad today? play calling was fine.

wr's coulden't get open/turnovers/bad run blocking/. its all on the players today

ANyone else unimpressed with the "almighty" zone blocking run game??? catching out of the backfield Mcfadden was effective but Dmac never got what the zone blocking scheme is known for... cut and big runs!!! like he did last year in the power scheme. As someone stated before... sad that to start off this new era Allen & Reggie made the mistake of picking Knapp... someone call Steve Sarkisian please Twisted Evil

You're trying way too hard.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 2 of 40

Jump to: